Used 2012 Buick Verano Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Buick Verano Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Verano model:

Nice daily driver
By creaseys

2012 Buick Verano Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a 2012 Verano base with 11k to drive back and forth to work and I must say I have been very pleased. First, the front seats have tons of room, which is hard to find for someone my size. I am about 6'2'' and weigh 400lbs and I have plenty of room with the only exception being the floorboard area not having much extra space for my feet. I have noticed some reviews saying they get poor gas mileage and I con't see how thats possible. I am averaging 29.9 mpg with about 25% city driving and I am what you would call a "lead footed" driver. Plus my weight doesn't help gas mileage at all and I have been able to average 32.5 mpg driving on country roads.

The exterior appearance, fuel mileage, upscale interior, loaded with gadgets, unbelievable air conditioning, solid build, quiet for a small car, great high beams, handles good, surprising passing ability for a 4 banger.

More foot room, larger trunk opening, higher aspect ratio tires (55 maybe) to reduce wheel bending risk on rough roads. I also don't like the buttons setup to control the menu in the center cluster.

Blown Away!
By cadilew

2012 Buick Verano Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I will confess I got into my Verano thanks to an almost unbelievable lease offer. Thought I'd use it as a second car for the price and limited mileage. Once I got behind the wheel and drove it for a few hundred miles I honestly felt deprived when I got behind the wheel of my Lexus LS 430! The Verano is quieter, smoother and has more features than cars costing many multiples of its price tag. Sold my Lexus and am driving the Verano on a daily basis now. Could not be happier! Already dreading the day my lease deal ends. Hopefully Buick will have another offer that comes close to what I currently have so I can stay behind the wheel of a Verano for another couple years...

Bluetooth, XM radio with service included for the term of the lease, scheduled maintenance included, fold-down back seats, handsome wheels, quiet interior in beautiful Cashmere color, comfortable seats--shall I go on?

Granted, I got the base model but I do miss having an auto-dimming mirror. Also, visibility to the rear while backing up is a bit of a challenge. I know parking sensors are available--but you must upgrade from the base model. For the price, however, these are niggling complaints....

My First Car Domestic Car!
By sunny45

2012 Buick Verano Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

After three Toyota's, I have changed. I've had this car for a week and love it! Not only is it beautiful, but it has great handling on the road. The car is very comfortable and I love the the quiet interior (Oh sorry..."Quitetuning". This car is of a better value that most cars this size and within the compact sedan category. Thanks Buick for thinking about those of us that want luxury in a compact and making it worth our money.

The White Diamond exterior color, Remote Start, and large trunk space.

I wish I could program my garage door to the car. Also the fuel efficiently is good, but could be better.

Its Almost too Good to be True
By superpowers

2012 Buick Verano Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I've been driving my Verano for almost a month. I immediatley drove down Topanga Cyn Blvd. to Malibu Beach. If you aren't familiar with the area... It's a windy road that passes through mountain terrain and ends at the California coast. The Verano handled every turn with ease. I could definitely tell that this vehicle was designed in Europe (from Opel). I was surpised how sturdy and quiet the interior felt through out the ride. When my friends see the interior, they can't believe its a Buick. The build quality, and the quality of the materials used is probably above most if not all in its class.

I love the bluetooth audio that allows you to play music from your phone with out any wires attached. I probably use the pandora radio everyday. Being able to start the car from anywhere is major plus (turns on A/C) during the warmer days in California.

The available engine isn't the fastest, but the fuel economy is actually little bit better than what is printed on the maroni sticker. They will be upgrading the engine sometime around mid 2013, but I'm pleased with the current option.

New owner
By veranowner

2012 Buick Verano Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I just picked up my car from the dealership and I'm very excited about it. The ride home was so smooth and quiet. There was plenty of power on the highway and the ride definitely felt luxurious. I understand that I'm coming from a Vibe, (which is an awesome car, btw) but even so, for just a little more money, I feel like I've moved into a much higher class. I'm excited for Buick with this car. Once the word gets out that the Verano is a great value, I hope people will support it. The one thing I'm nervous about is reliability. I've had zero problems with my Vibe and it has 110,000 miles. If the Verano can come close to that, I'll be happy for Buick, and for me, too. Will update.