Used 2013 Cadillac ATS Consumer Reviews - 31 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Cadillac ATS - Consumer Reviews

2013 Cadillac ATS

View reviews for a specific ATS model:

Tis thing is a blast to drive
By Steve M.

2013 Cadillac ATS Premium 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The ATS is really a fun to drive car. With the V6 it has plenty of power and with the trans in manual mode you can really wind it up through the gears. Handling is great, it really holds the road. I don't know why it is that GM puts summer only tires it sells in the north east. I had to replace them not long after I got it with all season, an extra expense. The one thing that I don't like about the car is the touch screen controls. You can't work the radio or climate controls by feel, you have to take your eyes off the road to make sure you hit the touch screen just right and sometimes that isn't easy. Over all I like the car and am enjoying it but I would say that it is not anything for a little old lady or anyone wanting a real cushy ride.

Great entry luxury sedan
By Jaime H

2013 Cadillac ATS Standard 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I am definitely on board with the Cadillac brand after this purchase. I have had the car for almost four months and loving every second of it. This car handles surprising well, even in rain I dont have to change the way I drive. Interior is great for the price tag. I can't say anything about the cue system, as mine does not have it, but I just connect my iPod to the USB port and leave it. So getting the touchscreen didn't appeal to me. The 2.0t engine is great. Having almost no turbo lag is great for hooning around backstreets. Transmission sometimes gets confused on when to shift when pushing the car hard, but manual shift gets rid of that.
If your in the market for a4s or BMW 3 series but are slightly to expensive,this car used is a great choice and beats out the europeans cars if you ask me.

Awesome car
By Shawn Herman

2013 Cadillac ATS Standard 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The American Standard of Luxury not here.
By Elaine Mico

2013 Cadillac ATS Luxury 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I leased a 2013 Cadillac ATS 4 door Sedan turbo, The car has been nothing but problems from the start.
We are talking about the American standard for luxury vehicles, obviously this car is not.
I am not going to completely trash the car because it does have some good points such as the handling, acceleration,
interior looks as well as an appealing exterior, definitely a great looking vehicle.
But the CUE system is inoperable while driving for fear of getting too distracted or frustrated and getting into an
accident. The radio is useless it's always acquiring the HD signal so it sounds terrible, every once in a while it loses
all the pre-set stations.

I had front end problems since the begining of my lease, the car is in the shop every few months for different problems,
already had about 7 recalls, There is absolutely no pleasure in driving this car.
As I write this it is in the shop for noise vibrations on engine and rear. They called me and told me that there were
loose screws on engine/door as far as the back vibration is concerned they said that all 4 rims are bent due to the
potholes on roads. Now this definitely doesn't sound right, I can understand one rim possibly getting bent/damaged but not
all four of them this leads me to believe that there is an apparent design/structural fault or that the materials used are
too weak to support the weight of the vehicle. I have owned/leased well over 15 different vehicles during my life and
never had a problem where I was told that the rims were bent/damaged.

This ATS has been nothing but headaches since we got it and I must say that the dealership has been no help.
When I last contacted the owner of the dealership he told me that I should call Cadillac/GMC directly and complain to them
so let me get this straight you buy the car and after that they are done with you so now when you have a complaint or
problem you have to contact the manufacturer yourself. What is the point in buying from a dealership when they are not
there to help you, we may as well be allowed to buy directly from the manufacturer since ultimately they are the ones that
you have to deal with.

Lastly I must say that my experience with this vehicle has been nothing but frustrating and overall unpleasant, what is
the point of having a car that you have absolutely no joy or pleasure in driving. I would be willing to possibly
understand having so many problems if the car was used but for a brand new car it does not appear to be reasonable and at
this point the car only has 27,000 miles practically still pretty new.

Cadillac and Crap start with "C"
By Howard C. Anderson

2013 Cadillac ATS Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

GM stands behind their dealers, so the dealer takes the bullet.
Purchased 2013 ATS, car is in shop on average of once every 8 weeks. 13+ items had to be fixed in 2 years. GM no longer has extended warranty, and they will not pay for extended warranty. GM will take NO RESPONSIBILITY for the poor quality. List of items and how many times they had to be fixed:
QUE 4 times