Breaking It In
By jes421 on
2012 Buick Verano Leather Group 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
I traded my beloved '08 Saturn Aura XR for a beautifully loaded Verano 1SL about a week ago & I am more than pleased. Today I took her out for a 481 mile daylong road trip that got me 33.3 MPG and that's just the beginning. The smoothness & quietness of the ride alone could take up another column. The 2.4L DOHC has not been lacking in power & has surprisingly proven itself more than capable both in city & on the hwy. This Verano is beautifully built inside & out from the flowing lines & curves of the body to the thoughtful comfort & design of the interior. Buick did this one right. I had originally wanted a LaCrosse & thought that the Verano would be a major step down. I was wrong.
Favorite Features
The remote start is a nice feature as is locking the doors by placing your thumb on the little square on the outside door handle. (As long as you have the key fob on you. Try it!) The touch screen & navigation is intuitive and the Bose 9-speaker sound system is incredible. The heated steering wheel has been used a couple of times already & the rear defroster activates when the car starts & it's 45* or colder outside. The interior is called Choccachino. I don't know what that is. But it works & I like it. Oh...and Thank You, SiriusXM. You make those long trips bearable. I can also check the weather/forecast of where I live or where I'm at at the moment.
Suggested Improvements
Towards the end of my road trip I was squirming in the driver's seat quite a bit trying to get comfortable. The front end needs to be able to lower to the floor as opposed to raising the back to make the seat level. By the time I got comfortable my head was touching the roof. I've read other reviews complaining about the lack of power with the 2.4L engine. I can honestly say that I've had no problem accelerating, merging or passing.