Luxury and sport in a tidy package.
By normsky on
2013 Buick Verano Premium Group 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
The Verano is a delight to drive with the radio off and the climate control turn down low. When on the phone using Bluetooth most don't know I am in the car on the highway. The laminated front glass areas do a great job of eliminating wind noise as most manufacturer wouldn't do. The ride is smooth and quiet yet sporty when you need it. The steering is very quick to response and it matches the responsiveness of the brakes. Highway fuel economy exceeds EPA estimates even with AC blasting. The seats are great on long trips as the foam density is about the best I have recently experienced, yet hugging you for a sporty feel.
Favorite Features
Parking sensors along with back camera work very well. I wouldn't have thought I would like them including the blind spot monitor. The manual transmission is smooth shifting and precise. Clutch pedal is very light and the engagement is easy in heavy traffic. I love the Luxo Blue with Chocacino brown interior is very rich. The interior material are plush with no hard spots to bump your elbows. The NAV works great and is easy to read. I run Slacker Radio of the cell phone along with Waze and all the prompts come over the car speakers. Blue interior lights from the door pull shining down into the door map pocket scream luxury. Nice 36" open when rear seats are down
Suggested Improvements
The rear seating area can get a little warm and should have rear upper vents for better cooling. Maybe a lighter wheel as it does thump over some bumps but the seats don't transmit the impacts. The head light projector beams could be better as my new Buick Encore are better but they appear to be physically the same. Ceiling map lights blind at night unlike my Saab.