Used 2013 Cadillac ATS Sedan Consumer Reviews - 31 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Cadillac ATS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2013 Cadillac ATS Sedan

View reviews for a specific ATS model:

Flat out best value in this segment
By tomfoolery2

2013 Cadillac ATS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I was hesitant to check out the American manufacturers and disappointed in Lincoln for sure (Chrystler doesn't even compete here). However, this car stood out as a giant slayer.

I did exhaustive research and the ATS gives much more value per dollar than anything else out there. The equivalent German or Japanese cars cost significantly more. We're talking 20-30% more!

At first I wanted to use my new gem sparingly but the more I drive it the more I find myself making excuses to go for a spin.

Don't buy this car without the full CUE. Pony up and you won't regret it. Don't believe anyone who says CUE is unusable. I have had zero trouble.

- CUE is a masterpiece, there are even three customizable LCD view panels within your gauges. - Comfortable seats. I'm 6'1" and 200lbs and I fit - Seat memory - Responsive turbo (no lag if you ask me) - Superb cornering and control - Quiet cabin - Hands-free phone calls are very clear, even to the party on the other end - OnStar app is awesome. I can communicate with my car from anywhere to lock, unlock, start, check vitals, etc. - No problem identifying thousands of songs on a USB flash drive. You music must be indexed properly though. - Voice controls are great. No training to do, it detects names in your phonebook automagically. - Proximity remote for entry and locking doors

- Climate controls work but have some unintuitive lag. Certainly usable though. - Back seat leg room is tight. - City gas mileage is very bad on 2.0T AWD model. Might as well have gotten the V6. - Proximity/parking sensors are overly sensitive when car is very dirty (my fault I suppose). - Would be nice to have more wheel options. - 1-step behind Germans on gas mileage due to lack of 8-speed trans. - When you get on the accelerator, cabin temperature control goes out the window and you get blasted with hot air. Not a big deal, just a nag.

Two ATS's Since Memorial day 2013
By unsatisfied27

2013 Cadillac ATS Sedan Standard 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased a new 2013 ats on memorial day 2013 , i am on my second one now.
the first one i had put 5509 miles on it the first 10 days i owned it. i took it back to the dealership in N.C and had a complaint that the steering wheel would get stuck while driving on the highway, they had the car for two weeks . could not find problem, did some computer updates as recommended from cadillac tech support. it continued to happen after they gave it back to me .finally had it towed back for the same problem. they gave me a new one, put 8700 miles on that one and i have an electrical problem center dash goes black. turns out there is a short in the radio and the ecm unit .

there are no favorite features ,after owning two ats's in less than 6 months , i have nothing but problems with both of them. my dash went out again yesterday 02/21/14. was recalled for rough idle ,they did a computer update but still hasnt rectified the problem. usb ports in center glove box stopped working. had to get that fixed .

The only suggestion i can offer at this time, ater owning two ats's in less than 6 months , Go Back To The Drawing Board On This One. Not worth the money at all. Big head ache !!!!!

2013 ATS Base
By joeyfernando26

2013 Cadillac ATS Sedan Standard 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I leased the 2013 ATS back in August 2013. After looking at the BMW 320i, Mercedes CLA, and Lexus IS250, I had fallen in love with the ATS when I test drove it. No, it's not the 2.0T or 3.6, but this little engine really is peppy once you step on the accelerator. The only complaint is that I never achieve the marketed MPG, I only get around 18 driving to and from work and school. Other than that, I LOVE this car!

standard ipod connectivity, standard push button start.

make CUE standard on ALL models, as well as smart key access system. Maybe an 8-Speed auto to improve MPG?

remarkable car
By ls8

2013 Cadillac ATS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Have the 2.0T with CUE, etc.
Have been driving it in the city and have been very impressed, but drove it for first time in N Ga mtns this weekend and was amazed.
Rather than fighting tight curves, it dives into them.
Scary fast acceleration to pass with no lag or hesitation.
Easy to pass someone on a two lane and look down and see that you are doing 100 all within a couple of seconds.
CUE took about one day to get used to and now I wouldnt want to go back.
Interior makes my previous BMW interior look like the 80's.
Functionality and sound quality on the CUE stereo is outstanding.

2.0Turbo, CUE, Driver Awareness package

Excellent First Effort by Cadillac!!!
By oshkosh49

2013 Cadillac ATS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've had this car for a few weeks. And it's everything I was hoping it would be, and more. I've been reading for the past 30 years in Car & Driver and Motor Trend about how great the driving experience of the BMW 3-Series was. During all of that time I was hoping like crazy that either Cadillac or Lincoln would develop and produce a direct competitor to the German entry level sport sedans. Lincoln hasn't yet, Cadillac finally did. Kudos to GM for not dropping the development of this model during their bankruptcy. The ATS's handling and steering feedback is just amazing. The ride is what you SHOULD expect from a compact sport sedan. Hey, it's not your Grandpa's land yacht!!!

The handling and the steering feedback is world class. The AWD is great for the northern climates. The exterior and interior styling is very cool. The acceleration is far more than adequate with the 3.6L V6. The braking is strong and secure, and easy to modulate. The CUE is a definite learning curve, but what brand new touchpad tablet computer wasn't? And for 2013, Cadillac gives you an Apple iPad with the tutorials and videos to teach you about the CUE. The backup camera is a safety feature worth it's weight in gold. The "Driver Awareness Package" and the "Cold Weather Package" are wonderful. The optional "Thunder Gray Chromaflair" paint color is beautiful.

Drop the noisey, raspy, and underpowered 2.5L 4 cylinder from the ATS's lineup. I know why Cadillac slipped it into their engine option list. Because of the new future U.S. Government CAFE fuel economy standards for 2016 of 35.5 mpg, that's why. The 2.0L Turbo 4 cylinder should suffice quite nicely as the entry level engine option. I'm sure GM is currently working on a 8-speed automatic to compete more directly the other brands that already have it. But like I stated, an excellent first effort by Cadillac. I love my AWD 3.6L ATS!