First and Last Caddi owner
By Nick's mom on
1999 Cadillac Catera 4dr Sedan
I bought it used for $20,000 with 14,000 mi.It drove & handled great & had pep.The features were outstanding.But somehow, the constant mechanical problems tend to overshadow everything else. As a new mom, this car is not appropriate. The back seat is small and there is no storage. The cup holders stink and the glove compartment even more so. It starts very rough in cold whether(40s). I am on my 4th bose stereo because it constantly cuts out. The check light is on constantly and no problems can be detected. I am on my 3rd set of expensive tires due to cupping and slow leaks. I now have 73,000 miles and will trade before warranty runs out even w/ neg. equity
Favorite Features
The leather (heated) seats are very nice and so is the sunshade in the rear window. The tinted mirrors are great for night driving. It sill looks great and does have great power when passing.
Suggested Improvements
Work on the mechanicals and the wheels, please. This car is so expensive to fix. I would be even more furious if I bought this car new. Where is the luxery in going to the dealership! Car hold no resale value.