2012 Buick Verano - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Verano model:
defroster vent stays open
By larrylp on 07/24/13 10:38 AM (PDT)

2012 Buick Verano Leather Group 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Condensation builds up on the exterior front window when running the air conditioner. The dealer said this was because the defroster vent NEVER completley closes allowing cold air to exit. In certain temperature/humidity condensation forms. The windshield wiper must be run to allow visibility. Dealer states designed that way. No fix

Breaking It In
By jes421 on 03/12/13 00:31 AM (PDT)

2012 Buick Verano Leather Group 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I traded my beloved '08 Saturn Aura XR for a beautifully loaded Verano 1SL about a week ago & I am more than pleased. Today I took her out for a 481 mile daylong road trip that got me 33.3 MPG and that's just the beginning. The smoothness & quietness of the ride alone could take up another column. The 2.4L DOHC has not been lacking in power & has surprisingly proven itself more than capable both in city & on the hwy. This Verano is beautifully built inside & out from the flowing lines & curves of the body to the thoughtful comfort & design of the interior. Buick did this one right. I had originally wanted a LaCrosse & thought that the Verano would be a major step down. I was wrong.

Love it so much im trading it in!!
By matheson1977 on 10/08/12 08:37 AM (PDT)

2012 Buick Verano Leather Group 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought my Verano last year and now have 21,000 trouble free miles on it. I planed to keep it at least 8 yrs, that is until i found out about the turbo model for 2013..... Im just a sucker for more power!

Good bang for the buck
By iyaoyas on 10/06/12 12:02 PM (PDT)

2012 Buick Verano Leather Group 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my Verano new on Leap Day and have since put over 17K miles on it. I commute over 100 miles a day, so I think I have a pretty good feel for what this car is all about. I have used every feature of car and used it a bunch. I will say that this car has the best seats Buick makes period! The fit and finish inside is as good as any higher brand and all buttons and controls are well placed. In over 17K miles I have had zero issues with the car. I average 30-34 MPG. For those that complain about a lack of power, not sure what your expecting. I do a lot of two lane passing and it has never left me wishing I had more power. This car is hands down the best bang for the buck!

Definitely worth the money.
By newcarnow4 on 09/02/12 20:17 PM (PDT)

2012 Buick Verano Leather Group 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have to say I was very much on the fence with this car. It was get a Toyota or go back to Buick. I've had two other Buicks in my lifetime. After researching on Edmunds and test driving I went with the Verano. So far I have been very pleased. This is an incredibly nice ride and the options you get for the money paid are amazing. Now the gas mileage seems average and the back room seat could be bigger, but this really is a lot of luxury for the price and I am happy in the end I got it. If you are undecided give it a test drive. Smooth ride and handling, adequate power, lots of bells and whistles put me over the top.

Heads up -
By johnpac on 08/28/12 11:47 AM (PDT)

2012 Buick Verano Leather Group 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my Verano in April, 2012 - I really like the comfort, especially on long drives, and the styling compares with cars several thousands more expensive. However, I would warn you, it is a bit under-powered - not scary weak, but not quite as quick as, say, a Camry. Also, within 2 months I noticed black soot at the tailpipe. It's been looked at twice by the dealer's service mgr, who says he called GM about it, and there is little that can be done because it has to do with valve timing. I don't think this qualifies as a "LEMON"-type deficiency, but it is a disappointment. If you can live with cleaning the tailpipe every couple weeks, take a hard look at this car.

Surprised!
By lukestrawalker on 05/01/12 18:04 PM (PDT)

2012 Buick Verano Leather Group 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have always been a horsepower junkie. I had visions of my next car being a Challenger R/T with pistol grip. I have been holding out,waiting for Panther Pink,Sub-lime or another funkie retro Mopar color to make a come back.My wife came home from work three weeks ago talking about this car that had shown up at the local Government Motors dealership.She kept talking about this car.Then a little over a week ago she told me she wanted to go test drive the car to get it "out of her system". I have only been excited about three cars in the last 15 years.The above mentioned Challenger,5 series BMW sedan,and now a Buick of all things!The Verano has totally shocked me!!!!

My First american car!
By sothernkimb on 04/18/12 10:47 AM (PDT)

2012 Buick Verano Leather Group 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Took delivery om my White Diamond Verano about 6 weeks ago. I will contiune to update as it ages. This car was bar none the best compact luxury car I looked at. I traded in my Acura for it! The Verano is very quiet, and it feels very solid. It has all the luxury features i need. Im very happy with the cars overall performance. Several of my friends have driven this car (all import owners) and they too have come away impressed. Good job Buick, you snagged this 35yr old as a new customer. I never thought I'd own a Buick.

under 700miles and major transmission problem
By unhappy2012 on 04/13/12 21:55 PM (PDT)

2012 Buick Verano Leather Group 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

To say I am unhappy is an understatement. Spent too much on this car buying it new, but feeling assured that I would not have "problems" with it. At 550 ck engine light came on and transmission shifting was a hard jump with lights flashing. Turned car off, drove a bit more, transmission problem gone but check engine light still on, took to dealership. Computer cks showed no problem, service dept drove car for several days, no prob. Same prob a 2nd time and car stuck in low gear, only go 35mi/hr gear did not shift,cruise cntrl not working,drove straight to dealer, Buick sent a part to hopefully fix car.My old car was reliable,now I have an unreliable expensive new car. Stuck with a LEMON

Buick Verano 2012
By jim992 on 03/04/12 07:21 AM (PST)

2012 Buick Verano Leather Group 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We recently purchased a Buick Verano 2012 in January we previously had a 2008 Infiniti G . We are very pleased with the Verano it actually has a quiter and more comfortable ride than the G it is comparable in size and about 12000 dollars cheaper.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Buick Verano in VA is:

$140 per month*