Used 2012 Buick Verano Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Buick Verano - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Verano model:

2012 Buick Verano
By cutecar

2012 Buick Verano 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Brought the car in May 2015, I liked it at first. It was a cool looking car. After about the 8 time in the shop with different problems from the ac being completely replaced to noise from the left front. I trade it in December 2015. We have an older model Buick and love it. I was really disappointed in this car. It will make me think twice about getting a Buick again.

Wonderful Car
By Nathan Shanks

2012 Buick Verano Leather Group 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We purchased this car brand new from GM. It had 3 miles when we purchased and now have 26k on it. We have had 2 oil changes 0 maintenance cost otherwise. We take it in when the oil change indicator goes off. The car is reliable, quiet, and has held up very well. The build quality is one of the best cars I have owned. My wife drives it every day and enjoys every aspect. I would recommended this car to anybody. This is the lowest cost of maintenance vehicle I have ever owned and one of the most well built for the price range possible.

Nice car with a few disappointments
By Dennis Lovejoy

2012 Buick Verano Leather Group 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

There are 42,000 miles on the car. It's comfortable, very quiet, handles well, and seem to be very solid! Minor complaints are that it had a defective battery, black soot discolors the white car around the tailpipe, and the ventilation system emits a bad odor whenever it rains or the humidity is high. The Buick dealership has the car now to fix the ventilation system. If they can't fix it, it's so bad, we'll get rid of the car.

The quiet, comfortable ride with a solid handling car. Also like the electronics inside the car with the radio and OnStar.

Fix the a/c and ventilation system so that it doesn't smell bad.

Nice daily driver
By creaseys

2012 Buick Verano 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a 2012 Verano base with 11k to drive back and forth to work and I must say I have been very pleased. First, the front seats have tons of room, which is hard to find for someone my size. I am about 6'2'' and weigh 400lbs and I have plenty of room with the only exception being the floorboard area not having much extra space for my feet. I have noticed some reviews saying they get poor gas mileage and I con't see how thats possible. I am averaging 29.9 mpg with about 25% city driving and I am what you would call a "lead footed" driver. Plus my weight doesn't help gas mileage at all and I have been able to average 32.5 mpg driving on country roads.

The exterior appearance, fuel mileage, upscale interior, loaded with gadgets, unbelievable air conditioning, solid build, quiet for a small car, great high beams, handles good, surprising passing ability for a 4 banger.

More foot room, larger trunk opening, higher aspect ratio tires (55 maybe) to reduce wheel bending risk on rough roads. I also don't like the buttons setup to control the menu in the center cluster.

Blown Away!
By cadilew

2012 Buick Verano 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I will confess I got into my Verano thanks to an almost unbelievable lease offer. Thought I'd use it as a second car for the price and limited mileage. Once I got behind the wheel and drove it for a few hundred miles I honestly felt deprived when I got behind the wheel of my Lexus LS 430! The Verano is quieter, smoother and has more features than cars costing many multiples of its price tag. Sold my Lexus and am driving the Verano on a daily basis now. Could not be happier! Already dreading the day my lease deal ends. Hopefully Buick will have another offer that comes close to what I currently have so I can stay behind the wheel of a Verano for another couple years...

Bluetooth, XM radio with service included for the term of the lease, scheduled maintenance included, fold-down back seats, handsome wheels, quiet interior in beautiful Cashmere color, comfortable seats--shall I go on?

Granted, I got the base model but I do miss having an auto-dimming mirror. Also, visibility to the rear while backing up is a bit of a challenge. I know parking sensors are available--but you must upgrade from the base model. For the price, however, these are niggling complaints....

• SUV