Used 1990 Cadillac Allante Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Cadillac Allante Convertible - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.5L V8 4-speed Automatic - (6 reviews )

You should know...
By craigster

1990 Cadillac Allante Convertible 2dr Convertible

Besides being an obsolete car and no longer supported by GM for many parts, my Allante was not very good. Until the Northstar engine, in the last model year, the performance was very weak for a V8. It has consistent and continuing problems with its electrical and braking systems (anti-lock accumulator). When I did need a part (like a key which was previously mentioned by another owner) it was hard to get as well. As many have said, I loved the look of this car and thought it would be a collectible - but it is not. It is basically an orphaned model which GM would rather forget they ever made. So I am now trying to unload it but with little success. Just some words to the wise, folks.

Looks

Not that it matters anymore but the manual roof it awful, anti-lock brake system, electrical shorts and more power would have been nice

Great Cruiser
By RandyMan

1990 Cadillac Allante Convertible 2dr Convertible

A wonderful Sunday cruiser. You really appreciate this vehicle on the highway, comfortable for over 6 footers and good mileage too! It's a steal for a rare, unique convertible.

The Driver Info Center is advanced for the time. The exterior is classic Pinifarina and holds up well with age.

The car needs cup holders and a simpler top, but that's the way it is.

Fun Cadillac
By DAMON

1990 Cadillac Allante Convertible 2dr Convertible

The Allante is a unique car and a lot of fun to drive. The Italian body is timeless and looks just as good today as it did 15 years ago. The car needs to pampered, yet I drive my almost every day. Not unusual to get over 21 mpg in combination of highway and city driving.

All the electronics, and built in fog lamps. This car does everything but talk to you.

My Dream Car
By Blue Skies

1990 Cadillac Allante Convertible 2dr Convertible

I remember seeing an Allante several year's ago, "What was that?" it made my head turn. 7 years later I could afford to buy my dream car at a Kia dealer with brand new cars selling for $8K. Who would buy a 10 year old car for $16K? Ha! No one knew a diamond in the rough! All the bells and whistles in a convertible disquised under the hard top! With a 3 year warranty it's been worth every penny on a sunny Seattle day (yes, rain too!) I've now extended the warranty for another two more years! How many cars out there can have such luxury/affordability as a teenager of 13? I'm contemplating selling it, but every time I look around nothing can compare!

Hard top (great for winter rains), Bose stereo, V8 with excellent gas mileage (total oxymoron!) Outside temperature, HUGE trunk! It's a beatiful ROADSTER! Designed by Pinnafarina!

Must bend over to fill gas tank (super unleaded), no cup holder...for Seattlite coffee drinker? After market cup holder $100! $32 for an ignition key? (chip) Ouch! Cha-ching! Get warranty!

Allante
By hansmyburgh

1990 Cadillac Allante Convertible 2dr Convertible

great car fun to drive and so pretty. I would not trade for any other car

fun