Used 2006 Buick Terraza Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Buick Terraza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Terraza model:

[non-permissible content removed]
By J.r.

2006 Buick Terraza CX 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

They say first impressions are everything; wrong don't let this lemon fool you! I liked the look features air ride and everything. We have three kids and needed to expand. It caught my eye on a used lot for a week before I looked. I took my family down (after reading aND knowing many electornic issues off the bat. If you have ever owned a Cadillac buick or a gm that has electectronically controlled EVERYTHING knows what I mean, and I am a die hard Gm guy, don't get me wrong so I gave it the benefit of the doubt. Took it for a ride turned out of the dealer made nasty sound from steering and cv joints Which were visibly sealed and OK looking, I came to the stop li b he and major four way intersection the light wenot green I hit the gas , and the transmission slipped so bad in first it made the vehicle stall. I subsequently started it back up continued down the road to the next light when the dash lights bEgan dimming and beeping at me. The light went green I hit the gas it s.lipped from first to second then shredded a serpentine belt in traffic was my entire family. I limped back With an 1/8 in of belt width on the pulley parked it and realized every bad thing I heard about the vehicle just happen we do including the service stability system because the compressor for rear air bags wasn't working. I then looked at a cross over kia rondo with a third row seat drove ito and bought it the next day it's the best car I've owned. For 2k less than the building know this kind walks all over this buick all day long. WORD OF ADVICE, DO NOT BUY OR EVERYTHING CONSIDER A BUICK TERRAZA or you will have it in the shop once a month with every shop unable to find or fix source of electronic issues. Don't let options fool you. BTW this van only had 79,000 MI on it. LEMON

'Buick' Another Word for 'Broke'
By foodle

2006 Buick Terraza CXL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We've only had it a year. Purchased the extended warranty. Good thing, it's been in the shop 6 times. Twice for a draining battery issue that the dealer never did find the answer to. Battery drained and left us stranded at the airport twice each time after only 5 days. Battery tested 'good'. Dealer recommended a new battery anyway since they couldn't find the problem. Four times in the shop for electronic doors that chime - drove us nuts - and seldom worked. Dealer said they couldn't 'duplicate' the problem at the shop but acknowledged we weren't lying. Transmission started to slip in first. Only thing to do: we decided to dump it and lose $ on it. Advice: Stay away.

We liked the DVD feature when it worked for the kids (pulled the fuse to the radio/dvd to silence the 'door chime'). The heated seats are nice. The van had a nice ride, was quiet. Comfortable seats; good view of the road going forward. Adequate storage.

GM needs to stop cutting corners on electronics or at least make efforts to repair/replace faulty manufactured components. The technician worked hard to fix the doors but became frustrated because GM offered no permanent solution to the chiming/door sensor problem.

Feel Cheated
By Jaime

2006 Buick Terraza CXL 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have put so much money into this van. Every time I turn around something is broke. Now I have a sensor going off due to a sliding door. It doesn't start half the time. Lights will dim. I bought it used and the first year and a half I had it it was in the shop almost once a month. The blind spots are bad.

I do like the video system. It is nice for the kids. I like the reverse sensors. It handles well in snow.

Things should not break every time you turn around. It needs to be made with better quality.

disappoinetd
By maj

2006 Buick Terraza CX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

purchased certified used from a gm dealer. I don't believe carfax or this vehicle was poorly built from the beginning. I thought I covered all of the basic when first time buying used. From the noise, lose and squeaky steering wheel, radio can never be turn off manual, feel like the van will fall apart of bumpy roads, purchased a new battery 3 days after purchase, left window squeaks and sitting on pins and needles.

dvd works ok and interior was very clean.

Don't trust the carfax.

A Real Beauty!
By Dolynn56X

2006 Buick Terraza CXL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Fantastic van, we got a great deal on it, didn't have to fianance, price was so low. Features are great, drives great, all around great vehicle. I would definately buy one again.

Wood trim, Backup warning, DVD player, digital read out....heated leather seats.. bonus for those special times...good acceleration, fuel economy, comfort...

none.