2012 Buick Verano - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Verano model:
Blown Away!
By cadilew on 10/23/13 19:02 PM (PDT)

2012 Buick Verano 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I will confess I got into my Verano thanks to an almost unbelievable lease offer. Thought I'd use it as a second car for the price and limited mileage. Once I got behind the wheel and drove it for a few hundred miles I honestly felt deprived when I got behind the wheel of my Lexus LS 430! The Verano is quieter, smoother and has more features than cars costing many multiples of its price tag. Sold my Lexus and am driving the Verano on a daily basis now. Could not be happier! Already dreading the day my lease deal ends. Hopefully Buick will have another offer that comes close to what I currently have so I can stay behind the wheel of a Verano for another couple years...

defroster vent stays open
By larrylp on 07/24/13 10:38 AM (PDT)

2012 Buick Verano Leather Group 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Condensation builds up on the exterior front window when running the air conditioner. The dealer said this was because the defroster vent NEVER completley closes allowing cold air to exit. In certain temperature/humidity condensation forms. The windshield wiper must be run to allow visibility. Dealer states designed that way. No fix

Breaking It In
By jes421 on 03/12/13 00:31 AM (PDT)

2012 Buick Verano Leather Group 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I traded my beloved '08 Saturn Aura XR for a beautifully loaded Verano 1SL about a week ago & I am more than pleased. Today I took her out for a 481 mile daylong road trip that got me 33.3 MPG and that's just the beginning. The smoothness & quietness of the ride alone could take up another column. The 2.4L DOHC has not been lacking in power & has surprisingly proven itself more than capable both in city & on the hwy. This Verano is beautifully built inside & out from the flowing lines & curves of the body to the thoughtful comfort & design of the interior. Buick did this one right. I had originally wanted a LaCrosse & thought that the Verano would be a major step down. I was wrong.

Love it so much im trading it in!!
By matheson1977 on 10/08/12 08:37 AM (PDT)

2012 Buick Verano Leather Group 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought my Verano last year and now have 21,000 trouble free miles on it. I planed to keep it at least 8 yrs, that is until i found out about the turbo model for 2013..... Im just a sucker for more power!

Good bang for the buck
By iyaoyas on 10/06/12 12:02 PM (PDT)

2012 Buick Verano Leather Group 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my Verano new on Leap Day and have since put over 17K miles on it. I commute over 100 miles a day, so I think I have a pretty good feel for what this car is all about. I have used every feature of car and used it a bunch. I will say that this car has the best seats Buick makes period! The fit and finish inside is as good as any higher brand and all buttons and controls are well placed. In over 17K miles I have had zero issues with the car. I average 30-34 MPG. For those that complain about a lack of power, not sure what your expecting. I do a lot of two lane passing and it has never left me wishing I had more power. This car is hands down the best bang for the buck!

Disappointment
By texas38 on 09/04/12 02:30 AM (PDT)

2012 Buick Verano Convenience Group 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this car with high hopes that its looks would reflect its performance. I was and am still very disappointed. Within the first 1000 miles I started to notice that it was not only relucant to accelerate but struggling by jerking like the transmission is about to drop out of the car. The spoiler has broken off twice now and when I drive over anything but a smooth road the car rebels by sounding like the 96 saturn that I drive to work. To say its a rough ride is an understatement. Also the interior scratches very easy. Everyday I see new marks and we don't have small children nor any pets that ride in the car. Lastly, the seats are already bubbling up in the center making it look old.

Definitely worth the money.
By newcarnow4 on 09/02/12 20:17 PM (PDT)

2012 Buick Verano Leather Group 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have to say I was very much on the fence with this car. It was get a Toyota or go back to Buick. I've had two other Buicks in my lifetime. After researching on Edmunds and test driving I went with the Verano. So far I have been very pleased. This is an incredibly nice ride and the options you get for the money paid are amazing. Now the gas mileage seems average and the back room seat could be bigger, but this really is a lot of luxury for the price and I am happy in the end I got it. If you are undecided give it a test drive. Smooth ride and handling, adequate power, lots of bells and whistles put me over the top.

Great car for the money
By fredh1 on 08/31/12 12:34 PM (PDT)

2012 Buick Verano Convenience Group 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I've owned it for 6 mos. After I bought it, I learned that this is the best selling car in CHINA. So, GM's built likely a million of these things by now and I think they've got it down. No problems whatsoever so far, rare for a first year model. Likes: VERY quiet; smooth autostick tranny; fast enough for any legal driving; GREAT handling (tires on this small car are same size as my former 300C Special); OnStar (they do Everything!); fold down rear seats: comfort/interior appearance. Best integration of tech systems of all current Buick models. Dislikes: Short legroom reat seats (but OK in a pinch for 4 adults); needs full power on both front seats; cheap looking ext. fender seams.

Heads up -
By johnpac on 08/28/12 11:47 AM (PDT)

2012 Buick Verano Leather Group 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my Verano in April, 2012 - I really like the comfort, especially on long drives, and the styling compares with cars several thousands more expensive. However, I would warn you, it is a bit under-powered - not scary weak, but not quite as quick as, say, a Camry. Also, within 2 months I noticed black soot at the tailpipe. It's been looked at twice by the dealer's service mgr, who says he called GM about it, and there is little that can be done because it has to do with valve timing. I don't think this qualifies as a "LEMON"-type deficiency, but it is a disappointment. If you can live with cleaning the tailpipe every couple weeks, take a hard look at this car.

My First Car Domestic Car!
By sunny45 on 07/24/12 18:10 PM (PDT)

2012 Buick Verano 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

After three Toyota's, I have changed. I've had this car for a week and love it! Not only is it beautiful, but it has great handling on the road. The car is very comfortable and I love the the quiet interior (Oh sorry..."Quitetuning". This car is of a better value that most cars this size and within the compact sedan category. Thanks Buick for thinking about those of us that want luxury in a compact and making it worth our money.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Buick Verano in VA is:

$147 per month*