Used 2013 Buick Verano Leather Group Sedan Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Buick Verano Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2013 Buick Verano Sedan

View reviews for a specific Verano model:

Don't Get 18" Wheel / Tire Package - Many Blowouts
By WatsonBryant

2013 Buick Verano Sedan Leather Group 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Power from 4cyl engine is semi-good...interior is nice and Buick has upgraded the car significantly from the Chevy Cruze - design, details, interior. CAUTION! DO NOT GET THE 18" WHEELS / CONTINENTAL P235/45R18 PACKAGE!! EASY TIRE BLOWOUTS and tires are ruined (sidewall damage) and not repairable...have to replace at $190 per tire / per time...an average pot hole or minor bump can unbelievably ruin a tire...this combo of low aspect wheel and tire on a Verano may LOOK good, but totally unusable on real world roads. I've blown 2 front tires in 6.300 miles - I know another Verano owner with same wheels / tires that has blown 3 of these tires in 31,000 miles...and Continental is no help! Shame on Buick engineers for allowing this tire / wheel package out on the road! If you are getting a Verano - go for standard 17" wheels and higher aspect tires - should work better.

Buick Verano great car
By Brent Davis

2013 Buick Verano Sedan Leather Group 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The Buick Verano is one of GM’s more affordable luxury cars with a base price of $20,000. This Buick attracts a lot of younger people that want luxury car features at an affordable price. The Verano is a sporty car, but also a great family vehicle. The upgraded package can includes leather heated seats, a 9 speaker Bose audio system, heated steering wheel, electric seats, rear backup camera and a push to start ignition. While the basic package is well-received, the upgrades are worth the extra money. These upgrades can bring the price to over $25,000.
The 2013 Buick Verano comes with two different engine sizes. The base engine is a 4 cylinder 2.4 L able to produce 180 horsepower at 6,700 RPM’s. For a sportier feel the upgraded engine is a 4 cylinder 2.0 L with a turbo for and extra boost of 250 horsepower at 5,300 RPM’s. With a base engine, I noticed that you barley have to hit the gas for the engine to get up in speed. The Verano only comes with a 6 speed automatic transmission that shifts very smoothly through gears. Even know you might think the smaller the engine the better gas mileage, this isn’t true. Buick has put an eco-friendly engine in the Verano. Both models come with a fuel tank capacity size of 15.6 gallons. The fuel economy is rated at 21 miles per gallon in the city and 30 to 32 miles per gallon on the highway. I drive 30 miles round trip 6 days out of the week and have noticed excellent gas mileage.
Safety and security features are another great aspect of this car. The Buick Verano includes a driver and passenger airbags. There are also rear side-impact airbags and overhead airbags, for a total of 10, that make passengers feel safe in case of an accident or if the car was to roll over. Other people may wonder if the Verano is secure in weather related conditions. I would say yes, because it is equipped with traction control, ABS brakes and break assist. The Verano is front wheel drive which helps in snow because the weight of the engine is in the front pushing the tires down to grip the surface. In a crash test, the Verano tested 5 out of 5 stars for its excellent safety features. The car also comes with security features such as a panic alarm, 4 door locks and immobilizer which will prevent the wrong key from going in the ignition to keep thieves away from stealing the vehicle.
Safety, security and high tech features are why I would suggest a Buick Verano to anyone that is looking for a reliable car to get them to point A and B and back. The only con I had with this car is its limited backseat room which is not that big of a problem. Overall I would rate the 2013 Buick Verano an 8 out of 10 stars.

We LOVE this car!
By sclose

2013 Buick Verano Sedan Leather Group 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We purchase a new Verano with the Leather Group package and some additional options.
It has ALL the bells and whistles except the turbo (which I didn't want).
The base engine has more than sufficient power, the six speed transmission shifts super smoothly, the handling is outstanding, and this is the quietest car we have ever riden in!
The Bose music system is incredible!
The rear seat handles our 6' 2" grandson perfectly with plenty of leg and head room. On our last 200 mile trip through the Sierras and Feather River Canyon we got an incredible 34.5 mpg!
After months of research and test driving MANY cars, we made the right choice!
And it's a looker too!

Update of 7/13/13 review
By ohheck

2013 Buick Verano Sedan Leather Group 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

A new problem since my review. 3 blocks from my dealer, the Climate Control quit blowing cold air and started pumping out high heat like the heater was on.
I pulled into the dealer, the Service Adviser acknowledged the problem as did the Service Mgr.
The S/A got the cold air working again, so I pulled out of the dealership and the cold air quit again. I returned and the dealer put me in a loaner and said they would call later that day. When they did, the S/A told me that the mechanic couldn't get the Climate Control to fail, so nothing was wrong.
I do not recommend the Verano to anyone and will return to buying foreign as soon as my short term lease is up.
Enough is enough.

Quietness and Comfort

Better reliability

Great but with flaws
By ohheck

2013 Buick Verano Sedan Leather Group 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Overall, I really like my 2013 Verano Leather Group.
However, it's not all roses.
My main objective was to find a quiet, comfortable car with decent mpg.
The Verano does this well.
However, I have issues that really detract from my driving enjoyment.
They are:
very harsh downshifts from the automatic transmission.
The Bluetooth randomly changes from English to French and loses my Contacts list.
The XM radio changes channels by itself.
I turn off the car with the station tuned to one channel, only to find it tuned to the Preview channel #1 upon restarting the car.
According to the dealer, no trouble found.
I won't return to GM after my 2 year lease is up.