Update after 5,000 miles
By vroom2 on
2014 Cadillac ATS Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
I previously posted my initial impressions of the ATS and here are some thoughts after another 5K miles on the odometer: Now that the engine has some miles on it, the fuel economy has improved to meeting or exceeding EPA numbers. Expect 30-33 MPG on the highway and 20-22 in town. This car needs premium gas. Lower grades will dull performance and increase fuel consumption considerably. I still miss real buttons and knobs on the CUE system but its no reason not to buy the car. The small 10cu feet trunk is enough for a road trip for two but no more than that.
Favorite Features
Outstanding brakes with really good progressive pedal action. Strong but not grabby. Best steering feel in its class. The wizardry of the suspension still amazes me: sporty and fun but also very comfortable for road trips and over broken pavement. Excellent build quality and interior materials. Combination of tilting mirrors, parking sensors and camera make this one of the easiest cars to parallel park in tight spaces.
Suggested Improvements
Larger trunk and back seat leg room. Slightly more aggressive exhaust note. Real knobs and buttons for CUE system Better engine performance on regular gas.