Used 2013 Cadillac ATS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Cadillac Ats - Consumer Reviews

2013 Cadillac ATS Sedan

View reviews for a specific ATS model:

STUCK WITH A LEMON
By rzuff77

2013 Cadillac ATS Sedan Standard 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car has been a lemon since about 5k miles and very disappointed with my purchase. Around 10k miles performance was awful 0-60 in about 15 seconds and I kept taking it back and finally they decided to replace the turbo at 15k miles. Still has the same problem but also shift rough and has a hesitation issue no one at the dealer can replicate. I currently own 5 GM vehicles but it maybe time to thin out my stable or at least dump GM. The dealership has been downright rude and awful and 800 Cadillac service is joke. Never calls you back and wastes your time.

Favorite Features

Car handles and brakes nicely

Suggested Improvements

Reliability, Stock stereo is awful

BAD Steering and BAD Tires
By tp013

2013 Cadillac ATS Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my cadillac in March of 2013, 25,000 miles later I am now putting my third set of tires on. I have had nothing but problems with this care from the steering locking up, stalling up an hill I also on acceleration get a banging noise from under the hood. the glove compartment and trunk not closing to an annoying rattling sound coming from the steering wheel and speaker in back seat. This car is not worth buying and would not recommend it to anyone. Everytime it was brought back to the dealer nothing is wrong with it

Favorite Features

It does ride nice when the oil just gets changed when its past its half life it starts riding rough

Suggested Improvements

Start over, with the whole steering and tires

First Birthday
By topdeadcenter

2013 Cadillac ATS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Have had this car for a year now. This car is just plain fun to drive. My wife and I are very happy with or ATS

Favorite Features

power & hadling

Fantastic Sport Sedan
By jhatfie

2013 Cadillac ATS Sedan Performance 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

What a fantastic car Cadillac has made. I traded in my 2012 Audi A4 Prestige S-Line for my ATS and could not be happier. The A4 was a great car (with a few problems), but the ATS is just so much more willing to get thrown around and feels so much livelier and nimble. The 3.6L has plenty of grunt and thus far with about 3k miles, I am averaging almost 24mpg in mixed 50/50 driving, which is just under the what my Audi got but the ATS does not need premium fuel. The interior is top notch and CUE has been easy to figure out. So far I have had 0 issues. I was a little concerned giving Cadillac a try, but I am so glad I did!

Favorite Features

Handling is superb Exterior appearance LED light blades Comfortable seats

Suggested Improvements

Add some buttons to CUE More seat bolstering Suspension should be .75" lower (to much wheel gap) More power (321hp is nice, but it needs more) Lower MSRP to better compete with German brands Better tires on AWD model, the Michelin Primacy's are not that good.

Flat out best value in this segment
By tomfoolery2

2013 Cadillac ATS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I was hesitant to check out the American manufacturers and disappointed in Lincoln for sure (Chrystler doesn't even compete here). However, this car stood out as a giant slayer. I did exhaustive research and the ATS gives much more value per dollar than anything else out there. The equivalent German or Japanese cars cost significantly more. We're talking 20-30% more! At first I wanted to use my new gem sparingly but the more I drive it the more I find myself making excuses to go for a spin. Don't buy this car without the full CUE. Pony up and you won't regret it. Don't believe anyone who says CUE is unusable. I have had zero trouble.

Favorite Features

- CUE is a masterpiece, there are even three customizable LCD view panels within your gauges. - Comfortable seats. I'm 6'1" and 200lbs and I fit - Seat memory - Responsive turbo (no lag if you ask me) - Superb cornering and control - Quiet cabin - Hands-free phone calls are very clear, even to the party on the other end - OnStar app is awesome. I can communicate with my car from anywhere to lock, unlock, start, check vitals, etc. - No problem identifying thousands of songs on a USB flash drive. You music must be indexed properly though. - Voice controls are great. No training to do, it detects names in your phonebook automagically. - Proximity remote for entry and locking doors

Suggested Improvements

- Climate controls work but have some unintuitive lag. Certainly usable though. - Back seat leg room is tight. - City gas mileage is very bad on 2.0T AWD model. Might as well have gotten the V6. - Proximity/parking sensors are overly sensitive when car is very dirty (my fault I suppose). - Would be nice to have more wheel options. - 1-step behind Germans on gas mileage due to lack of 8-speed trans. - When you get on the accelerator, cabin temperature control goes out the window and you get blasted with hot air. Not a big deal, just a nag.