2013 Buick Verano - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Verano model:
Quiet, nice, comfortable
By dbkfounder on 11/11/14 06:58 AM (PST)

2013 Buick Verano 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have had the Verano for two years now, and have put approximately 30,000 miles. Never had a single issue. The MPG is as it is stated in the sticker, get 32 mpg on highway 70 mph. The exterior design is elegant, quality is excellent. The seats are very comfortable, and you can't find a quieter car in this size. If your do a lot of highway driving, and gas & comfort is essential, you can't go wrong with this car.

Can't beat the value on this luxury car
By jazh on 07/20/14 08:03 AM (PDT)

2013 Buick Verano Premium Group 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Never thought I would own a Buick but after test driving midsize after midsize and finding significant issues with each one, I decided to try this car after reading the positive reviews. After 5 minutes in the turbo, I knew this was going to be the one. All of the bells and whistles on a turbo sedan for less than $30K out the door is just a phenomenal deal. You really have to try hard to find even minor issues on this car. Limited rear leg room is not an issue for me.

We LOVE this car!
By sclose on 06/08/14 06:28 AM (PDT)

2013 Buick Verano Leather Group 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We purchase a new Verano with the Leather Group package and some additional options. It has ALL the bells and whistles except the turbo (which I didn't want). The base engine has more than sufficient power, the six speed transmission shifts super smoothly, the handling is outstanding, and this is the quietest car we have ever riden in! The Bose music system is incredible! The rear seat handles our 6' 2" grandson perfectly with plenty of leg and head room. On our last 200 mile trip through the Sierras and Feather River Canyon we got an incredible 34.5 mpg! After months of research and test driving MANY cars, we made the right choice! And it's a looker too!

Tacky fuel-guzzler; not what I expected
By bigbaddave on 03/12/14 07:21 AM (PDT)

2013 Buick Verano 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We already have an Enclave, which we like, so when my wife's old Cavalier was damaged in a crash we didn't hesitate to go for the Verano. And what a mistake that was. Like the Enclave the Verano is a heavy auto for its size that guzzles fuel and unlike the Enclave, it doesn't make up for it in other ways. The dashboard knobs feel cheap and require more effort to press than the Enclave. The green-white information screen looks like a two-tone video game from the 1980s. The engine sounds like a lawnmower. I test drove the version with the more powerful engine and didn't notice much difference. The view from the back isn't great. I must say this vehicle is a real disappointment.

Verano vs. Semi = Verano WIN!
By momsdword on 02/19/14 15:04 PM (PST)

2013 Buick Verano 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My husband absolutely loved his 2013 Verano. It was his "baby". Sadly, it was recently hit by a Semi truck on the freeway (Semi driver's fault). My husband is undergoing neck, back and shoulder treatments, but he walked away from this accident. The Verano did its job of protecting him. The car was totaled all the way around it, but the passenger compartment stayed in tact, airbags deployed as they were supposed to and all the exterior safety features did their job so that the most important possession inside the car (my husband) was protected. We are very impressed with the Verano and cannot say enough about this wonderful car. So grateful to it and to God for protecting my husband!

2013 Verano - very nice luxury compact!
By lrinnc on 01/24/14 06:59 AM (PST)

2013 Buick Verano 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I've had many small to medium sedans, but this time I wanted a domestic near-luxury compact instead of expensive foreign makes or the usual mid-sized choices. The Verano fit the bill perfectly. Tasteful two-tone interior, understated exterior styling, and perfect size for an empty-nester or young professional. The base motor is only average in terms of power and MPG, but the overall goodness of the car for the price is undeniable. The well-equipped base model seems to be the best value, if you can do without the Convenience or Leather packages.

Luxury and sport in a tidy package.
By normsky on 08/17/13 05:23 AM (PDT)

2013 Buick Verano Premium Group 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The Verano is a delight to drive with the radio off and the climate control turn down low. When on the phone using Bluetooth most don't know I am in the car on the highway. The laminated front glass areas do a great job of eliminating wind noise as most manufacturer wouldn't do. The ride is smooth and quiet yet sporty when you need it. The steering is very quick to response and it matches the responsiveness of the brakes. Highway fuel economy exceeds EPA estimates even with AC blasting. The seats are great on long trips as the foam density is about the best I have recently experienced, yet hugging you for a sporty feel.

Nice upgrade from previous vehicle
By sociallygifted on 08/13/13 15:56 PM (PDT)

2013 Buick Verano Convenience Group 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

In all I truly enjoy the bells and whistles that Buick has established for my age group 35-40 yr old. I wanted to support america this go around and decided to purchase from an American car maker. Who knows the roads better than the soil that the cars are being manufactured. I'm glad that I've purchased this vehicle! For the price point compared to other vehicle options, I don't believe that you will be disappointed.

Update of 7/13/13 review
By ohheck on 07/24/13 08:20 AM (PDT)

2013 Buick Verano Leather Group 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

A new problem since my review. 3 blocks from my dealer, the Climate Control quit blowing cold air and started pumping out high heat like the heater was on. I pulled into the dealer, the Service Adviser acknowledged the problem as did the Service Mgr. The S/A got the cold air working again, so I pulled out of the dealership and the cold air quit again. I returned and the dealer put me in a loaner and said they would call later that day. When they did, the S/A told me that the mechanic couldn't get the Climate Control to fail, so nothing was wrong. I do not recommend the Verano to anyone and will return to buying foreign as soon as my short term lease is up. Enough is enough.

interior noise
By wmhgh on 07/16/13 18:29 PM (PDT)

2013 Buick Verano 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I thought "Luxury" meant quiet. The road noise is unbearable. I took it back to the dealer and they had me drive another one. Same thing. It sounds like you're driving with the door half open. Very disabbointing

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Buick Verano in VA is:

$149 per month*