Used 2006 Buick Terraza CXL Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Buick Terraza Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Terraza model:

'Buick' Another Word for 'Broke'
By foodle

2006 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We've only had it a year. Purchased the extended warranty. Good thing, it's been in the shop 6 times. Twice for a draining battery issue that the dealer never did find the answer to. Battery drained and left us stranded at the airport twice each time after only 5 days. Battery tested 'good'. Dealer recommended a new battery anyway since they couldn't find the problem. Four times in the shop for electronic doors that chime - drove us nuts - and seldom worked. Dealer said they couldn't 'duplicate' the problem at the shop but acknowledged we weren't lying. Transmission started to slip in first. Only thing to do: we decided to dump it and lose $ on it. Advice: Stay away.

We liked the DVD feature when it worked for the kids (pulled the fuse to the radio/dvd to silence the 'door chime'). The heated seats are nice. The van had a nice ride, was quiet. Comfortable seats; good view of the road going forward. Adequate storage.

GM needs to stop cutting corners on electronics or at least make efforts to repair/replace faulty manufactured components. The technician worked hard to fix the doors but became frustrated because GM offered no permanent solution to the chiming/door sensor problem.

A Real Beauty!
By Dolynn56X

2006 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Fantastic van, we got a great deal on it, didn't have to fianance, price was so low. Features are great, drives great, all around great vehicle. I would definately buy one again.

Wood trim, Backup warning, DVD player, digital read out....heated leather seats.. bonus for those special times...good acceleration, fuel economy, comfort...

none.

Should have read the Reviews
By Kathy

2006 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We traded in a Chrysler Town & Country Limited & we loved this vehicle it just had too many miles on it- liking the outside more SUV look of the Buick Terazza I purchased this one with 12,000 miles on it--- Everything I read now in the bad reviews is what I have problem with. Everything rattles- back seats are uncomfortable and cramped- slow to start, stalls. Service stabilation light comes on & steering freezes, clunking in front end dealer says there is nothing wrong with either, the transmission jumps when shifting. The worst is I cannot rely on the fuel gage that tells how many miles till empty- Twice I ran out of gas with 61 miles to go and the low fuel light didn't come on-

leather interior and heated seats

Buy A Chrysler

Not a good choice
By Calgary Alberta

2006 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought a used 3.9L V6 and I'm very disappointed with this vehicle. I had alarm bells going off all the time with no indication of what was wrong. I finally figured out it had something to do with one of the automatic sliding doors. I also have some sort of inconsistent transmission problem. It either clunks into second gear or it shakes into second gear. Dealer figured out the computer chip needed an update to fix the alarm bells but they can't find anything wrong with the transmission. It's also a very noisy van. Lots of rattling and road noise. I've owned lots of different makes of vehicles and will never go back to GM.

Comfortable seats, kids like the DVD player

Change the style of seat, to hard to see around. Add an ipod jack to the stereo system. Better sound proofing. Get a handle on the mechanics of these vans before selling them to the public.

06 Terrazza with 3.9L V6
By mikeq

2006 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Overall I think this is a good van. It has lots of room, very quite. Rides nice on highway. I have had no major problems, However Carl Black Buick performed some warranty work and did a very poor job.

Nice ride. DVD, Air pump, under deck storage for tools etc.

Very large blind spots