1991 Cadillac Brougham Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Cadillac Brougham - Consumer Reviews

1991 Brougham Consumer Reviews

Base 5.0L V8 4-speed Automatic - (11 reviews )

Sort Reviews by

'91 Brougham- Last of the Great American Cars
By eaorlando

1991 Cadillac Brougham Sedan 4dr Sedan

I purchased my behemoth earlier this year after spending a year searching for style and comfort in more current automobile. With the possible exception of a Mercedes S550, there was simply nothing that approached the style, comfort and power of this magnificent classic. I found a fine car-- a pristine 5.7L monster with only 23K miles on it. I invested a couple of thousand on mechanicals since it had been sitting idle for years, and have driven it daily now for over a month. It is without a doubt the best car I have ever owned, and I have owned some of the finest cars around!

Favorite Features

The ride on this baby is second to none (it is, after all, a Cadillac), and handling is terrific. The roominess and pampering comfort of the cabin are testament to the days when "touring sedan" meant the car was built to take several people and their luggage on extended trips and have them arrive feeling better than if they had made the trip stuffed into a rush-hour subway car. And, unlike the SUV's and minivans that have largely replaced it, this car speaks to a gentility and individuality that can only be purchased today at staggering cost.

d'elegance turning heads
By Mr1luv

1991 Cadillac Brougham Sedan 4dr Sedan

I love my Caddy it turns more heads than any other car I have ever had. It's like everyone in my neighborhood knows me now by all of the compliments I get from people (young and old) about it. No cheap plastic interior pieces in here, only high quality luxury. It's a shame that they don't make cars like this anymore! I can still remember the first time I saw this model Caddy, I was a freshman in high school in 1991. I said to myself "one day I am going to buy me my own Cadillac Brougham" It took me 19 years but it was well worth the wait!

Favorite Features

The digital dash, Caddy wire wheels, exterior look, and long body style. The 5.7 (350) engine rides so smoothly that sometimes I don't know I'm speeding.

Suggested Improvements

Air shocks in rear could have been better. They don't do well going over speed bumps.

Cadillac Style
By Caddy Daddy

1991 Cadillac Brougham Sedan 4dr Sedan

Was more then a bit apprehensive in buying a car over the net without driving it first, But am more then happy with the outcome thus far. The only draw back that I've found with my 7th Caddy now is it does not do well in the snow. With that said this is by far the best Cadillac that I've owned. Love the styling. And does better on gas miles since I put in the Cyclone fuel saver-seems like it has more power going up hills then without it. And with only 74,000 on it thus, far can see having driving pleasure for a long time to come. Love the triple black scheme as well. A real head turner to say the least.

Favorite Features

Roomy and inside and outside Styling

Suggested Improvements

See above on Cyclone fuel saver

Cream Puff
By chef

1991 Cadillac Brougham Sedan 4dr Sedan

Still rides great 18 years later. Almost all parts have been replaced more then once, but they couldn't biuld another car like this if they tried. The chrome, the lines, the ride. This ride is the last year of the true cream puffs.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

Wind noise from the doors.

The Best Car I Ever Owned
By Kelly Rhoads

1991 Cadillac Brougham Sedan 4dr Sedan

Our 1991 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham has been by far the best car we have ever owned. We purchased it from a local dealer who received it from a person that turned it in after a 5 year lease with 49,000 miles. We now have 251,000 miles on the original 5.7 (350) engine. It uses about 1/2 quart of oil between oil changes. We rebuilt the transmission at about 210,000 miles and have done a few other things as well.

Favorite Features

Comfort is our number one favorite feature. It handles very well and rides like your sitting at home on your couch. Climate controlled heating and air conditioning.

Suggested Improvements

Absolutely none!

clear
By caddylover

1991 Cadillac Brougham Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have a 1991 Cadillac Brougham d'Elegance we purchased the vehicle in 1990 it has 90,000 miles on it and is a great car. Although it is big it gets around 17 mpg city. Great if you don't mind a big limo like car. It is extremely plush! But some people may laugh at it because it is 17 years old.

Favorite Features

Leather, wood grain, digital features such as odometer speedometer.

Suggested Improvements

Resale, size, digital odometer light is burning out. no keyless entry.

Excellent Car
By Mark

1991 Cadillac Brougham Sedan 4dr Sedan

My 1991 Cadillac Brougham is envied by many. It starts in -20 below and is the most comfortable car around. The trunk space is amazing as well. I would highly highly recommend this vehicle. My Caddy currently has 196,000 miles and runs beautifully. I have no complaints!

Favorite Features

The moonroof and climate controls.

Last of the Great American Cars
By David Rosa

1991 Cadillac Brougham Sedan 4dr Sedan

I like it. Wire wheels really don't live long lives!

Favorite Features

Roomy interior, padded seats,climate control

Suggested Improvements

down size exterior, improve lumbar support, heated seats required, more reliable switch for the sunroof, lighten up the whole car...

Phat Ride
By Phugoid

1991 Cadillac Brougham Sedan 4dr Sedan

I absolutely love my 1991 Brougham. I waited 18 years to own a big Caddy, and after 14 months of driving my car the novelty has not worn off. My Brougham has the 305 CI engine and I get 20 mpg...not too bad for a 2.5 ton vehicle. The car rides like a dream and has only needed routine maintenance.

Favorite Features

This is my first car with leather and power everything...but my favorite feature is the classic fleetwood/brougham body style.

Like a living room
By Caddielover

1991 Cadillac Brougham Sedan 4dr Sedan

This car is the personification of luxury. There is no other car on the road that rides, drives and feels so wonderful. It is quiet, reliable and with the 5.7 engine can overtake any car. Spacious and dependable, good gas mileage and room to relax during the long drives. The most space available inside the car and the trunk of any car ever made. Even after a 126,000 miles it is still purring like a kitten and needs only required maintenance. No other car like it!

Favorite Features

Velour interior, 5.7 litre engine, very quiet, spacious and huge trunk.

Suggested Improvements

A tad more leg room on the drivers side.