Used 2013 Cadillac ATS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Cadillac ATS Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific ATS model:

Awesome car
By Shawn Herman

2013 Cadillac ATS Sedan Standard 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The American Standard of Luxury not here.
By Elaine Mico

2013 Cadillac ATS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I leased a 2013 Cadillac ATS 4 door Sedan turbo, The car has been nothing but problems from the start. We are talking about the American standard for luxury vehicles, obviously this car is not. I am not going to completely trash the car because it does have some good points such as the handling, acceleration, interior looks as well as an appealing exterior, definitely a great looking vehicle. But the CUE system is inoperable while driving for fear of getting too distracted or frustrated and getting into an accident. The radio is useless it's always acquiring the HD signal so it sounds terrible, every once in a while it loses all the pre-set stations. I had front end problems since the begining of my lease, the car is in the shop every few months for different problems, already had about 7 recalls, There is absolutely no pleasure in driving this car. As I write this it is in the shop for noise vibrations on engine and rear. They called me and told me that there were loose screws on engine/door as far as the back vibration is concerned they said that all 4 rims are bent due to the potholes on roads. Now this definitely doesn't sound right, I can understand one rim possibly getting bent/damaged but not all four of them this leads me to believe that there is an apparent design/structural fault or that the materials used are too weak to support the weight of the vehicle. I have owned/leased well over 15 different vehicles during my life and never had a problem where I was told that the rims were bent/damaged. This ATS has been nothing but headaches since we got it and I must say that the dealership has been no help. When I last contacted the owner of the dealership he told me that I should call Cadillac/GMC directly and complain to them so let me get this straight you buy the car and after that they are done with you so now when you have a complaint or problem you have to contact the manufacturer yourself. What is the point in buying from a dealership when they are not there to help you, we may as well be allowed to buy directly from the manufacturer since ultimately they are the ones that you have to deal with. Lastly I must say that my experience with this vehicle has been nothing but frustrating and overall unpleasant, what is the point of having a car that you have absolutely no joy or pleasure in driving. I would be willing to possibly understand having so many problems if the car was used but for a brand new car it does not appear to be reasonable and at this point the car only has 27,000 miles practically still pretty new.

Cadillac and Crap start with "C"
By Howard C. Anderson

2013 Cadillac ATS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

GM stands behind their dealers, so the dealer takes the bullet. Purchased 2013 ATS, car is in shop on average of once every 8 weeks. 13+ items had to be fixed in 2 years. GM no longer has extended warranty, and they will not pay for extended warranty. GM will take NO RESPONSIBILITY for the poor quality. List of items and how many times they had to be fixed: QUE 4 times Sunroof 3 times Sterling wheel 2 times Drivers seat 2 times

2.0T 6A after 20K miles bought CPO at 8K miles
By Brian Armstrong

2013 Cadillac ATS Sedan Performance 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought the ATS 2.0T as a CPO from a local dealer. I paid 25K and I love the car. I always put in 92+ octane and have never gotten less than 25 mpg (miles driven/gallons pumped at empty- not cue's take on the same). The handling of this car is as car&driver and all other magazines have stated - Second to none in it's class. You feel connected to the road in a car that isn't a bloated overweight numb steering overpriced import. The trans does need work however, but in sport mode I have only minor complaints. I also have had zero problems since I bought it, and I now have 20K miles. Bottom line - If you're looking for a GREAT chassis, with sweet steering feel and acceleration take a test drive. I cross tested Audi A4, 3 series all the usual and the caddy fit my needs and likes much better than the others.

STUCK WITH A LEMON
By rzuff77

2013 Cadillac ATS Sedan Standard 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car has been a lemon since about 5k miles and very disappointed with my purchase. Around 10k miles performance was awful 0-60 in about 15 seconds and I kept taking it back and finally they decided to replace the turbo at 15k miles. Still has the same problem but also shift rough and has a hesitation issue no one at the dealer can replicate. I currently own 5 GM vehicles but it maybe time to thin out my stable or at least dump GM. The dealership has been downright rude and awful and 800 Cadillac service is joke. Never calls you back and wastes your time.

Car handles and brakes nicely

Reliability, Stock stereo is awful