2005 Buick Terraza Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Terraza model:
Love my new Terraza
By Nebraska Owner on 12/20/05 06:02 AM (PST)

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL AWD 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Terraza is a dream to drive. Inside the cab is very quiet and the ride is comfortable. Dials are easy to read, 2 sliding doors are great. There are only a few minor design details that I would change if I were the designer ... the 3rd row seats are hard to lift once they have been lowered forward as there is no strap or handle to grip and lift..I'm short & would love "move forward" pedals to keep me back from the airbag..hotter heat. Compared to Honda's Odessy, and for the money, I have all the bells & whistles for a lot less. I find it is a exciting vehicle to drive. Gas Mileage about 16-17 mpg/city

Get more, pay less
By Dan on 12/12/05 10:36 AM (PST)

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL AWD 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My cousin has a Sienna. We knew the Toyota dealer, and we both test drove the Sienna. In the end, we could not bring ourselves to spend $5,000 more for a car that had fewer features than the Terraza. Dollar for dollar, the Terraza is a great buy! We've now had the car for 6 months. This is our third minivan (one Japanese, one American, all fully loaded) and I can tell you that this is the best one we've ever had! From the remote start to the wireless DVD player to the automatic doors to the dual climate control to all that storage space - Buick, you've hit a home run! Never mind that it also drives great and you can hear someone whisper at 70mph! Who needs an SUV? Great family car!

Overpriced for this vehicle
By tony on 11/23/05 22:19 PM (PST)

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Terrible build quality. Noisy,hard riding, terrible glove compartment. Middle seats don't adjust far enough. Engine underpowered. For the money buy the Honda Oddessy. Test drove it after I purchased the Buick, no comparison. Honda wins, big time. My mistake, I should of test drove the vehicle.

Many, Many Problems
By Cat on 10/20/05 08:14 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Yes, it does look nice and have many nice features, but the problems (11) I have had for the past seven months far outweigh the good. Neither Buick nor the dealer will do anything to compensate me for my loss of security in this vehicle. it The last and biggest problem was while driving on a major highway on a crowded Saturday afternoon, the steering completely locked up, the traction control light and service stability system lights came on, I had no ability to steer, use the gas or brake, the van kept swerving from side to side. Cause is faulty steering wheel sensor, but because of the other problems that were supposedly fixed but weren't, I will never feel safe in this vehicle again.

Don't buy one
By Lin Young on 10/13/05 23:55 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Unquestionably this is the worst GM product in recent history. Seats are like setting on a wood box, engine destroyed itself at 11,000 miles, ABS/Traction Control did not work for over 8 weeks. The horn button requires over 50 pounds to activate. It won't pull itself on level road in 4th gear. The seats will not adjust to anyone large or small. Middle seats are close to front even for a short person. The rear seat is not adjustable. We have owned over 25 GM vehicles over the last 30 years, this one is deplorable. The 1999 Oldsmobile we formerly owned was far superior to the Terraza.

DO NOT GET THIS VAN!
By Tony on 10/13/05 11:30 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This van has been in the shop a total of 6 weeks! Problems that I have encountered include: Transmission...terrible gas mileage-13- 14MPG...wind noise to sliding doors and rattling...radio went out...problem with chasis and tie rod on wheel (2 weeks in shop)

Great Vehicle
By Dave on 09/29/05 10:43 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love everything about this vehicle except that it is slightly underpowered. We just completed a 500 mile all interstate trip at 70 mph and got 26 mpg, 2 more than posted for this vehicle. It drives, handles and rides very well - feels more like a car than a minivan. Excellent storage and seating comfort. Vehicle now has 4000 miles and no problems thus far. The grandkids love it, especially the DVD setup.

Great car but under powered.
By Jerry C. Martin on 08/26/05 15:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I would rate the car at 9.2, and would give it a better rating if the car had a little more zip.

The Best Value: Terraza
By Michael Wilson on 08/24/05 11:08 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Before I purchased the Terraza, I evaluated 5 other mini-vans:Oddessey, Quest, Monterey, Sienna and Freestar. I feel the Terraza is the best value based on price, options and performance. It has a very quiet ride and the turning radius of a normal size car. It's very stable and doesn't have the typical "tippy" feel when rounding corners. The Terraza CXL has great interior styling with an SUV look outside. The rest of the vans have either dated exterior styling (egg look) or mini vans are now an after thought (second fiddle) to their SUV product. I'm very pleased with the purchase and I would reccommend this van to anyone.

2005 Terraza
By Ken on 08/11/05 15:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 1st minivan. I bought it so my 5 (soon to be 7) grandchildren could fit. I was impressed by the price, compared to Mercury & Chrysler, it was about $5,000 less. The car is very quiet (no need to shout so the people in the 3rd row can hear). The ride is super smooth, even in the 3rd row. All the seating is comfortable with plenty of leg room. I sat in all the rear seats before buying it, and was impressed by the passenger comfort (my sons & daughter are very tall, and they liked it). I wouldn't have bought the DVD at extra cost, but now I'm glad it's there...and my grandchildren are even happier. OnStar is a great necessity, especially for emergencies.