2015 Cadillac ATS Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Cadillac ATS - Consumer Reviews

2015 Cadillac ATS

View reviews for a specific ATS model:

Love / hate relationship
By T G

2015 Cadillac ATS Standard 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The handling is stellar! I also own a Porsche 911 and this is the only sedan I've ever driven that actually compares ok. I also think the exterior look is fantastic - clean, timeless but also interesting.

However, I dislike just about everything else about this car. CUE is horrendous. It is unintuitive and talks too much when in voice prompt mode. My wife's Audi blows away the Cadillac's interface. While the 2.0ilter engine has reasonable power, you have to overcome both turbo lag and a slow transmission (mine has the 6 speed auto) in order to get good performance. Even then, it sounds pretty bad - a bit like an overworked and muffled lawnmower. If you ignore the sound and run the car in manual mode then it's fine, but who wants to do that.

These two things are irksome enough that I decided to sell the car. Resale is absolutely horrible. This is partially due to the fact that the car was overpriced in the first place. I knew that going in but I wanted to buy American. Poor resale doubles the pain.

If you want to buy the car anyway, get the V6, make sure it has the new 8 speed auto, and make sure you get a hefty discount on this overpriced car.

Overall, I would not recommend this car.

I love my ATS Premium
By Rey

2015 Cadillac ATS Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I saw the ATS at the auto show and fell in love with it. However, I didn't rush into buying it. I compared it to BMW 3 series, Infinity, Acura (my former). I also watched and read comparisons of similar cars from Motor Trend, etc. Once I bought it I've never regretted it. It is very quick, handles fantastic (esp in sport mode) and nimble in traffic. My vehicle has the heads up display which works great and I especially like the auto braking during cruise control. I don't have to constantly hit the brakes any time a car slows down in front of me, the ATS adjusts the speed for me (great feature). I have had my car for 2 1/2 years and I still haven't grown tired of it.

Not your daddy's Caddy
By Steve Cain

2015 Cadillac ATS Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

It's important to understand what this car is and is not. If you think a Crown Victoria is a good car, the ATS is not the car for you. On the other hand if you think a BMW 3 series is a good car, test drive an ATS, you will be surprised. The ATS is a complete departure from the "livingroom recliner on wheels" approach of days gone by for Cadillac. Its a drivers car cut from the cloth of European sports sedans. (Think Audi A4, BMW 3 series) That means crisp handling, quick accelleration, relatively small size and a firm ride. If you think these things are desirable, it's hard to beat an ATS, but if you want a numb isolated ride and don't care about handling, then please, buy something else. For perspective, I traded my wonderful BMW 5 series for the ATS and in most ways, the ATS is as good or better.

I've not driven the base 2.5 engine. My ATS has the 3.6 V6 and for comparisson I have spent a few days driving the 2.0T and both perform similarly in terms of brute power... the 3.6 sounds more pleasant to me but both engines deliver lots of power. If driven in traffic, the cars don't feel real fast because the throttle is easy to modulate in stop and go traffic... but if you stomp on it, you will see 60MPH in between 5 and 6 seconds. If you enjoy driving fast on twisty roads, it doesn't get a lot better than the ATS for four seats. Definitely not Crown Victoria like.

For more perspective, I'm in my 50's, 5'8 and fit fine in the front and back seats comfortably. The up optioned seats are terrific even if 6 footers aren't going to be happy in the back seat, but they aren't going to be happy in the back of an A4 or 3 series either. I have read some reviews on line about the ATS and draw the conclusion that some ATS buyers had no idea what they were buying. They would be happier with an early 90's Crown Victoria. That's fine, but you have to come to terms with what the car is and what it's intended to do. The alternatives to my ATS are the Mercedes C250, Audi A4, and BMW 328. If you think an alternative to the ATS is a Toyota Avalon, you should consider something else. As for me, I love my ATS.

"extremely displeased"
By Dave Katreeb

2015 Cadillac ATS Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is the worst Cadillac I've ever been in, I've owned two prior to this one. I am extremely displeased with my 2015 ATS 2.0T Luxury model. If you are an average to large person, get in and out of the driver's seat a few times. The door pillar makes it very difficult. Most likely the worst feature for me. Look at the passenger room, sit in the back seat. It was very uncomfortable with four adults. The max load, passenger and cargo is only just over 800 lbs. The cab is small and noisy. Open the moonroof in either configuration and it's very noisy. There is nothing that sets this Cadillac apart from any other vehicle. The Luxury model is sub par to the foreign cars standard models and almost twice the price. The 2.0 claims to get good mileage, I am only getting just under 20 mpg. There is nothing 'Cadillac' about my ATS. I've had mine for two months and have less than 800 miles. I'd rather drive my 2006 Ford Ranger than the ATS, and I do. If you are in the market for a small sedan, look else where.

Fun to drive
By Harold

2015 Cadillac ATS Standard 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We leased the ATS because of its great looks but was pleasantly surprised by the excellent ride and handling. I would say the ATS actually drives better than a 3 series BMW. We do not regret leasing this fun to drive car. Only complaint is the rear seat is not designed for large adults and difficult to enter and exit but once you get in it is comfortable enough for moderate trips. Highly recommend.