2006 Buick Terraza Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Terraza model:
'Buick' Another Word for 'Broke'
By foodle on 11/11/11 16:50 PM (PST)

2006 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We've only had it a year. Purchased the extended warranty. Good thing, it's been in the shop 6 times. Twice for a draining battery issue that the dealer never did find the answer to. Battery drained and left us stranded at the airport twice each time after only 5 days. Battery tested 'good'. Dealer recommended a new battery anyway since they couldn't find the problem. Four times in the shop for electronic doors that chime - drove us nuts - and seldom worked. Dealer said they couldn't 'duplicate' the problem at the shop but acknowledged we weren't lying. Transmission started to slip in first. Only thing to do: we decided to dump it and lose $ on it. Advice: Stay away.

A Real Beauty!
By Dolynn56X on 11/09/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Fantastic van, we got a great deal on it, didn't have to fianance, price was so low. Features are great, drives great, all around great vehicle. I would definately buy one again.

Should have read the Reviews
By Kathy on 10/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We traded in a Chrysler Town & Country Limited & we loved this vehicle it just had too many miles on it- liking the outside more SUV look of the Buick Terazza I purchased this one with 12,000 miles on it--- Everything I read now in the bad reviews is what I have problem with. Everything rattles- back seats are uncomfortable and cramped- slow to start, stalls. Service stabilation light comes on & steering freezes, clunking in front end dealer says there is nothing wrong with either, the transmission jumps when shifting. The worst is I cannot rely on the fuel gage that tells how many miles till empty- Twice I ran out of gas with 61 miles to go and the low fuel light didn't come on-

Not a good choice
By Calgary Alberta on 06/14/10 19:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought a used 3.9L V6 and I'm very disappointed with this vehicle. I had alarm bells going off all the time with no indication of what was wrong. I finally figured out it had something to do with one of the automatic sliding doors. I also have some sort of inconsistent transmission problem. It either clunks into second gear or it shakes into second gear. Dealer figured out the computer chip needed an update to fix the alarm bells but they can't find anything wrong with the transmission. It's also a very noisy van. Lots of rattling and road noise. I've owned lots of different makes of vehicles and will never go back to GM.

06 Terrazza with 3.9L V6
By mikeq on 05/02/10 09:42 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Overall I think this is a good van. It has lots of room, very quite. Rides nice on highway. I have had no major problems, However Carl Black Buick performed some warranty work and did a very poor job.

Be Afraid...
By tampa-fl on 01/18/10 11:27 AM (PST)

2006 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This was an emergency purchase (with Buick Rendevous trade-in...another GM horror story) for 2008 family summer trips. DVD system a plus with four kids; averaged 26 MPG highway driving...very comfortable seats. Lack of seating flexibility (no fold-down 3rd row seats, and 2nd row seats don't slide forward) a major minus. Removing 2nd/3rd row seats is hernia territory. Repairs in 18 months ownership: (1) replaced front stabilizer links ($270); (2) reprogram PCM to address extended crank time, Bulletin #05-06-04-076B ($90). Still fighting Dealer on the flickering headlamps & interior lights, Bulletin #05-06-03-003C, that may require either replacement voltage regulator or alternator (ouch)

Regretful choice
By Bembie on 10/02/07 09:18 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have been very disappointed with my Terraza. The sliding doors are hard to close. There is no storage between the front seats and I have a hard time finding somewhere to put my purse when my cupholders are open. There are no air vents in the back and my kids hated this part. I had to have the rear end replaced at 35,000 miles. There are also many rattles inside. Road noise is annoying, too. I am in the process of trading, even though it is not a good financial move for me. The depreciation of this vehicle is terrible, but I am willing to go into a new vehicle after being "upside down" with this one. This is my first Buick and I have been disappointed.

Poor A/C Performance
By dbrown on 03/19/07 15:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The overall experience has been pretty good. However the A/C has gone out several times. It will eventually correct itself but does no good on long trips. Even the dealers couldn't figure out what to do. I would not suggest this vehicle to anyone until Buick gets the A/C figured out. Very disappointed in this vehicle.

Vibration or shake
By Eugene J Seifert on 02/07/07 08:41 AM (PST)

2006 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This van has had vibration or shake from the first mile. Buick has tried to repair. Replaced tires 3.5 times. This helps but the problem is still there. Buick says this is acceptable and that all the Terraza have it. The van has been in the shop 6 times about 5 weeks total. It has less then 5000 miles on it

06 Terrazza with 3.9L V6
By Dave on 01/02/07 16:34 PM (PST)

2006 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We've had this Terrazza for just about a year now. Other than needing a new transmission in the first 5000km (!) it has been just fine. It is a well built and very comfortable van. We have driven it to Florida and back (22 hours) and it is just great, quiet on the road and the 3.9L V6 is outstanding, great mileage and excellent pick-up. Rear DVD player and wireless headphones are fantastic.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.