Used 2013 Buick Verano Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Buick Verano - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Verano model:

Quiet, nice, comfortable
By dbkfounder

2013 Buick Verano 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have had the Verano for two years now, and have put approximately 30,000 miles. Never had a single issue. The MPG is as it is stated in the sticker, get 32 mpg on highway 70 mph. The exterior design is elegant, quality is excellent. The seats are very comfortable, and you can't find a quieter car in this size. If your do a lot of highway driving, and gas & comfort is essential, you can't go wrong with this car.

Quiet, comfortable, good quality

I don't spend anytime in the backseat, but I heard they are not comfortable. The city MPG could be better.

Can't beat the value on this luxury car
By jazh

2013 Buick Verano Premium Group 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Never thought I would own a Buick but after test driving midsize after midsize and finding significant issues with each one, I decided to try this car after reading the positive reviews. After 5 minutes in the turbo, I knew this was going to be the one. All of the bells and whistles on a turbo sedan for less than $30K out the door is just a phenomenal deal. You really have to try hard to find even minor issues on this car. Limited rear leg room is not an issue for me.

Turbo engine Premium Stereo Voice command controls everything Rear Cross Traffic Alert System is awesome Premium black paint is beautiful Seats are very comfortable (I am 6'4") Ride is comfortable and ridiculously quiet. Did I mention that this thing is fast, fast, fast

- Make the seat fully powered. Currently the recline function is manual. - Passenger seat is not powered at all (Buick really cheaped out on that) - Trunk needs to be a little larger

We LOVE this car!
By sclose

2013 Buick Verano Leather Group 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We purchase a new Verano with the Leather Group package and some additional options. It has ALL the bells and whistles except the turbo (which I didn't want). The base engine has more than sufficient power, the six speed transmission shifts super smoothly, the handling is outstanding, and this is the quietest car we have ever riden in! The Bose music system is incredible! The rear seat handles our 6' 2" grandson perfectly with plenty of leg and head room. On our last 200 mile trip through the Sierras and Feather River Canyon we got an incredible 34.5 mpg! After months of research and test driving MANY cars, we made the right choice! And it's a looker too!

The Handling is outstanding! Bose music system is great. Excellent MPG! Love the 5 Star safety rating and it's a top Safety pick by JD Powers. The Smooth shifting 6 speed automatic transmission is impressive. This is a Very Quiet car! It is a very rich looking car as well!

The ergonomics of the center console could use some adjustment but that is a personal taste thing. Buick is going to be upgrading the electrically adjustable seats soon. They should have electric adjustments for the seat back (although they are easy to adjust manually) and the driver seat should have a two driver memory setting. These are just small things. Overall, the car is a winner!!

Tacky fuel-guzzler; not what I expected
By bigbaddave

2013 Buick Verano 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We already have an Enclave, which we like, so when my wife's old Cavalier was damaged in a crash we didn't hesitate to go for the Verano. And what a mistake that was. Like the Enclave the Verano is a heavy auto for its size that guzzles fuel and unlike the Enclave, it doesn't make up for it in other ways. The dashboard knobs feel cheap and require more effort to press than the Enclave. The green-white information screen looks like a two-tone video game from the 1980s. The engine sounds like a lawnmower. I test drove the version with the more powerful engine and didn't notice much difference. The view from the back isn't great. I must say this vehicle is a real disappointment.

The seats aren't that bad and the sound system is excellent. There is room for lots of luggage. A tall person can sit in the back without too much discomfort. The doors shut with a satisfying thud.

Improve the fuel economy, perhaps by cutting the weight of the car. Make the dashboard display more up to date and less basic. Remove the raft of ugly soft knobs on the dashboard and make them easier to press. Right now you have to exert quite some force.

Verano vs. Semi = Verano WIN!
By momsdword

2013 Buick Verano 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My husband absolutely loved his 2013 Verano. It was his "baby". Sadly, it was recently hit by a Semi truck on the freeway (Semi driver's fault). My husband is undergoing neck, back and shoulder treatments, but he walked away from this accident. The Verano did its job of protecting him. The car was totaled all the way around it, but the passenger compartment stayed in tact, airbags deployed as they were supposed to and all the exterior safety features did their job so that the most important possession inside the car (my husband) was protected. We are very impressed with the Verano and cannot say enough about this wonderful car. So grateful to it and to God for protecting my husband!

Safety features protected driver from a high-speed impact by a Semi Truck. Also, we loved the Onstar! Onstar was on the line immediately after the accident. This was crucial because my husband's cell phone had been tossed elsewhere in the car during the accident (the phone had originally been clipped onto his belt!). Onstar then contacted emergency responders and then contacted ME! I was able to speak with my husband until the paramedics took him to the hospital. It was a great comfort to me. Also, my husband really loved the bluetooth feature. Because of this feature, he "talked" to his car all the time, and it felt like the car was his friend, taking good care of him.

Could used just a bit more leg room in the back seat. Othewise, it's great as it is!