2006 Buick Terraza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Terraza model:
'Buick' Another Word for 'Broke'
By foodle on 11/11/11 16:50 PM (PST)

2006 Buick Terraza CXL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We've only had it a year. Purchased the extended warranty. Good thing, it's been in the shop 6 times. Twice for a draining battery issue that the dealer never did find the answer to. Battery drained and left us stranded at the airport twice each time after only 5 days. Battery tested 'good'. Dealer recommended a new battery anyway since they couldn't find the problem. Four times in the shop for electronic doors that chime - drove us nuts - and seldom worked. Dealer said they couldn't 'duplicate' the problem at the shop but acknowledged we weren't lying. Transmission started to slip in first. Only thing to do: we decided to dump it and lose $ on it. Advice: Stay away.

Feel Cheated
By Jaime on 11/18/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Buick Terraza CXL 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have put so much money into this van. Every time I turn around something is broke. Now I have a sensor going off due to a sliding door. It doesn't start half the time. Lights will dim. I bought it used and the first year and a half I had it it was in the shop almost once a month. The blind spots are bad.

disappoinetd
By maj on 11/17/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Buick Terraza CX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

purchased certified used from a gm dealer. I don't believe carfax or this vehicle was poorly built from the beginning. I thought I covered all of the basic when first time buying used. From the noise, lose and squeaky steering wheel, radio can never be turn off manual, feel like the van will fall apart of bumpy roads, purchased a new battery 3 days after purchase, left window squeaks and sitting on pins and needles.

A Real Beauty!
By Dolynn56X on 11/09/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Buick Terraza CXL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Fantastic van, we got a great deal on it, didn't have to fianance, price was so low. Features are great, drives great, all around great vehicle. I would definately buy one again.

Should have read the Reviews
By Kathy on 10/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick Terraza CXL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We traded in a Chrysler Town & Country Limited & we loved this vehicle it just had too many miles on it- liking the outside more SUV look of the Buick Terazza I purchased this one with 12,000 miles on it--- Everything I read now in the bad reviews is what I have problem with. Everything rattles- back seats are uncomfortable and cramped- slow to start, stalls. Service stabilation light comes on & steering freezes, clunking in front end dealer says there is nothing wrong with either, the transmission jumps when shifting. The worst is I cannot rely on the fuel gage that tells how many miles till empty- Twice I ran out of gas with 61 miles to go and the low fuel light didn't come on-

2006 BUICK
By MARY on 06/21/10 13:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Terraza CXL 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

2006 Buick Terraza must be one of Buick's worse vehicles, the back seats are not comfortable, only one arm rest per seat, what do you do with your other arm!!?? The Black dashboard makes the vehicle hotter, sometimes I think the air is not working.Makes load noise when turning corners . Head lights and interior lights sometimes dim. I would not buy another Buick.

Not a good choice
By Calgary Alberta on 06/14/10 19:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Terraza CXL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought a used 3.9L V6 and I'm very disappointed with this vehicle. I had alarm bells going off all the time with no indication of what was wrong. I finally figured out it had something to do with one of the automatic sliding doors. I also have some sort of inconsistent transmission problem. It either clunks into second gear or it shakes into second gear. Dealer figured out the computer chip needed an update to fix the alarm bells but they can't find anything wrong with the transmission. It's also a very noisy van. Lots of rattling and road noise. I've owned lots of different makes of vehicles and will never go back to GM.

06 Terrazza with 3.9L V6
By mikeq on 05/02/10 09:42 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick Terraza CXL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Overall I think this is a good van. It has lots of room, very quite. Rides nice on highway. I have had no major problems, However Carl Black Buick performed some warranty work and did a very poor job.

Be Afraid...
By tampa-fl on 01/18/10 11:27 AM (PST)

2006 Buick Terraza CXL 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This was an emergency purchase (with Buick Rendevous trade-in...another GM horror story) for 2008 family summer trips. DVD system a plus with four kids; averaged 26 MPG highway driving...very comfortable seats. Lack of seating flexibility (no fold-down 3rd row seats, and 2nd row seats don't slide forward) a major minus. Removing 2nd/3rd row seats is hernia territory. Repairs in 18 months ownership: (1) replaced front stabilizer links ($270); (2) reprogram PCM to address extended crank time, Bulletin #05-06-04-076B ($90). Still fighting Dealer on the flickering headlamps & interior lights, Bulletin #05-06-03-003C, that may require either replacement voltage regulator or alternator (ouch)

Would buy again
By vbf on 07/28/09 17:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Terraza CXL 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We own the 1998 Pontiac Transport Montana and loved it. After 160K miles, we felt it was time to retire the Pontaic from daily driving. We bought the 06' Terraza fully-loaded, used, for a very good price...40% of MSRP when new with only 20K miles. Have owned the car for 8 months now and put 16K miles on it. Performs well with AWD on slick/snowy/icy roads, DVD is invaluable for kids and hubs when on long road trips and we can all listen through steareo speaker system. Also works great driving through construction job sites where I work. Loud cabin noise needs resolving and cup holder "platforms" need eliminating. They hinder access. Storage adequate. Tall theatre seats a hassle.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.