Used 1999 Cadillac Catera Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Cadillac Catera - Consumer Reviews

1999 Cadillac Catera

Base 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic - (39 reviews )

Even in 2013 this car is fun!
By tannermn

1999 Cadillac Catera 4dr Sedan

This car is a beauty. For the price range, it was hands down a better deal than any other car researched. This car does not accelerate as fast as the newer models today but once you get above 50mph, it can hold its own with any car. Rides steady at the 70 mph mark and at 80 on the freeways with no problem. Great car for cross-country trips. Gas Mileage is good-decent. Nothing spectacular but better than most SUV's. If you get a good deal on this car, its definitely worth it!

Favorite Features

The interior is the best thing about this car by far! There are so many features. The sun-roof is great. The full leather. Even on the sides of the doors is leather. It feels comfortable and classy. It's got all the features you could want and coming from the year 1999 makes it even better. It does have a few features that are nice but over-the-top. The rear window has an electric shade that you can put up which is fun to use but not often.

Suggested Improvements

The cup holders are interesting. They cover the entire dash between the seats and disallow any storage of anything. The only other main issue is the lack of storage around the driver's seat. It's tough finding places to store cds and misc. materials that are needed close by. Small improvements though.

Don't buy this car!
By zach

1999 Cadillac Catera 4dr Sedan

I hate this car. I don't know why I bought this car in the first place. So many problems. The repair cost are getting close to how much a bought it for in 04. $4000. The a/c doesn't work at all. Leaks antifreeze. Need to put more in every weekend. Radio turns off and doesn't come back on. Check engine light is always on. It never goes off. Water pump is bad. The cooling system doesn't work. The fans don't kick in time to cool the engine. Gas in horrible in town. 190-210 miles to a tank. Bout 365 on the interstate going 65-70. The tires go bad in 10k miles. What else? Just don't buy this car. Listen to me and you will not burn a hole in your wallet to fix it.

Favorite Features

it's comfortable. and the Bose system.

Suggested Improvements

everything! fix the hole engine. and the radio. the tires and a/c unit. the cooling system for sure. and mpg. how about light this car on fire and push it off a cliff.

Don't get it
By zach

1999 Cadillac Catera 4dr Sedan

Dont ever get this car. I put to much money into it. It's not reliable car at all. It overheats the oil leaks the ac doesn't work. I want to get this car out of my sight.

Favorite Features

it's comfortable

Suggested Improvements

the whole engine. the cooling system.

My First Cadilliac!
By 99Caddi.Girl

1999 Cadillac Catera 4dr Sedan

I just love my 99 Catera Sport!!! It hugs the road and takes the turn just fine like a GM car should. The inside is luxury with the heated leather seats and easy to reach controls. I have no complaints so for except for the storage area upfront. Not enough room for cell phones or anyother stuff. And the cupholder really should be inside of a console. Being all said....I just love my new baby!!!!

Lemon????
By sally_d_00

1999 Cadillac Catera 4dr Sedan

When I bought my Cadillac Catera last year, I thought I was getting a steal. Little did I know, I was in for a huge expense. Within four months i had problems with the car skipping, then the sunroof would open on its own. Then within another three months I was paying for a Cylinder to be fixed. It was misfiring. BIG EXPENSE!!!!! But wait there's more. Last month, I had to pay for my seals to get resealed. $600.00. They shouldn't need resealed at 93,000 miles. Now, my steering wheel is acting up. It is clicking and LOCKED up on me while I was driving. I would NEVER recommend this car to anyone!! Ever!!

Favorite Features

Bose. and nice Wheels.

Suggested Improvements

The whole car! Remake! Its a Cadillac. Not an Opel!!!!! Own up to your name!!!!!