2013 Cadillac ATS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific ATS model:
ATS V6 AWD Performance
By thomas78 on 06/07/13 20:03 PM (PDT)

2013 Cadillac ATS Performance 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is a great car, period. Is it a great value? Compared to a similarly equipped 3 series, absolutely. I was ready to "pull the trigger" on a $56K 3 series but couldn't justify its value, especially with that pathetic plastic screen sticking up out of the top of the dash board, really? CUE, like your first smart phone or new computer operating system, needs understanding. However, it's appalling to see Consumer Reports slam ATS's rating because of CUE--shame on them. The ATS is fun to drive, the sound system is outstanding, cabin noise is non-existent and it handles like a dream--better than a 3 series. A small trunk, tight rear seat and stiff ride are justified minor complaints.

Finally, an American Sports Sedan!
By jg0712 on 05/18/13 09:36 AM (PDT)

2013 Cadillac ATS Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Have only had my ATS for a week but I can already record some observations. This car probably possesses the best driving dynamics in a sports sedan in it's class. Tighter suspension and lateral balance than current 3 series. Not as smooth as Infiniti G but outshines these cars in more categories than not. My first American car since my first car ever back in 1984 and I feel it was worth the wait. Not perfect, but a true drivers car that doesn't compromise on handling, performance and style.

Awesome value
By 383motec on 05/12/13 23:44 PM (PDT)

2013 Cadillac ATS Standard 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Performance: Chassis tuning is awesome, ride that pleases Lexus fans, and sportiness that will impress BMW fans. Brakes are outstanding and acceleration is competitive in the segment. COMFORT: Front seats comfort is excellent and leatherette is top grade. The engine howls and buzzes a lot under duress, but it's actually smoother and has less boom at idle, low speeds, under low rpm/heavy load than my 2010 Audi A5 2.0T with its heralded engine. I'm 5'10"/180 lbs. and this interior is nearly snug. The rear seat is adequate for adults up to 5'10", if everybody cooperates with seating position. Trunk is narrow, but reasonably tall and deep. Great standard stereo sound beats my Audi B&O

Cadillac ATS 3.6 RWD with FE3 magnetic ride
By m3nomore on 03/30/13 11:03 AM (PDT)

2013 Cadillac ATS Premium 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned two M3s and an S4 among other cars. But after test-driving the 3.6 ATS and comparing prices, the Caddy ATS won hands down for me. For handling, ride comfort, and braking, ATS beats the others. Yeah, M3 is quicker by .7 sec to 60 ... not a big deal unless you take your ride to the track every weekend. Mileage: 19mpg city, 29 highway(!), 24 combined so no complaints there especially as compared to M3. This car is a pleasure to drive with its great handling, and it feels good to have finally cut the cord to those overpriced Germans. CUE is not perfect but is far from a deal-breaker. Overall: this car is a winner and I have NO regrets with this purchase.

BMW Convert
By csrmax on 03/25/13 13:03 PM (PDT)

2013 Cadillac ATS Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Having owned several BMW's, I thought I'd never own any other brand(especially a Cadillac). When my last BMW's lease was up in Dec 2012, I looked at both the 535 and 335.... lease prices were insane! Additionally, I had a hard time telling the 3 from the 5 series, and interiors were blah! After reading several reviews of the ATS, I decided that a test drive wouldn't hurt, my expectations not being high, I was pleasantly surprised, and, frankly, somewhat stunned how well the ATS drove! After several more test drives(2.0T AWD vs. 3.6 AWD) I now an ATS in my garage!

Cadillac produces a WINNER!!!!
By golddog1 on 03/14/13 08:10 AM (PDT)

2013 Cadillac ATS Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I recently leased a Cadillac ATS and have been very pleased with this vehicle. 3.6 AWD has returned 21.4 mpg. The overall ride is very comfortable and composed. Plenty of power with the 3.6 and the brakes are stellar. The run-flat tires can be noisy but that depends on the pavement. Overall quietness is very good. The CUE system, for me, is extremely easy to use. Not sure why so many reviewers, including the experts, are having such a difficult time with it. Controls are all well laid out and easy to access. Overall, a comfortable, fun, technology packed vehicle that makes driving fun again.

+ and - of the ATS
By bullzeye on 03/07/13 23:20 PM (PST)

2013 Cadillac ATS Standard 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Fun car to drive, fast & great brakes. Clean ext design.Cue is nice but somewhat difficult & sometimes frustrating. They really forgot about leg room when designing back seats, Boo. Gas, Not really all that great 16.8mpg which is somewhat of a drag & that is driving calm, if u push it will be under 16 mpg's forsure I recommend 91 or even 93octane that ur best chance of having best MPG. My best has been 17.4 using 93 oct. Car tends to flutter when idle esp if 89 or lower octane gas. Overall like my car, yeah CUE update would be nice overall Good car.1st yr model always need tweeks Love my Bose speakers & the ride come on its a Caddy....and Pow is nice esp mid range no top end yet let u know.

THE RIGHT DIRECTION
By cjackson4 on 03/05/13 07:36 AM (PST)

2013 Cadillac ATS Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I’ve never seen myself as a Cadillac owner, but I must say I love this car. When I first looked into buying a new car, I compared it to the BMW, Mercedes and Audi. I wanted to get the most for my buck. After calculating price of car, maintenance, and fuel cost I easily ruled out Mercedes and Audi. The BMW drove very nice but the inside look was not appealing enough. Also, with gas prices going up I don’t think it is wise to buy a car that requires PREMIUM gas. All this made my decision very easy. In the ATS I purchased the 2.5 4-cylinder. I am averaging around 25 mpg and most of my commute is in the city. I LOVE THIS CAR and I am truly happy I made this decision.

Impressive little car!
By mnharris on 02/25/13 22:42 PM (PST)

2013 Cadillac ATS Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have the full tilt 3.6 sedan. Had it nearly two months now and have no regrets! Car handles and drives amazing and still rides well. Cadillac did a good job overall!

ATS MAJOR PROBLEMS READ THIS !
By kd1007 on 02/08/13 09:45 AM (PST)

2013 Cadillac ATS Standard 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

If unresponsiveness in Cadillac's CUE infotainment system has been a personal point of frustration, relief is on the way: an update to smooth things over is being worked on. CUE Design Manager Jeff Massimilla told Wired Magazine that the firm's received feedback regarding responsiveness, and they're working on "a modification that will be released sometime later this year." DONT BUY OR LEASE TILL ITS FIXED ! With the upgrade, the infotainment system will be more responsive and the touchscreen and capacitive buttons will provide haptic feedback more quickly. The Cadillac XTS and ATS are set to score the update, but there's still no exact date penciled in for the patch's arrival. DONT BUY OR LEASE TILL ITS FIXED ! Though vehicles could suck down the update with a built-in data connection, the software will need to be installed by a Cadillac dealership instead. Not a fan of having lost knobs and dials to a touchscreen in the first place? According to Cadillac VP of Marketing Don Butler, we'll see the likes of such analog controls complement the screen interface in the future. WHICH MEANS SOOOO MANY CUSTOMERS ARE COMPLAINING THEY ARE GOING TO PUT KNOBS FOR HEATING/AC AND RADIO BACK IN THE CAR IF THEY DONT NO BUYERS AND LOTS OF UNHAPPY NEW CUSTOMERS LIKE ME CANT WAIT FOR THEM TO FIX POOR RADIO RECEPTION BAD ANTENNA SYSTEM AND COME CLEAN ON THE TERRIBLE MPG PROBLEM ON TURBO ATS K.D.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Cadillac ATS in VA is:

$180 per month*