2013 Cadillac ATS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific ATS model:
First Birthday
By topdeadcenter on 07/22/14 13:16 PM (PDT)

2013 Cadillac ATS Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Have had this car for a year now. This car is just plain fun to drive. My wife and I are very happy with or ATS

Fantastic Sport Sedan
By jhatfie on 07/12/14 00:10 AM (PDT)

2013 Cadillac ATS Performance 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

What a fantastic car Cadillac has made. I traded in my 2012 Audi A4 Prestige S-Line for my ATS and could not be happier. The A4 was a great car (with a few problems), but the ATS is just so much more willing to get thrown around and feels so much livelier and nimble. The 3.6L has plenty of grunt and thus far with about 3k miles, I am averaging almost 24mpg in mixed 50/50 driving, which is just under the what my Audi got but the ATS does not need premium fuel. The interior is top notch and CUE has been easy to figure out. So far I have had 0 issues. I was a little concerned giving Cadillac a try, but I am so glad I did!

Flat out best value in this segment
By tomfoolery2 on 03/05/14 11:51 AM (PST)

2013 Cadillac ATS Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I was hesitant to check out the American manufacturers and disappointed in Lincoln for sure (Chrystler doesn't even compete here). However, this car stood out as a giant slayer. I did exhaustive research and the ATS gives much more value per dollar than anything else out there. The equivalent German or Japanese cars cost significantly more. We're talking 20-30% more! At first I wanted to use my new gem sparingly but the more I drive it the more I find myself making excuses to go for a spin. Don't buy this car without the full CUE. Pony up and you won't regret it. Don't believe anyone who says CUE is unusable. I have had zero trouble.

Two ATS's Since Memorial day 2013
By unsatisfied27 on 02/21/14 14:22 PM (PST)

2013 Cadillac ATS Standard 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased a new 2013 ats on memorial day 2013 , i am on my second one now. the first one i had put 5509 miles on it the first 10 days i owned it. i took it back to the dealership in N.C and had a complaint that the steering wheel would get stuck while driving on the highway, they had the car for two weeks . could not find problem, did some computer updates as recommended from cadillac tech support. it continued to happen after they gave it back to me .finally had it towed back for the same problem. they gave me a new one, put 8700 miles on that one and i have an electrical problem center dash goes black. turns out there is a short in the radio and the ecm unit .

2013 ATS Base
By joeyfernando26 on 11/24/13 10:15 AM (PST)

2013 Cadillac ATS Standard 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I leased the 2013 ATS back in August 2013. After looking at the BMW 320i, Mercedes CLA, and Lexus IS250, I had fallen in love with the ATS when I test drove it. No, it's not the 2.0T or 3.6, but this little engine really is peppy once you step on the accelerator. The only complaint is that I never achieve the marketed MPG, I only get around 18 driving to and from work and school. Other than that, I LOVE this car!

remarkable car
By ls8 on 10/20/13 10:30 AM (PDT)

2013 Cadillac ATS Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Have the 2.0T with CUE, etc. Have been driving it in the city and have been very impressed, but drove it for first time in N Ga mtns this weekend and was amazed. Rather than fighting tight curves, it dives into them. Scary fast acceleration to pass with no lag or hesitation. Easy to pass someone on a two lane and look down and see that you are doing 100 all within a couple of seconds. CUE took about one day to get used to and now I wouldnt want to go back. Interior makes my previous BMW interior look like the 80's. Functionality and sound quality on the CUE stereo is outstanding.

Excellent First Effort by Cadillac!!!
By oshkosh49 on 08/13/13 18:10 PM (PDT)

2013 Cadillac ATS Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've had this car for a few weeks. And it's everything I was hoping it would be, and more. I've been reading for the past 30 years in Car & Driver and Motor Trend about how great the driving experience of the BMW 3-Series was. During all of that time I was hoping like crazy that either Cadillac or Lincoln would develop and produce a direct competitor to the German entry level sport sedans. Lincoln hasn't yet, Cadillac finally did. Kudos to GM for not dropping the development of this model during their bankruptcy. The ATS's handling and steering feedback is just amazing. The ride is what you SHOULD expect from a compact sport sedan. Hey, it's not your Grandpa's land yacht!!!

Cadillac ATS 2.5 troubles with rough idle
By dior97 on 08/12/13 16:33 PM (PDT)

2013 Cadillac ATS Standard 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have Cadillac ATS 2.5 4 cyl. that shakes, trembles during a routine stop lights during a stop. I have taken the vehicle to the dealer for software fix/updates but the problem is still there. . I"m very disappointed in this vehicle , in Cadillac and in GM. So much technology in the Cue, the radio but a vehicle that trembles and shakes is extremely annoying and gives The Cadillac ATS a sour tastes. so far, NO fix yet, NO response from Cadillac or GM. i will re post if update.

Just don't believe the MPG on the sticker..
By glenroebuck on 08/04/13 15:28 PM (PDT)

2013 Cadillac ATS Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The car pretty much sells itself after on test drive. I got the 2.0L Turbo AWD Luxury model with cold climate package (heated seats and steering wheel). Its' quick it handles great, it looks awesome an even the base model impresses. It is, quite simply, an amazing fun car to drive and it breaks out of the cookie cutter beemer world and lets me spend some of my money on a good ole usa car. I am 6 feet 260 and love the seats. my Salesman was 6'2" 250 and road in back and he was fine. I would not want to drive to florida back there but then given the mph on this thing I would not drive to florida with it..see improvements.

Trembling at Idle flaw
By dior97 on 07/28/13 19:02 PM (PDT)

2013 Cadillac ATS Standard 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have 2013 Cadillac with 800 miles. It trembles in idle during a red light for example .My dealer tried to fix with a software bulletin however it still has a minor trembling problem that is annoying and makes me wonder do i have a Cadillac or some cheap clunker. I can't believe that Cadillac is not aware or able to fix this flaw with the rough idle .This Cadillac Ats will not compete with Bmw , Audi with this problem. I think vehicle has awesome styling and does have a quiet ride but the trembling on idle give the whole car a bitter taste.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Cadillac ATS in VA is:

$180 per month*