2013 Cadillac ATS Consumer Reviews 2

2013 Cadillac ATS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific ATS model:
Trembling at Idle flaw
By dior97 on 07/28/13 19:02 PM (PDT)

2013 Cadillac ATS Standard 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have 2013 Cadillac with 800 miles. It trembles in idle during a red light for example .My dealer tried to fix with a software bulletin however it still has a minor trembling problem that is annoying and makes me wonder do i have a Cadillac or some cheap clunker. I can't believe that Cadillac is not aware or able to fix this flaw with the rough idle .This Cadillac Ats will not compete with Bmw , Audi with this problem. I think vehicle has awesome styling and does have a quiet ride but the trembling on idle give the whole car a bitter taste.

ATS V6 AWD Performance
By thomas78 on 06/07/13 20:03 PM (PDT)

2013 Cadillac ATS Performance 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is a great car, period. Is it a great value? Compared to a similarly equipped 3 series, absolutely. I was ready to "pull the trigger" on a $56K 3 series but couldn't justify its value, especially with that pathetic plastic screen sticking up out of the top of the dash board, really? CUE, like your first smart phone or new computer operating system, needs understanding. However, it's appalling to see Consumer Reports slam ATS's rating because of CUE--shame on them. The ATS is fun to drive, the sound system is outstanding, cabin noise is non-existent and it handles like a dream--better than a 3 series. A small trunk, tight rear seat and stiff ride are justified minor complaints.

Finally, an American Sports Sedan!
By jg0712 on 05/18/13 09:36 AM (PDT)

2013 Cadillac ATS Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Have only had my ATS for a week but I can already record some observations. This car probably possesses the best driving dynamics in a sports sedan in it's class. Tighter suspension and lateral balance than current 3 series. Not as smooth as Infiniti G but outshines these cars in more categories than not. My first American car since my first car ever back in 1984 and I feel it was worth the wait. Not perfect, but a true drivers car that doesn't compromise on handling, performance and style.

Awesome value
By 383motec on 05/12/13 23:44 PM (PDT)

2013 Cadillac ATS Standard 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Performance: Chassis tuning is awesome, ride that pleases Lexus fans, and sportiness that will impress BMW fans. Brakes are outstanding and acceleration is competitive in the segment. COMFORT: Front seats comfort is excellent and leatherette is top grade. The engine howls and buzzes a lot under duress, but it's actually smoother and has less boom at idle, low speeds, under low rpm/heavy load than my 2010 Audi A5 2.0T with its heralded engine. I'm 5'10"/180 lbs. and this interior is nearly snug. The rear seat is adequate for adults up to 5'10", if everybody cooperates with seating position. Trunk is narrow, but reasonably tall and deep. Great standard stereo sound beats my Audi B&O

Cadillac ATS 3.6 RWD with FE3 magnetic ride
By m3nomore on 03/30/13 11:03 AM (PDT)

2013 Cadillac ATS Premium 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned two M3s and an S4 among other cars. But after test-driving the 3.6 ATS and comparing prices, the Caddy ATS won hands down for me. For handling, ride comfort, and braking, ATS beats the others. Yeah, M3 is quicker by .7 sec to 60 ... not a big deal unless you take your ride to the track every weekend. Mileage: 19mpg city, 29 highway(!), 24 combined so no complaints there especially as compared to M3. This car is a pleasure to drive with its great handling, and it feels good to have finally cut the cord to those overpriced Germans. CUE is not perfect but is far from a deal-breaker. Overall: this car is a winner and I have NO regrets with this purchase.

BMW Convert
By csrmax on 03/25/13 13:03 PM (PDT)

2013 Cadillac ATS Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Having owned several BMW's, I thought I'd never own any other brand(especially a Cadillac). When my last BMW's lease was up in Dec 2012, I looked at both the 535 and 335.... lease prices were insane! Additionally, I had a hard time telling the 3 from the 5 series, and interiors were blah! After reading several reviews of the ATS, I decided that a test drive wouldn't hurt, my expectations not being high, I was pleasantly surprised, and, frankly, somewhat stunned how well the ATS drove! After several more test drives(2.0T AWD vs. 3.6 AWD) I now an ATS in my garage!

Cadillac produces a WINNER!!!!
By golddog1 on 03/14/13 08:10 AM (PDT)

2013 Cadillac ATS Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I recently leased a Cadillac ATS and have been very pleased with this vehicle. 3.6 AWD has returned 21.4 mpg. The overall ride is very comfortable and composed. Plenty of power with the 3.6 and the brakes are stellar. The run-flat tires can be noisy but that depends on the pavement. Overall quietness is very good. The CUE system, for me, is extremely easy to use. Not sure why so many reviewers, including the experts, are having such a difficult time with it. Controls are all well laid out and easy to access. Overall, a comfortable, fun, technology packed vehicle that makes driving fun again.

+ and - of the ATS
By bullzeye on 03/07/13 23:20 PM (PST)

2013 Cadillac ATS Standard 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Fun car to drive, fast & great brakes. Clean ext design.Cue is nice but somewhat difficult & sometimes frustrating. They really forgot about leg room when designing back seats, Boo. Gas, Not really all that great 16.8mpg which is somewhat of a drag & that is driving calm, if u push it will be under 16 mpg's forsure I recommend 91 or even 93octane that ur best chance of having best MPG. My best has been 17.4 using 93 oct. Car tends to flutter when idle esp if 89 or lower octane gas. Overall like my car, yeah CUE update would be nice overall Good car.1st yr model always need tweeks Love my Bose speakers & the ride come on its a Caddy....and Pow is nice esp mid range no top end yet let u know.

THE RIGHT DIRECTION
By cjackson4 on 03/05/13 07:36 AM (PST)

2013 Cadillac ATS Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Iíve never seen myself as a Cadillac owner, but I must say I love this car. When I first looked into buying a new car, I compared it to the BMW, Mercedes and Audi. I wanted to get the most for my buck. After calculating price of car, maintenance, and fuel cost I easily ruled out Mercedes and Audi. The BMW drove very nice but the inside look was not appealing enough. Also, with gas prices going up I donít think it is wise to buy a car that requires PREMIUM gas. All this made my decision very easy. In the ATS I purchased the 2.5 4-cylinder. I am averaging around 25 mpg and most of my commute is in the city. I LOVE THIS CAR and I am truly happy I made this decision.

Impressive little car!
By mnharris on 02/25/13 22:42 PM (PST)

2013 Cadillac ATS Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have the full tilt 3.6 sedan. Had it nearly two months now and have no regrets! Car handles and drives amazing and still rides well. Cadillac did a good job overall!