1991 Cadillac Allante Convertible - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.5L V8 4-speed Automatic - (9 reviews )
So far ... So Good
By rszymanski on 07/02/12 21:37 PM (PDT)

1991 Cadillac Allante Convertible 2dr Convertible

I picked up a red ’91 Allante 1 month ago. Beautiful vehicle! Tranny slips but I knew that going in. Simply going thru the gears manually solves this issue. The exterior is stunning without being gaudy and the car still turns heads at stop signs/lights and parking lots. Driving it sparingly over the last few weeks, I find the car accelerates much better than expected but subsequently delivers less MPG than I had anticipated. I am loving this Allante!

Great bang for buck
By john on 12/22/09 18:00 PM (PST)

1991 Cadillac Allante Convertible 2dr Convertible

Love this car because it rides like a cadillac,has a hugh trunk and not bad on gas.It's the 1st convertible i owned that i feel really good behind the wheel, not all crammed in a little box.Great bang for the buck

Love this car!
By Bill on 08/09/07 22:57 PM (PDT)

1991 Cadillac Allante Convertible 2dr Convertible

I purchased this car in 1997. I have pampered it, and it has met all expectations. It is a very advanced car for its year. People in traffic want to know about it. People at the gas station want to know about it. The only flaw from the factory was a slight - you can only find it if you know where to look- imperfection in the paint. I am sure that rubbing compound will remove it. Other than that, it is a terrific automobile.

Beautiful lemon
By cbboyle on 07/12/07 21:02 PM (PDT)

1991 Cadillac Allante Convertible 2dr Convertible

I'd always loved the look of this car, and finally got a very well preserved one. That was the beginning of my trouble. It was a money pit, and I finally got rid of it at a horrible loss, after endless major repair bills. The mechanics were never able to get the suspension right, to my thinking, and too much time was spent in the shop (and far too much money). The ride was too harsh (ever after replacing all four computer controlled shocks w/ OEM parts at terrific expense). This pretty much scared me off Cadillac for life. My Vette rode better, and got better mileage.

Excellent car for the well informed
By GFattore on 09/07/05 17:43 PM (PDT)

1991 Cadillac Allante Convertible 2dr Convertible

Series II (1990.5 -1992) Allantes are the best value in a semi-exotic in the market. The Recaro seats have firm support and are not appreciated by the heavy-bummed gold-chained set. The handling improves dramatically by the fitment of contemporary tires and better brake pads. Fit and finish are exemplary. Make sure you bleed the Teves brake system annually. No Northstar, but much better interior materials than the '93 version. This is a very under-rated car and reliable if mundane Cadillac drivetrain. Buy one for the price of a used Ford, and enjoy the ride. Upgrade of sound system is mandatory.

great cadillac
By joewoz on 08/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Cadillac Allante Convertible 2dr Convertible

I love this car,you just have to work the top right and than you have a great car!

Good try, Cadillac
By AllanteLover on 12/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Cadillac Allante Convertible 2dr Convertible

I really like my Caddy. The car has had it's problems with the conv. top, but nothing that couldn't be fixed. The only problem I have with the car is the seats. The seats seem a little too stiff for me but I get used to them. This car is a major head turner and their aren't a lot out there anymore. It's my baby I never had.

Best Cadillac ever built
By Dennis Garrity on 12/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Cadillac Allante Convertible 2dr Convertible

This is a high performance two seater that will blow the socks off all the competition. The manual convertible top takes getting used to but is a snap once you know it. In fact I can have it up and down faster than most automatic tops. The Pinafarina coach work is exceptional.

too small
By garg on 09/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Cadillac Allante Convertible 2dr Convertible

convertible top is incredible complex and unsafe to use. car is way too small for 3500 pounds