Used 2012 Buick Verano Base Sedan Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Buick Verano Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2012 Buick Verano Sedan

View reviews for a specific Verano model:

132K miles Strong
By Eric Richmond

2012 Buick Verano Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought this car brand new fours years ago and have since put 132K maintenance free miles on it. Getting ready to put my second set of tires on it. Yes, 65k miles out of performance tires...twice! Other than an O2 sensor crapping out at 19k miles (covered under warranty), I've had no issues with the car. Regular oil changes between 6 and 7k miles, tires rotated every oil change and had all 100k mile service work performed. Did have minor oil comsumption concerns from 30k to about 90k miles, but that concern is gone. The vehicle is still very tight and mpg have stayed consistant. I am still amazed at the low cost of ownership and reliability.

2012 Buick Verano
By cutecar

2012 Buick Verano Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Brought the car in May 2015, I liked it at first. It was a cool looking car. After about the 8 time in the shop with different problems from the ac being completely replaced to noise from the left front. I trade it in December 2015. We have an older model Buick and love it. I was really disappointed in this car. It will make me think twice about getting a Buick again.

Nice daily driver
By creaseys

2012 Buick Verano Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a 2012 Verano base with 11k to drive back and forth to work and I must say I have been very pleased. First, the front seats have tons of room, which is hard to find for someone my size. I am about 6'2'' and weigh 400lbs and I have plenty of room with the only exception being the floorboard area not having much extra space for my feet.
I have noticed some reviews saying they get poor gas mileage and I con't see how thats possible. I am averaging 29.9 mpg with about 25% city driving and I am what you would call a "lead footed" driver. Plus my weight doesn't help gas mileage at all and I have been able to average 32.5 mpg driving on country roads.

The exterior appearance, fuel mileage, upscale interior, loaded with gadgets, unbelievable air conditioning, solid build, quiet for a small car, great high beams, handles good, surprising passing ability for a 4 banger.

More foot room, larger trunk opening, higher aspect ratio tires (55 maybe) to reduce wheel bending risk on rough roads. I also don't like the buttons setup to control the menu in the center cluster.

Blown Away!
By cadilew

2012 Buick Verano Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I will confess I got into my Verano thanks to an almost unbelievable lease offer.
Thought I'd use it as a second car for the price and limited mileage.
Once I got behind the wheel and drove it for a few hundred miles I honestly felt deprived when I got behind the wheel of my Lexus LS 430!
The Verano is quieter, smoother and has more features than cars costing many multiples of its price tag.
Sold my Lexus and am driving the Verano on a daily basis now.
Could not be happier!
Already dreading the day my lease deal ends.
Hopefully Buick will have another offer that comes close to what I currently have so I can stay behind the wheel of a Verano for another couple years...

Bluetooth, XM radio with service included for the term of the lease, scheduled maintenance included, fold-down back seats, handsome wheels, quiet interior in beautiful Cashmere color, comfortable seats--shall I go on?

Granted, I got the base model but I do miss having an auto-dimming mirror. Also, visibility to the rear while backing up is a bit of a challenge. I know parking sensors are available--but you must upgrade from the base model. For the price, however, these are niggling complaints....

My First Car Domestic Car!
By sunny45

2012 Buick Verano Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

After three Toyota's, I have changed.
I've had this car for a week and love it!
Not only is it beautiful, but it has great handling on the road.
The car is very comfortable and I love the the quiet interior (Oh sorry..."Quitetuning".
This car is of a better value that most cars this size and within the compact sedan category.
Thanks Buick for thinking about those of us that want luxury in a compact and making it worth our money.

The White Diamond exterior color, Remote Start, and large trunk space.

I wish I could program my garage door to the car. Also the fuel efficiently is good, but could be better.