Used 2013 Cadillac ATS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Cadillac Ats - Consumer Reviews

2013 Cadillac ATS Sedan

View reviews for a specific ATS model:

Just don't believe the MPG on the sticker..
By glenroebuck

2013 Cadillac ATS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The car pretty much sells itself after on test drive. I got the 2.0L Turbo AWD Luxury model with cold climate package (heated seats and steering wheel). Its' quick it handles great, it looks awesome an even the base model impresses. It is, quite simply, an amazing fun car to drive and it breaks out of the cookie cutter beemer world and lets me spend some of my money on a good ole usa car. I am 6 feet 260 and love the seats. my Salesman was 6'2" 250 and road in back and he was fine. I would not want to drive to florida back there but then given the mph on this thing I would not drive to florida with it..see improvements.

Favorite Features

The handling, the engine sound, the interior look and feel. The quietness when it is being reserved the that throaty growl when it is not. The guages and colorful and concise. There is a lot of information but it is all easy to see at a glance. Bembro brakes...nuff said. Best Voice recognition hands down. I can say a song title it will play it, say xm 100 it will tune to it...amazing..it works well.

Suggested Improvements

Space....the glove box could maybe hold one glove, the center console is tight. The trunk is well..small. I realize it is a compact Luxo but better space planning could have fixed a few things. CUE- as neat as it is to look at it is maddening. The touch controls have a mind of their own sometime. The cord from my 9500ix radar will change the settings randomly I have to hang it over the mirror. The turn signal. OMG a 40-60K car and the turn signal clacks like it's from a 94 impala. The steering wheel controls. Not ergonomic at all. Almost harder to figure out than CUE. MPG- pretty much a lie. Best i get on the highway was 24. 20% lower than advertised. That is a big difference IRL.

Trembling at Idle flaw
By dior97

2013 Cadillac ATS Sedan Standard 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have 2013 Cadillac with 800 miles. It trembles in idle during a red light for example .My dealer tried to fix with a software bulletin however it still has a minor trembling problem that is annoying and makes me wonder do i have a Cadillac or some cheap clunker. I can't believe that Cadillac is not aware or able to fix this flaw with the rough idle .This Cadillac Ats will not compete with Bmw , Audi with this problem. I think vehicle has awesome styling and does have a quiet ride but the trembling on idle give the whole car a bitter taste.

Favorite Features

Styling gets an A, , Car is quiet and gets an A , handling and Ride is great on the Michelins .and vehicle and gets an A on that. Vehicle is almost perfect except for rough idle during a red light and gets an F . Cadillac ... please fix this trembling idle during a stop at a red light.

Suggested Improvements

Biggest flaw is trembling during a red light for example. This Flaw is annoying and makes no sense for any new vehicle to shake . A Software bulletin did not work to fix the problem. Advisor told me he has received many complaints on this idle matter.

ATS V6 AWD Performance
By thomas78

2013 Cadillac ATS Sedan Performance 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is a great car, period. Is it a great value? Compared to a similarly equipped 3 series, absolutely. I was ready to "pull the trigger" on a $56K 3 series but couldn't justify its value, especially with that pathetic plastic screen sticking up out of the top of the dash board, really? CUE, like your first smart phone or new computer operating system, needs understanding. However, it's appalling to see Consumer Reports slam ATS's rating because of CUE--shame on them. The ATS is fun to drive, the sound system is outstanding, cabin noise is non-existent and it handles like a dream--better than a 3 series. A small trunk, tight rear seat and stiff ride are justified minor complaints.

Favorite Features

CUE is awesome, the interior is top notch, cabin noise is non-existent, sound system is amazing and handling is outstanding.

Suggested Improvements

Small trunk, tight rear seat and stiff ride, should be expected for this size and class of vehicle as it was designed to be fun to drive. Any improvement in these areas would make an almost perfect car, well, perfect.

Finally, an American Sports Sedan!
By jg0712

2013 Cadillac ATS Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Have only had my ATS for a week but I can already record some observations. This car probably possesses the best driving dynamics in a sports sedan in it's class. Tighter suspension and lateral balance than current 3 series. Not as smooth as Infiniti G but outshines these cars in more categories than not. My first American car since my first car ever back in 1984 and I feel it was worth the wait. Not perfect, but a true drivers car that doesn't compromise on handling, performance and style.

Favorite Features

Build quality, interior and exterior styling, that fact that it came with a six speed manual transmission, instrumentation cluster and driver information display. Steering, handling, torque. Not a feature of the car but the dealership experience was the best I've had, ever. Did the deal over the internet and email, even credit app. Price quoted and monthly payment was what I got and no one tried to up sell me the worthless add on's. Simple, smooth, no BS.

Suggested Improvements

Manual gearbos a little too notchy and shifts throws a little long, but not a deal breaker. Engine is loud which isn't a turn off but it sounds very labored especially under 3,000 rpms. Cue is pretty good but a little sluggish, not bad for first gen. Also, not a big deal but with all Cue can do, you can't control climate control with voice command system. A bit of an oversight since I had cars 10 years ago that could do this.

Awesome value
By 383motec

2013 Cadillac ATS Sedan Standard 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Performance: Chassis tuning is awesome, ride that pleases Lexus fans, and sportiness that will impress BMW fans. Brakes are outstanding and acceleration is competitive in the segment. COMFORT: Front seats comfort is excellent and leatherette is top grade. The engine howls and buzzes a lot under duress, but it's actually smoother and has less boom at idle, low speeds, under low rpm/heavy load than my 2010 Audi A5 2.0T with its heralded engine. I'm 5'10"/180 lbs. and this interior is nearly snug. The rear seat is adequate for adults up to 5'10", if everybody cooperates with seating position. Trunk is narrow, but reasonably tall and deep. Great standard stereo sound beats my Audi B&O

Favorite Features

1) For the standard 2.0T, fit and finish is truly exceptional, and I came from a $10k pricier A5 2.0T. 2) Driving pleasure 3) Balance of performance and comfort 4) Rear end styling is best-in-class. Car also looks longer and bigger than it actually is. 5) Aggressive lease deals, heavily subsidized, lease price is like a much cheaper Accord LX or RAV4. 6) Interior styling and fit and finish 7) My 2.0T no-option standard is one of the rare cars with the right equipment for a hardware oriented enthusiast. No folding rear seat, no locking gas gap, no real security alarm and savings there applied to where it matters most for a hardware oriented enthusiast. 8) Onstar trial w/nav.

Suggested Improvements

1) 8-speed auto. needed 2) My non-CUE infotainment has too many glitches: massive latency with > 10 GBytes SD card media, flaky everything (SD/USB card read-in), so much delay to read in data, latency when browsing media, system when playing SD/USB freezes and restarts every 30 m to 1 hour of playing (memory leaks???) 3) Need to copy Audi's cell phone interactivity. Need to say "Bluetooth", "Voice" then dial . In Audi, all you have to do is say "Dial " 4) Trying to browse media folders by hierarchy only via righy knob is impossible while driving (texting is probably safer!). Please benchmark Audi's MMI. 5) Standard wheels look too small -FE be damned