2014 Cadillac ATS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Cadillac Ats - Consumer Reviews

2014 Cadillac ATS

View reviews for a specific ATS model:

Going back to Lexus...
By kanger3

2014 Cadillac ATS Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The sharp exterior styling brought me to this car, and the great salesman got me to drive off with it. I've had this car for 12months (16K miles) now and have run into one issue after another...A blowout from the run-flat tires was the first issue. I paid $400 for a new tire because they said it was road-hazard. Then the USB ports stopped charging. Then the car threw up a check engine light (code P0023) dealer replaced a fuel solenoid. One month later, threw up another check engine (code P0021) dealer replaced fuel solenoid in Bank B. It's been a week, and now the car is idling rough and lacking power. No engine codes...YET.

Favorite Features

Exterior, great highway fuel economy

Suggested Improvements

1. Stop promoting the run-flat tires. The tires give the car a terrible ride. They blowout often. Costs significantly more than conventional tires. Reduces city fuel economy because they weigh more. 2. The glossy interior attracts dust and awful fingerprint smudges. Cadillac knows this is an issue and gives you a microfiber cloth. How about you make it a matte finish instead of the cloth? 3. Most importantly, correct the engine issues. I am not the only one experiencing these issues, and the ATS isn't the only line with these issues, all Cadillac's with the 3.6L engine have these same issues. It all stems from the timing chain...Please do the right thing and issue a RECALL.

Awesome Car
By willj685

2014 Cadillac ATS Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Love this car. Bought it in March. Looks sharp and people notice it. It has serious pick up and speed and excellent handling. The CUE is a little cumbersome but overall not that difficult to use. Definitely a smaller car, you're not going to be able to fit a lot of people in it, but overall it gets the job done.

Favorite Features

The speed and pick up of car. Rear view camera. Good tech within car. Alerts for when ur drifting out of lane

Suggested Improvements

Make sure stabilitrack consistently works. Mine usually does, but every ten rides or so it will say it doesn't work. It still drives fine, think it's a computer issue.

ATS on wheels...please read
By caddi2

2014 Cadillac ATS Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

On 10618283 NTHSA,Called the dealership who sold us the run flat tires), tweeted GM. No one at this point has been the least bit interested in what I had I to say. After my crash, on August 11, 2014, I have found several other ATS owners that experience the same exact issue..I am the only one to suffer injuries, crash and totaled my car. What is GM or the tire manufacture or these Safety Org. waiting for someone to die. I almost lost my life my 16 daughter was in the car with me...my husband almost lost his wife and daughter, and my son almost lost his mother and sister. As I stated before please help me shed some light on this issue. If this were your loved o

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

better tires

Goodbye BMW
By joeeeguy

2014 Cadillac ATS Standard 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

After owning a 2010 BMW 3 lease was up and went with 2014 ATS AWD. If your looking for back seat room this is not your car . Just me and my lady and occasional family member for any short rides. I have already done some foolish things with this car that I would not even tried with the BMW. 3 modes of travel sport, touring , snow ,all three have there moments and all work great . Love this car in aspects of travel , Cue radio very touchy would rather have knobs. No problems over 9 months 10 k miles Turns heads

Come on GM
By ctshadaflood

2014 Cadillac ATS Performance 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I had Cadillacs my whole life. I had a skid with Infinti from 2011 to 13. Probably my best 3 years of driving, I went back to Cadi because i believed they were making a better car and the deal was also inviting. But the continuing problems surface every month. The quality is sub par to those imports. Craftmanshift is very poor. The look of the ATS performance is outstanding as the handling. I made a mistake of getting the 2.0. It has no punch from the gate. Aside all the fun this CAR has to offer. Its in the shop once a month for something. I lost the power steering once, not a good experiance. I even lost the dashboard lights,gauges.Going in now 4 mildew smell in AC, its killing me.

Favorite Features

Handles , Looks

Suggested Improvements

cue is horrible. If Gm makes to make a better car, pay us that drive them $100 and subway sandwich for the day and ill show you the flaws you are missing sitting behind a desk designing these cars