2014 Cadillac ATS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Cadillac Ats - Consumer Reviews

2014 Cadillac ATS Sedan

View reviews for a specific ATS model:

Most Helpful|
Update after 5,000 miles
By vroom2

2014 Cadillac ATS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I previously posted my initial impressions of the ATS and here are some thoughts after another 5K miles on the odometer: Now that the engine has some miles on it, the fuel economy has improved to meeting or exceeding EPA numbers. Expect 30-33 MPG on the highway and 20-22 in town. This car needs premium gas. Lower grades will dull performance and increase fuel consumption considerably. I still miss real buttons and knobs on the CUE system but its no reason not to buy the car. The small 10cu feet trunk is enough for a road trip for two but no more than that.

Favorite Features

Outstanding brakes with really good progressive pedal action. Strong but not grabby. Best steering feel in its class. The wizardry of the suspension still amazes me: sporty and fun but also very comfortable for road trips and over broken pavement. Excellent build quality and interior materials. Combination of tilting mirrors, parking sensors and camera make this one of the easiest cars to parallel park in tight spaces.

Suggested Improvements

Larger trunk and back seat leg room. Slightly more aggressive exhaust note. Real knobs and buttons for CUE system Better engine performance on regular gas.

Going back to Lexus...
By kanger3

2014 Cadillac ATS Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The sharp exterior styling brought me to this car, and the great salesman got me to drive off with it. I've had this car for 12months (16K miles) now and have run into one issue after another...A blowout from the run-flat tires was the first issue. I paid $400 for a new tire because they said it was road-hazard. Then the USB ports stopped charging. Then the car threw up a check engine light (code P0023) dealer replaced a fuel solenoid. One month later, threw up another check engine (code P0021) dealer replaced fuel solenoid in Bank B. It's been a week, and now the car is idling rough and lacking power. No engine codes...YET.

Favorite Features

Exterior, great highway fuel economy

Suggested Improvements

1. Stop promoting the run-flat tires. The tires give the car a terrible ride. They blowout often. Costs significantly more than conventional tires. Reduces city fuel economy because they weigh more. 2. The glossy interior attracts dust and awful fingerprint smudges. Cadillac knows this is an issue and gives you a microfiber cloth. How about you make it a matte finish instead of the cloth? 3. Most importantly, correct the engine issues. I am not the only one experiencing these issues, and the ATS isn't the only line with these issues, all Cadillac's with the 3.6L engine have these same issues. It all stems from the timing chain...Please do the right thing and issue a RECALL.

Shrinks
By austinp4

2014 Cadillac ATS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I fell in love with the car during the test drive because of the technology and the styling of the interior. Unfortunately, that ended the first time I tried to have a friend ride in the back seat. If you're over 5'-9", there's no way an adult can ride behind you. If they had added 4 inches of leg room, I'd love this car. I don't know why they didn't just make this a 2-seater. I may end up trading it in for something larger.

Favorite Features

CUE is great once you figure it out. Styling is great. Seats are really comfortable for the driver. Car looks great. Sound system is good.

Suggested Improvements

Add a few inches of room to the back seat. Re-design the head rests for the front seat. My wife is 5'-2" and the head rests are uncomfortable for her.

Awesome Car
By willj685

2014 Cadillac ATS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Love this car. Bought it in March. Looks sharp and people notice it. It has serious pick up and speed and excellent handling. The CUE is a little cumbersome but overall not that difficult to use. Definitely a smaller car, you're not going to be able to fit a lot of people in it, but overall it gets the job done.

Favorite Features

The speed and pick up of car. Rear view camera. Good tech within car. Alerts for when ur drifting out of lane

Suggested Improvements

Make sure stabilitrack consistently works. Mine usually does, but every ten rides or so it will say it doesn't work. It still drives fine, think it's a computer issue.

Come on GM
By ctshadaflood

2014 Cadillac ATS Sedan Performance 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I had Cadillacs my whole life. I had a skid with Infinti from 2011 to 13. Probably my best 3 years of driving, I went back to Cadi because i believed they were making a better car and the deal was also inviting. But the continuing problems surface every month. The quality is sub par to those imports. Craftmanshift is very poor. The look of the ATS performance is outstanding as the handling. I made a mistake of getting the 2.0. It has no punch from the gate. Aside all the fun this CAR has to offer. Its in the shop once a month for something. I lost the power steering once, not a good experiance. I even lost the dashboard lights,gauges.Going in now 4 mildew smell in AC, its killing me.

Favorite Features

Handles , Looks

Suggested Improvements

cue is horrible. If Gm makes to make a better car, pay us that drive them $100 and subway sandwich for the day and ill show you the flaws you are missing sitting behind a desk designing these cars