1999 Cadillac Catera - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic - (0 review )
Even in 2013 this car is fun!
By tannermn on 07/30/13 09:45 AM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac Catera 4dr Sedan

This car is a beauty. For the price range, it was hands down a better deal than any other car researched. This car does not accelerate as fast as the newer models today but once you get above 50mph, it can hold its own with any car. Rides steady at the 70 mph mark and at 80 on the freeways with no problem. Great car for cross-country trips. Gas Mileage is good-decent. Nothing spectacular but better than most SUV's. If you get a good deal on this car, its definitely worth it!

Don't buy this car!
By zach on 06/26/10 21:40 PM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac Catera 4dr Sedan

I hate this car. I don't know why I bought this car in the first place. So many problems. The repair cost are getting close to how much a bought it for in 04. $4000. The a/c doesn't work at all. Leaks antifreeze. Need to put more in every weekend. Radio turns off and doesn't come back on. Check engine light is always on. It never goes off. Water pump is bad. The cooling system doesn't work. The fans don't kick in time to cool the engine. Gas in horrible in town. 190-210 miles to a tank. Bout 365 on the interstate going 65-70. The tires go bad in 10k miles. What else? Just don't buy this car. Listen to me and you will not burn a hole in your wallet to fix it.

Don't get it
By zach on 04/14/10 10:27 AM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac Catera 4dr Sedan

Dont ever get this car. I put to much money into it. It's not reliable car at all. It overheats the oil leaks the ac doesn't work. I want to get this car out of my sight.

My First Cadilliac!
By 99Caddi.Girl on 01/24/10 02:11 AM (PST)

1999 Cadillac Catera 4dr Sedan

I just love my 99 Catera Sport!!! It hugs the road and takes the turn just fine like a GM car should. The inside is luxury with the heated leather seats and easy to reach controls. I have no complaints so for except for the storage area upfront. Not enough room for cell phones or anyother stuff. And the cupholder really should be inside of a console. Being all said....I just love my new baby!!!!

Lemon????
By sally_d_00 on 09/09/09 20:09 PM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac Catera 4dr Sedan

When I bought my Cadillac Catera last year, I thought I was getting a steal. Little did I know, I was in for a huge expense. Within four months i had problems with the car skipping, then the sunroof would open on its own. Then within another three months I was paying for a Cylinder to be fixed. It was misfiring. BIG EXPENSE!!!!! But wait there's more. Last month, I had to pay for my seals to get resealed. $600.00. They shouldn't need resealed at 93,000 miles. Now, my steering wheel is acting up. It is clicking and LOCKED up on me while I was driving. I would NEVER recommend this car to anyone!! Ever!!

Fun at a great price
By Has the Power on 09/03/09 12:33 PM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac Catera 4dr Sedan

Purchased this car used with less than 30K miles on her. Have own her for 7 years and it is the most comfortable car I have had with lots of bells and whistles on her. She is a fun car to drive.

Worst Car Ever
By floridacollegestuden on 02/13/09 20:55 PM (PST)

1999 Cadillac Catera 4dr Sedan

I bought this car for $5000 with 60k miles on it or so.10k miles later I was forced to get rid of it for $100. It has been on the market for so long and no longer would run. I kept pouring money into it and it never would work. Worse car I ever owned. The Catera isn't even Cadillac. The Cadillac dealer in my town refused to work on them. They said it wasn't a real Cadillac. I will never buy any GM car again.

garbage
By jose on 10/18/08 07:47 AM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac Catera 4dr Sedan

I had this car from like new. It had about 16,000 miles. It ran like a champ but then one day it decided it was time to retire. It has 74,000 miles on it and I already had to replace the transmission, starter, ac motor, ac fan, all in 1 month. It started leaking oil not a small leak but a leak that had me adding oil every morning and washing my driveway.

Loved it....
By JIm on 10/07/08 18:28 PM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac Catera 4dr Sedan

The Cat has reoccurring problems like all cars do. Mass Air Flow, Brake Sensors, etc but the '99 corrected MANY of the problems in comparison to the 97 and 98's. I purchased mine at 21K and had it over 120K miles and never did anything more than routine maintenance. It does go through tires though!

My Cadi-Tera
By TymeLess on 08/21/07 01:32 AM (PDT)

1999 Cadillac Catera 4dr Sedan

I loved it ever since I bought it. I bought it at 96,000 miles. It started having problems after 2 months. The coolant light had been on, then it went off, then it started to leak, then the oil started to leak. It over heats. My radio doesnt work, it comes on and off when it wants. My check engine light has been on. Something about one of the o2 sensors. Its really fast, I love when the V6 kicks in. Especially in Sport mode. It has good handling, love the air condition. I love the sound when the radio does come on,(I dnt have the one with the Bose stereo, nor the cd player.) I love the Catera, but it needs improvement. I shoulve done more research b4 I bought it. I hope to trade it soon.