1993 Cadillac Allante - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.6L V8 4-speed Automatic - (12 reviews )
new owner of 93 nstar
By cobalt23 on 08/30/13 04:03 AM (PDT)

1993 Cadillac Allante 2dr Convertible

Just joined in on the fun with everyone. Please will some one out there take moment to console me on HOW to properly work the convert top, at the moment I fold down I hear this horrible click noise that drives you crazy and the back rim bar gets stuck on the rear hook ? I think I need to fold top up close together before I drop down Help Thanks to all, otherwise just love my PININ

1993 Allante' It's like a bad drug!
By chargalant on 09/07/11 21:19 PM (PDT)

1993 Cadillac Allante 2dr Convertible

Have had mine since Jan/2001. I knew the 93 was special w/the Northstar system. It has always been a pleasure to drive...and I drive hard and agressive and the car takes it all and askes for more. Power, handeling matches a Corvette. Styling is and always will be timeless, thanks to Pinnin Farina. I am amazed how cheaply they're selling for these days. As much of a headache this car is, I'd have seller's remorse if I got rid of it. But the cost & frequency of repair has exceeded the amount I paid for this car. Quirks abound! Yet this car will get very collectible at some point. Just don't know when. But it's a Caddy w/Italian styling, power and it IS a roadster!

Oh how I love this car!
By Nancy Jazwa on 06/11/10 15:10 PM (PDT)

1993 Cadillac Allante 2dr Convertible

I ordered a brand new black 1990 and loved it! thought I would order a 1994 but when I learned "93" would be the last year I ordered the "Pearl Red" just like the Indy Pace car. I am a female that is a car nut. I wash my cars by hand and do excellent preventative maintenance on them. I have a second car for the last 10 years which has saved mileage on my "93". I have virtually no problems except the CD player no longer plays and a problem when I lock it from the inside passenger door upon re-entry with the key the alarm goes off so I get out and lock it and unlock using the key.

My Favorite Thing
By John Edwards on 02/17/10 12:42 PM (PST)

1993 Cadillac Allante 2dr Convertible

It is like a magic carpet ride. Performance is more than adequate and you will get many positive comments about its styling. With the current depressed pricing for this car, it is an excellent value for an occasionally used second or third car.

1993 Cadillac Allante
By Dan III on 09/11/09 18:12 PM (PDT)

1993 Cadillac Allante 2dr Convertible

The 1993 Allante is the finest car Cadillac has ever built. It is too bad they didn't keep the line going. The XLR is a nice care, but doesn't compare to the Allante. Cadillac build some prototypes of the 1994, which had a fully powered metal roof, similar to the XLR. The quality of the interior and the exterior is unmatched by "normal" American cars. The only negative for the car is the semi-manual convertible top, however if you put it up and down a lot, it gets simpler and easier. I have been asked several times while stopped at traffic lights- what is it and how much do I want for it. It is a real head turner.

Extremely Comfortable Road Car
By babylac89 on 06/27/09 19:00 PM (PDT)

1993 Cadillac Allante 2dr Convertible

When I first bought my Allante from the original owner it was strictly for the beauty. Cadillac has one of the best Pearl White paints on any vehicle. I was absolutely surprised at how smooth it was over the previous Allante's without the 295HP Northstar engine. The handling and the performance is unmatched. It's truly ashamed that just when Cadilac finally got it right, the Allante was done. I personally see it as a world class automobile, like the Mercedes SL and anything from Lexus or Infinity. Given more time, and with the Northstar engine, the Allante would have found it's true audience! But I am seriouly happy to own this piece of automotive history!

Allantes after 15 years
By Bill on 12/21/08 18:00 PM (PST)

1993 Cadillac Allante 2dr Convertible

I read all the reviews on these cars and don't understand why the wrong people buy them. These cars are in the same price range as the 500SL class and are not treated like them. The SL's are stored in heated garages and treated to the best of care by very high priced service personnel. Allante owners seem to want to treat these beautiful cars as a daily driver and neglect the proper service and care. If you think it is expensive to have the Northstar worked on check what the repairs cost on the 560SL. I now have my 4th Allante and will have 1 more if I can find one of the 1993 yellow ones. Best buy for the money anywhere.

Classic look, but impractical. BEWARE!
By goguidogo on 10/27/08 08:35 AM (PDT)

1993 Cadillac Allante 2dr Convertible

I hear that new parts for the Cadillac Allante body are out of production, and no plans are being made to produce more since so few Allantes were ever manufactured. If you buy an Allante and have any trouble with it in a wreck or with normal use, you may be out of luck when it comes to finding replacement parts for the body. The Allante is a classic beauty, but it was not a well-thought-out car. It is very impractical, and the interior pieces are of cheap plastic that do not withstand wear. The '93 Allante is the best one to own. Great power/performance! GM put the right powertrain and transaxle in it,but the car is overly-complicated and the computer systems are not reliable.

15 year old rocket!
By roadrunner on 09/11/08 19:24 PM (PDT)

1993 Cadillac Allante 2dr Convertible

This is my third allante. Owned a 93 in 94 and ex got that one. Then a 91 and finally again a 93. This is the only one to own if you enjoy performance. Earlier years were somewhat more reliable, but puny in performance. With nearly 300 horses at your command, you will surprise just about anyone thinking they can beat you. But, even better, is that this car was the flagship of Cadillac in 93 and earlier years. Body by PinaFarina of Italy and drive train from an Eldorado. It still has features that most cars don't and can stand up to just about anything you put up against it off the line. But, the Northstar engine has a number of issues that could cost you a bundle. Good ones are gre

Affordable cadillac style
By dabrajr1 on 04/02/08 12:25 PM (PDT)

1993 Cadillac Allante 2dr Convertible

I was looking for a used corvette when I found this car. First of all, a very nice one is hard to find and they only made 960 of these and 1993 was the only year for the northstar and the only year for the polo green color. Most people have never seen this car. Second, I would like to know where you can buy a Cadillac 2 seat convertible, like new, with 60K on it for 12K. This car cost over 62K and is an absolute blast to drive and turns heads everywhere I go. Not one problem with it after driven for 10K miles. If you can find one, buy it. I will never sell mine.