Used 2006 Buick Terraza Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Buick Terraza - Consumer Reviews

2006 Buick Terraza Minivan

View reviews for a specific Terraza model:

'Buick' Another Word for 'Broke'
By foodle

2006 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We've only had it a year. Purchased the extended warranty. Good thing, it's been in the shop 6 times. Twice for a draining battery issue that the dealer never did find the answer to. Battery drained and left us stranded at the airport twice each time after only 5 days. Battery tested 'good'. Dealer recommended a new battery anyway since they couldn't find the problem. Four times in the shop for electronic doors that chime - drove us nuts - and seldom worked. Dealer said they couldn't 'duplicate' the problem at the shop but acknowledged we weren't lying. Transmission started to slip in first. Only thing to do: we decided to dump it and lose $ on it. Advice: Stay away.

Favorite Features

We liked the DVD feature when it worked for the kids (pulled the fuse to the radio/dvd to silence the 'door chime'). The heated seats are nice. The van had a nice ride, was quiet. Comfortable seats; good view of the road going forward. Adequate storage.

Suggested Improvements

GM needs to stop cutting corners on electronics or at least make efforts to repair/replace faulty manufactured components. The technician worked hard to fix the doors but became frustrated because GM offered no permanent solution to the chiming/door sensor problem.

Feel Cheated
By Jaime

2006 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have put so much money into this van. Every time I turn around something is broke. Now I have a sensor going off due to a sliding door. It doesn't start half the time. Lights will dim. I bought it used and the first year and a half I had it it was in the shop almost once a month. The blind spots are bad.

Favorite Features

I do like the video system. It is nice for the kids. I like the reverse sensors. It handles well in snow.

Suggested Improvements

Things should not break every time you turn around. It needs to be made with better quality.

disappoinetd
By maj

2006 Buick Terraza Minivan CX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

purchased certified used from a gm dealer. I don't believe carfax or this vehicle was poorly built from the beginning. I thought I covered all of the basic when first time buying used. From the noise, lose and squeaky steering wheel, radio can never be turn off manual, feel like the van will fall apart of bumpy roads, purchased a new battery 3 days after purchase, left window squeaks and sitting on pins and needles.

Favorite Features

dvd works ok and interior was very clean.

Suggested Improvements

Don't trust the carfax.

A Real Beauty!
By Dolynn56X

2006 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Fantastic van, we got a great deal on it, didn't have to fianance, price was so low. Features are great, drives great, all around great vehicle. I would definately buy one again.

Favorite Features

Wood trim, Backup warning, DVD player, digital read out....heated leather seats.. bonus for those special times...good acceleration, fuel economy, comfort...

Suggested Improvements

none.

Should have read the Reviews
By Kathy

2006 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We traded in a Chrysler Town & Country Limited & we loved this vehicle it just had too many miles on it- liking the outside more SUV look of the Buick Terazza I purchased this one with 12,000 miles on it--- Everything I read now in the bad reviews is what I have problem with. Everything rattles- back seats are uncomfortable and cramped- slow to start, stalls. Service stabilation light comes on & steering freezes, clunking in front end dealer says there is nothing wrong with either, the transmission jumps when shifting. The worst is I cannot rely on the fuel gage that tells how many miles till empty- Twice I ran out of gas with 61 miles to go and the low fuel light didn't come on-

Favorite Features

leather interior and heated seats

Suggested Improvements

Buy A Chrysler