Used 1999 Cadillac Catera Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Cadillac Catera Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic - (39 reviews )

Fun to Drive!
By Siren

1999 Cadillac Catera Sedan 4dr Sedan

I really enjoy this car. I bought it from someone who had already fixed all of its little problems (lol), so I got a great car for the money. It handles great and rides like a Caddy.

I like how it has power everything and heated seats - even in the South. The sound system is fantastic for a stock system.

Dump the brake wear sensor warning light. I am capable of changing my brakes on time. It just gets annoying.

Where did all of the Gremlins come from?
By unhappycateraowner

1999 Cadillac Catera Sedan 4dr Sedan

We bought a '99 catera and ever since we've had it, it feels like it is driving us. it always wants to pull to one side or another. We have also been having transmission problems shifting improperly. The rear view mirror also has started smoking on occasion. My wife and I would never buy or recommend this car to anyone.

The heated seats and Bose radio.

The rear view mirror just doesn't feel sturdy... oh yeah... and it sometimes smokes.

Change the name to "Gremlin"
By Kenr

1999 Cadillac Catera Sedan 4dr Sedan

Well, first, the transmission in my Cadillac Catera has been fixed three times and still doesn't work right. It starts out sometimes in a high gear and won't shift or do anything. Also, the a/c unit has been replaced twice and now the car just won't start sometimes and the repair shop can't get it to act up to diagnose the problem. Now it occasionally will start but run rough. The worst thing about the Catera is its depreciation. I paid $17,000 for it and now it's worth only $6,000, if you don't trade it in.

Decent handling, OKpower when it's running. Rides nice on long trips.

Take it to the scrapyard and crush it.

First and Last Caddi owner
By Nick's mom

1999 Cadillac Catera Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought it used for $20,000 with 14,000 mi.It drove & handled great & had pep.The features were outstanding.But somehow, the constant mechanical problems tend to overshadow everything else. As a new mom, this car is not appropriate. The back seat is small and there is no storage. The cup holders stink and the glove compartment even more so. It starts very rough in cold whether(40s). I am on my 4th bose stereo because it constantly cuts out. The check light is on constantly and no problems can be detected. I am on my 3rd set of expensive tires due to cupping and slow leaks. I now have 73,000 miles and will trade before warranty runs out even w/ neg. equity

The leather (heated) seats are very nice and so is the sunshade in the rear window. The tinted mirrors are great for night driving. It sill looks great and does have great power when passing.

Work on the mechanicals and the wheels, please. This car is so expensive to fix. I would be even more furious if I bought this car new. Where is the luxery in going to the dealership! Car hold no resale value.

SPORT CADDY
By MATTHEW

1999 Cadillac Catera Sedan 4dr Sedan

This car is a fun car to drive. I have had plenty of complements on the interior and the sportiness of the car. The stereo system is amazing. The car is one of the most comfortable cars I have ever owned.

Heated seats, bose stereo, dual air, and sporty look.

The cup holders are horrible and in a bad location. Storage needs to be added to this car.