2005 Buick Terraza Consumer Review: Love it! Not enough cup holder

2005 Buick Terraza - Consumer Review

2005 Buick Terraza

Love it! Not enough cup holders though...
By silveeto on

2005 Buick Terraza CX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

UPDATE:
I've owned it for 3 years now and I still love it. It has had a few problems though. This chassis (terraza, relay, Uplander, and SV6) is notorious for wheel bearings going. I've been through two bearings on the front, both sides and on the back, one time, both sides. Ridiculous right? I'm handy, so they're easy enough to change, but come on.... seriously? Twice in 3 years?! Also, I had an ongoing issue with the ABS/traction/stability system light triggering. Took me a while to figure out - but it ended up being as simple as changing the wire harness that runs from the wheel hub to the computer. The wire is cheap and gets brittle over time and even though it looks "ok" the tiny wires inside fray and trip the system - haven't had an issue since replacing a couple years ago.

The stereo had weird road/static noises and I didn't like the stock deck anyway so I upgraded to a Kenwood GPS/DVD deck and it's been fantastic ever since as the stock speakers/sound is actually really decent. Hope this helps other owners. Despite the problems I really do still love driving it. Everything else about it has been great!

ORIGINAL REVIEW:
I just bought my Terraza recently. It has been maintained so well that I'm pretty sure a family of ghosts drove it. It smells like new car, not a stain or a worn spot to be found. At a low 90,000km it looks as though it could have 10km on the clock - so I'm very excited just at how clean it is.

In my time driving it, my only complaint is the transmission. Sometimes it doesn't seem to know what it wants to do. I stomp it for power on the highway and it launches into 6000rpm and sounds like it's about to explode. A little scary - I don't want to face a tranny rebuild so soon in our relationship. Aside from that, driving around town and so forth, she's the smoothest ride I've ever owned.

• Acceleration
  • Braking
  • Rain snow traction
  • Headlights
  • Climate control
  • Entertainment

• Shifting

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review