Used 2013 Buick Verano Leather Group Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Buick Verano - Consumer Reviews

2013 Buick Verano Sedan

View reviews for a specific Verano model:

We LOVE this car!
By sclose

2013 Buick Verano Sedan Leather Group 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We purchase a new Verano with the Leather Group package and some additional options. It has ALL the bells and whistles except the turbo (which I didn't want). The base engine has more than sufficient power, the six speed transmission shifts super smoothly, the handling is outstanding, and this is the quietest car we have ever riden in! The Bose music system is incredible! The rear seat handles our 6' 2" grandson perfectly with plenty of leg and head room. On our last 200 mile trip through the Sierras and Feather River Canyon we got an incredible 34.5 mpg! After months of research and test driving MANY cars, we made the right choice! And it's a looker too!

Favorite Features

The Handling is outstanding! Bose music system is great. Excellent MPG! Love the 5 Star safety rating and it's a top Safety pick by JD Powers. The Smooth shifting 6 speed automatic transmission is impressive. This is a Very Quiet car! It is a very rich looking car as well!

Suggested Improvements

The ergonomics of the center console could use some adjustment but that is a personal taste thing. Buick is going to be upgrading the electrically adjustable seats soon. They should have electric adjustments for the seat back (although they are easy to adjust manually) and the driver seat should have a two driver memory setting. These are just small things. Overall, the car is a winner!!

Update of 7/13/13 review
By ohheck

2013 Buick Verano Sedan Leather Group 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

A new problem since my review. 3 blocks from my dealer, the Climate Control quit blowing cold air and started pumping out high heat like the heater was on. I pulled into the dealer, the Service Adviser acknowledged the problem as did the Service Mgr. The S/A got the cold air working again, so I pulled out of the dealership and the cold air quit again. I returned and the dealer put me in a loaner and said they would call later that day. When they did, the S/A told me that the mechanic couldn't get the Climate Control to fail, so nothing was wrong. I do not recommend the Verano to anyone and will return to buying foreign as soon as my short term lease is up. Enough is enough.

Favorite Features

Quietness and Comfort

Suggested Improvements

Better reliability

Great but with flaws
By ohheck

2013 Buick Verano Sedan Leather Group 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Overall, I really like my 2013 Verano Leather Group. However, it's not all roses. My main objective was to find a quiet, comfortable car with decent mpg. The Verano does this well. However, I have issues that really detract from my driving enjoyment. They are: very harsh downshifts from the automatic transmission. The Bluetooth randomly changes from English to French and loses my Contacts list. The XM radio changes channels by itself. I turn off the car with the station tuned to one channel, only to find it tuned to the Preview channel #1 upon restarting the car. According to the dealer, no trouble found. I won't return to GM after my 2 year lease is up.

Favorite Features

Styling Comfort Quiteness

Suggested Improvements

Improve the transmission downshifts Improve the quality of the Nav/radio

2013 Buick Verano - Leather Group - Mocha Bronze
By crunch97

2013 Buick Verano Sedan Leather Group 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

After reaching 240,000 miles on my 2000 Chevy Silverado, I finally decided that I would move on to another car. I had many vehicles I could choose from, and I really liked my daughters new Chevy Cruze, but after several drives of more than 300 miles, the seats were just not cutting it for me. After many test drives, and anguish over options, I finally chose the Buick Verano for my daily 32 miles each way trip to work. It has not dissapoionted as long as I remember to evaluated the car for what it is. It has plenty of room and easy to drive, while I noticed the some had made comments about the noise, I find that one of the nicest features and get many comments on how quiet the car is.

Favorite Features

I love the seats. Very comfortable Easy access for a small car. I have the Navigation System, and it is very easy to use and very handy, especially using the MapQuest send route feature. I also lover the cross traffic feature in reverse. I live in TX and park around many pickups, so it is very nice to know when a car is coming, and this feature helps a great deal. The Blind Spot Monitoring is also very nice. Sunroof is very awesome - and used frequently Bose Stereo system again is awesome. Ok, I really like this car a lot. I miss my truck, but for commuting back and for 64 miles a day. This is an awesome car.

Suggested Improvements

Two things I would change. There are no passenger side electric seats. Cmon. I spend this much money on a compact car and you can't put electric passenger seats in the thing...it isn't rocket science. Maybe it is me, but sometimes I just want to turn off the Navigation System, not the whole system. I don't need it all the time. And there is no defaults you can set the system to come up to. Just because I used the Navigation system on my last trip, doesn't mean I want it to start for the next five starts. Maybe, I just want to listed to the radio and see what is playing. Probably just me though.