Iffy
By Mike43 on
1997 Cadillac Catera 4dr Sedan
The day after I bought the car at 43,500 miles the transmission went out. The dealer did fix it, but still lags on a cold start from 1st to 2nd gear. The handling of the car is good and the power is sufficient. The car engine sounds great and the car loves to purr and hum at highway speeds which the Catera thrives on. The car is fun and exciting to drive. I just had the right tie rod replaced and there is a rattle on the left side, the repair place said its fine. I hope it will last 100,000 miles with low maintenance costs????
Favorite Features
I like the dark red paint. It really makes the car stand out. Many have said is that a new car..It looks great with chrome wheels and front caddy grille. The bose sound system is great. The car is comfy with heated seats, great for Minnesota.
Suggested Improvements
Improvements...Cadillac should have had a longer warranty. Maybe a heated steering wheel for northern drivers. The dash instruments could have been more colorful than the drab plain color. The new CTS has more color in the dash. Better symbolism.