1993 Cadillac Allante Consumer Review: Extremely Comfortable Road Car

1993 Cadillac Allante - Consumer Review

Base Convertible (4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic)

Extremely Comfortable Road Car
By babylac89 on

1993 Cadillac Allante 2dr Convertible

When I first bought my Allante from the original owner it was strictly for the beauty. Cadillac has one of the best Pearl White paints on any vehicle. I was absolutely surprised at how smooth it was over the previous Allante's without the 295HP Northstar engine. The handling and the performance is unmatched. It's truly ashamed that just when Cadilac finally got it right, the Allante was done. I personally see it as a world class automobile, like the Mercedes SL and anything from Lexus or Infinity. Given more time, and with the Northstar engine, the Allante would have found it's true audience! But I am seriouly happy to own this piece of automotive history!

295 HP Northstar engine, Ride Control suspension handling, supple leather interior seats that make you feel like you're in a full-size Cadillac. Diamomond White Pearl paint job. Superior highway manners and passing gear. People love this car when they see it!

The fuel economy could have been better. For the amount of money that this car sold for brand new, it should have had a fully automatic covertible top. Getting the top up and down is still a chore I don't cherish.