Caterror!
By dasmaedchen on
1998 Cadillac Catera 4dr Sedan
This has been the worst car I've ever owned. I bought it two years ago when I needed a car badly. I'd read a couple poor reviews but was persuaded to at least come look at the car. It looked brand new, had low mileage, and a nice price. I now know that the reason it looked brand new and had low mileage is probably because it was parked, broken, more than actually driven. It is pure garbage. It has had a coolant leak since shortly after I bought it. I have taken it to several different places including a dealership and nobody has been able to stop the leak. This among the many other things wrong with it. It would also randomly refuse to start and then 30 minutes later would start.
Favorite Features
It has a nice Bose stereo, and is nice to look at. Unfortunately, that is pretty much all you'll be able to do...look at it and sit in it listening to music. Other than those things, there is nothing good about the car. Parts are hard to find, mechanics willing to work on it even harder. I will only see my favorite feature of the car after I sell it: the taillights in the distance as it drives away forever.
Suggested Improvements
The only improvement I can think of for the Cadillac Catera is to find every single one ever made, gather them up, and deposit them at the junkyard. If you see one, turn around and run as fast as you can in the opposite direction. It is cheaply made, the speaker covers randomly falls off, the door handle randomly falls off, THE BACK OF THE DRIVER'S SEAT randomly falls off. The heated seats give off a smell that suggests the car could go up in flames at any time. The door is poorly constructed and there have been many times I feared my driver's side door would simply fall off into a random parking lot.