2006 Buick Terraza Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Terraza model:
Bad Choice
By sonia on 03/02/09 10:58 AM (PST)

2006 Buick Terraza Minivan CX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

very dissapointed with this van. uncomfortable,noisey,poor performance. problems with stalling,cruise control,abs system,trac stability and control system to say the least.

Sad Buick Showing
By JBundle on 12/10/08 12:00 PM (PST)

2006 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

While I was growing up, my grandfather always praised how good Buicks were and so I was very biased in my purchase, but no more. I am very disappointed with this van. On the outside it looks like a beautiful vehicle, but on the inside, the engine stalls on cold starts, the vehicle shakes (replaced brakes and tires made it better). There is no room for cargo. My husband is wheelchair bound now and we can either have people or his chair. DVD player also has high pitch noise whenever used. The only things I like are the built in aircompressor and the power door. Other than that the front cupholder broke with the weight of a cup of coffee. I would trade it, but it depreciated as soon as I bought

Very Disappointed
By MeMe on 04/14/08 21:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Terraza Minivan CX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is the first car I have purchased new, and I am very disappointed with the performance of this van. My van stalls when starting for day one, was told it is a manufactures problem and can't be fixed. It has lots of noises from the tires to squeaking in the seats. Bad blind spots in rear Windows because of back head rest. There is very little storage space in back. Had to have sliding door repaired, weather stripes on doors replaced, new cd player put in, two knew key pads in less than 3 yrs. Rear hatch hard to close, no rear heat, none auto sliding door hard to close, no room betw. Front console and front storage area. This is why they no longer make it.

Regretful choice
By Bembie on 10/02/07 09:18 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have been very disappointed with my Terraza. The sliding doors are hard to close. There is no storage between the front seats and I have a hard time finding somewhere to put my purse when my cupholders are open. There are no air vents in the back and my kids hated this part. I had to have the rear end replaced at 35,000 miles. There are also many rattles inside. Road noise is annoying, too. I am in the process of trading, even though it is not a good financial move for me. The depreciation of this vehicle is terrible, but I am willing to go into a new vehicle after being "upside down" with this one. This is my first Buick and I have been disappointed.

Don't buy a Terraza - give me my Chrysler
By taylor72 on 04/25/07 16:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I was impressed by the name Buick and the incentives but after driving it for a few months and comparing it to my previous Dodge Grand Caravan, it isn't as roomy, it's more difficult to get in and out of the back seat, it just isn't as nice inside and there's not as much room behind the 3rd seat. I just want my Chrysler minivan back.

Poor A/C Performance
By dbrown on 03/19/07 15:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The overall experience has been pretty good. However the A/C has gone out several times. It will eventually correct itself but does no good on long trips. Even the dealers couldn't figure out what to do. I would not suggest this vehicle to anyone until Buick gets the A/C figured out. Very disappointed in this vehicle.

Vibration or shake
By Eugene J Seifert on 02/07/07 08:41 AM (PST)

2006 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This van has had vibration or shake from the first mile. Buick has tried to repair. Replaced tires 3.5 times. This helps but the problem is still there. Buick says this is acceptable and that all the Terraza have it. The van has been in the shop 6 times about 5 weeks total. It has less then 5000 miles on it

06 Terrazza with 3.9L V6
By Dave on 01/02/07 16:34 PM (PST)

2006 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We've had this Terrazza for just about a year now. Other than needing a new transmission in the first 5000km (!) it has been just fine. It is a well built and very comfortable van. We have driven it to Florida and back (22 hours) and it is just great, quiet on the road and the 3.9L V6 is outstanding, great mileage and excellent pick-up. Rear DVD player and wireless headphones are fantastic.

Great Van!!
By Chuck McCarter on 12/29/06 15:43 PM (PST)

2006 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I have 4 young children and this is our first mini van. We looked at the other vans but kept coming back to the Buick and are very pleased with it. We have the CXL with all the options the kids love it. The engine is the 3.9 and my wife and I love the performance, its more than we expected from a mini van. The van is quiet and the longer warranty is proof to me that GM products are as good as any.

Good performance, interior lacking
By rripberger on 12/28/06 12:57 PM (PST)

2006 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The 3.9 cyl V6 performs great and the vehicle handles nicely. It is a pleasure to drive. Air pump and electric outlet are nice. For the price you would think the interior could be better. There are no fewer than 3 rattles going at any time, road noise over 50mph is too loud. Second row leg room could be better and the second row seats are not designed to be removed (although they can be with a little ingenuity). The Phatnoise multi-media and DVD system are wonderful, however, you cannot control it from the front seat (while you are stopped of course), so for your 3-year-old you have to recline and twist your neck to reach the controls or get out and go to the back.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.