Best in Class
By pghgator on
2013 Cadillac ATS Standard 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
FINALLY! Cadillac and GM have made a car that not only competes with the Europeans but beats them hands down. First let me say that I currently own a MB C300sport, and have owned a BMW 5 series and Lexus IS. I looked at the BMW 1 and 3 Series, the Audi A4, and the MB C300 and nothing compare to the value you get with this car. I was looking for an entry level luxury sedan for my wife and found this car to be superior than anything else in the marketplace. I really wanted to buy the baby bummer, but just couldn't justify against what Cadillac was offering. In years past I wouldn't even consider a Cadillac, but loved the new design so much I thought I'd give it a test drive...I was sold!
Favorite Features
Interior comfort and ride. Cadillac did an execellent job on craftsmanship on the interior. I found the ride a litter softer (which I prefer) over the stiffer ride of my Benz. I opted for the base version as this will be primarily a car for short commutes to work and/or highway road use. My preference would have been to at least add the turbo as the base engine seems to work a bit more for the same power, but my wife is satisfied with it.
Suggested Improvements
Still not overly thrilled about the hard angle exterior design, but the interior more than makes up for it. You live inside the car anyway. Make the 4c turbo or 6 cyl standard and do away with the base if you really want to crush the market segment. No need to make multiple engines for this vehicle. A simple 6 with stick or auto transmission is enough.