Used 2012 Buick Verano Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Buick Verano Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Verano model:

Nice car with a few disappointments
By Dennis Lovejoy

2012 Buick Verano Sedan Leather Group 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

There are 42,000 miles on the car. It's comfortable, very quiet, handles well, and seem to be very solid! Minor complaints are that it had a defective battery, black soot discolors the white car around the tailpipe, and the ventilation system emits a bad odor whenever it rains or the humidity is high. The Buick dealership has the car now to fix the ventilation system. If they can't fix it, it's so bad, we'll get rid of the car.

The quiet, comfortable ride with a solid handling car. Also like the electronics inside the car with the radio and OnStar.

Fix the a/c and ventilation system so that it doesn't smell bad.

Nice daily driver
By creaseys

2012 Buick Verano Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a 2012 Verano base with 11k to drive back and forth to work and I must say I have been very pleased. First, the front seats have tons of room, which is hard to find for someone my size. I am about 6'2'' and weigh 400lbs and I have plenty of room with the only exception being the floorboard area not having much extra space for my feet. I have noticed some reviews saying they get poor gas mileage and I con't see how thats possible. I am averaging 29.9 mpg with about 25% city driving and I am what you would call a "lead footed" driver. Plus my weight doesn't help gas mileage at all and I have been able to average 32.5 mpg driving on country roads.

The exterior appearance, fuel mileage, upscale interior, loaded with gadgets, unbelievable air conditioning, solid build, quiet for a small car, great high beams, handles good, surprising passing ability for a 4 banger.

More foot room, larger trunk opening, higher aspect ratio tires (55 maybe) to reduce wheel bending risk on rough roads. I also don't like the buttons setup to control the menu in the center cluster.

Blown Away!
By cadilew

2012 Buick Verano Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I will confess I got into my Verano thanks to an almost unbelievable lease offer. Thought I'd use it as a second car for the price and limited mileage. Once I got behind the wheel and drove it for a few hundred miles I honestly felt deprived when I got behind the wheel of my Lexus LS 430! The Verano is quieter, smoother and has more features than cars costing many multiples of its price tag. Sold my Lexus and am driving the Verano on a daily basis now. Could not be happier! Already dreading the day my lease deal ends. Hopefully Buick will have another offer that comes close to what I currently have so I can stay behind the wheel of a Verano for another couple years...

Bluetooth, XM radio with service included for the term of the lease, scheduled maintenance included, fold-down back seats, handsome wheels, quiet interior in beautiful Cashmere color, comfortable seats--shall I go on?

Granted, I got the base model but I do miss having an auto-dimming mirror. Also, visibility to the rear while backing up is a bit of a challenge. I know parking sensors are available--but you must upgrade from the base model. For the price, however, these are niggling complaints....

defroster vent stays open
By larrylp

2012 Buick Verano Sedan Leather Group 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Condensation builds up on the exterior front window when running the air conditioner. The dealer said this was because the defroster vent NEVER completley closes allowing cold air to exit. In certain temperature/humidity condensation forms. The windshield wiper must be run to allow visibility. Dealer states designed that way. No fix

Breaking It In
By jes421

2012 Buick Verano Sedan Leather Group 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I traded my beloved '08 Saturn Aura XR for a beautifully loaded Verano 1SL about a week ago & I am more than pleased. Today I took her out for a 481 mile daylong road trip that got me 33.3 MPG and that's just the beginning. The smoothness & quietness of the ride alone could take up another column. The 2.4L DOHC has not been lacking in power & has surprisingly proven itself more than capable both in city & on the hwy. This Verano is beautifully built inside & out from the flowing lines & curves of the body to the thoughtful comfort & design of the interior. Buick did this one right. I had originally wanted a LaCrosse & thought that the Verano would be a major step down. I was wrong.

The remote start is a nice feature as is locking the doors by placing your thumb on the little square on the outside door handle. (As long as you have the key fob on you. Try it!) The touch screen & navigation is intuitive and the Bose 9-speaker sound system is incredible. The heated steering wheel has been used a couple of times already & the rear defroster activates when the car starts & it's 45* or colder outside. The interior is called Choccachino. I don't know what that is. But it works & I like it. Oh...and Thank You, SiriusXM. You make those long trips bearable. I can also check the weather/forecast of where I live or where I'm at at the moment.

Towards the end of my road trip I was squirming in the driver's seat quite a bit trying to get comfortable. The front end needs to be able to lower to the floor as opposed to raising the back to make the seat level. By the time I got comfortable my head was touching the roof. I've read other reviews complaining about the lack of power with the 2.4L engine. I can honestly say that I've had no problem accelerating, merging or passing.