Used 2005 Buick Terraza Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Buick Terraza - Consumer Reviews

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan

View reviews for a specific Terraza model:

Yikes
By mmills

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL AWD 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Wish I had seen these reviews before we bought this. Lots of trouble--some of the same as others. The stability control also went out at about 7,000 miles. Nothing like the brakes slamming on when driving! Fixed now and no problems, but lots of tire, wheel issues now. Have to replace tires at 27,000 all hubs replaced. New tires aren't covered. Dealership blames on lack of rotating--seems like this is a problem on most. It is definitely a lemon but doesn't qualify as one.

Favorite Features

I loved so much about this van so I'm very disappointed in the problems! Seats comfortable. Lots of extras for the money. Great safety features. Was a quiet ride at one time! We so love/hate this automobile because it really does have great features. Love the back up sensor!

Suggested Improvements

Wish it had remote hatch. Fix the problems that seem prevalent and bring it back because it has some great features!

Whoa!
By iblocalca

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I picked this car because I had rented a similar vehicle while on vacation. I love the extras, and the car itself, but I have had nothing but problems with it. The stability and the steering system have been ongoing since I bought it. I was making a lane change at 65 mph on the freeway when the traction, stability went out and the brakes locked and I had no control of the van. I feel that safety is a big issue and I can't that my car feels safe anymore. It has been in the shop on and off for the time I have had it. The dealership has been great fixing these issues but they continue to happen and so I think it is now a dealership issue for me.

Favorite Features

Second row captain chairs, DVD player, third row seating comfortable, seat height, stereo system is great

Suggested Improvements

Automatic hatch back, two dvd players, better cup holders, fold down second seats, easier third row adjustment for storage.

Waste of Money
By Eric

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The Terraza was a great van for the first 6000 miles after that stuff started going wrong with it. The interior is very noisy. The back hatch rattles. The passenger power sliding door pops open after you close it. The anti-lock stabilitrak has a warning and service brakes soon message, and the dealer can't find the problem. There is a clunking noise coming from the left front. I had an Oldsmobile van that this van replaced, I wish the Buick was as nice as the Oldsmobile. I would not purchase another one.

Favorite Features

The exterior design is nice.

Suggested Improvements

Start over and look at the Honda and Toyota Mini Vans, they are doing something right!

Love my Terraza
By lovemyterraza

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I fell in love with this Terraza, but then again I love Buicks. Very comfortable, rides like a dream! Beautiful cherrywood grain interior trim, leather seats, and so much exterior chrome! I love shining things! Not as roomy as my fullsize conversion vans I owned back in the 80's, but that's when gas was dirt cheap.

Favorite Features

Seats, doors, backup system, DVD,radio, leather wrapped steering wheel, long two-toned colored dash, central air conditioning. OnStar,stabilizing rear suspension, holds the road great!

Suggested Improvements

Flat screen TV/wireless reception, 2 row seats needs more leg room and swivel out bucket seats, ceiling handles to hold on to, like the buick cars. Ashtrays,lighters, two arm rests on bucket seats in the front.I only have arm rests on the right sides and the door arm rest is to far away, not too comfy.

Mediocrity
By Deano

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We had the Terraza in the shop for the electric doors the second day we owned it. The build quality is less than satisfactory. However, the seats are very comfortable and the ride is smooth. The leather quality is superior on the seats. Overall, on a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give the Terraza a 6.

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats, excellent leather, excellent controls, attractive inside and out.

Suggested Improvements

Build quality is not up to par with competition. Too many rattles!