Used 2012 Buick Verano Leather Group Sedan Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Buick Verano Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2012 Buick Verano Sedan

View reviews for a specific Verano model:

Wonderful Car
By Nathan Shanks

2012 Buick Verano Sedan Leather Group 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We purchased this car brand new from GM. It had 3 miles when we purchased and now have 26k on it. We have had 2 oil changes 0 maintenance cost otherwise. We take it in when the oil change indicator goes off. The car is reliable, quiet, and has held up very well. The build quality is one of the best cars I have owned. My wife drives it every day and enjoys every aspect. I would recommended this car to anybody. This is the lowest cost of maintenance vehicle I have ever owned and one of the most well built for the price range possible.

Nice car with a few disappointments
By Dennis Lovejoy

2012 Buick Verano Sedan Leather Group 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

There are 42,000 miles on the car. It's comfortable, very quiet, handles well, and seem to be very solid! Minor complaints are that it had a defective battery, black soot discolors the white car around the tailpipe, and the ventilation system emits a bad odor whenever it rains or the humidity is high. The Buick dealership has the car now to fix the ventilation system. If they can't fix it, it's so bad, we'll get rid of the car.

The quiet, comfortable ride with a solid handling car. Also like the electronics inside the car with the radio and OnStar.

Fix the a/c and ventilation system so that it doesn't smell bad.

defroster vent stays open
By larrylp

2012 Buick Verano Sedan Leather Group 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Condensation builds up on the exterior
front window when running the air conditioner.
The dealer said this was because the defroster vent NEVER completley
closes allowing cold air to exit. In certain temperature/humidity
condensation forms.
The windshield
wiper must be run to allow visibility.
Dealer states designed that way.
No fix

Breaking It In
By jes421

2012 Buick Verano Sedan Leather Group 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I traded my beloved '08 Saturn Aura XR for a beautifully loaded Verano 1SL about a week ago & I am more than pleased. Today I took her out for a 481 mile daylong road trip that got me 33.3 MPG and that's just the beginning. The smoothness & quietness of the ride alone could take up another column. The 2.4L DOHC has not been lacking in power & has surprisingly proven itself more than capable both in city & on the hwy. This Verano is beautifully built inside & out from the flowing lines & curves of the body to the thoughtful comfort & design of the interior. Buick did this one right. I had originally wanted a LaCrosse & thought that the Verano would be a major step down. I was wrong.

The remote start is a nice feature as is locking the doors by placing your thumb on the little square on the outside door handle. (As long as you have the key fob on you. Try it!) The touch screen & navigation is intuitive and the Bose 9-speaker sound system is incredible. The heated steering wheel has been used a couple of times already & the rear defroster activates when the car starts & it's 45* or colder outside. The interior is called Choccachino. I don't know what that is. But it works & I like it. Oh...and Thank You, SiriusXM. You make those long trips bearable. I can also check the weather/forecast of where I live or where I'm at at the moment.

Towards the end of my road trip I was squirming in the driver's seat quite a bit trying to get comfortable. The front end needs to be able to lower to the floor as opposed to raising the back to make the seat level. By the time I got comfortable my head was touching the roof. I've read other reviews complaining about the lack of power with the 2.4L engine. I can honestly say that I've had no problem accelerating, merging or passing.

Love it so much im trading it in!!
By matheson1977

2012 Buick Verano Sedan Leather Group 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought my Verano last year and now have 21,000 trouble free miles on it. I planed to keep it at least 8 yrs, that is until i found out about the turbo model for 2013..... Im just a sucker for more power!

This is the first domestic car Ive owned since 1989. Started looking at them again after I had a falling out with Toyota over a absolute lemon of a Venza. This little buick drives more like a $50,000 Lexus, it's just so quiet and refined. Fuel economy seems to keep improving with age, I average 34mpg mixed. Overall the most comfortable car I've owned and an all around good performer.

Wished for a bit more power and Buick delivered with the 260HP turbo version I ordered today.