2005 Buick Terraza Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Terraza model:
Whoa!
By iblocalca on 05/02/08 14:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I picked this car because I had rented a similar vehicle while on vacation. I love the extras, and the car itself, but I have had nothing but problems with it. The stability and the steering system have been ongoing since I bought it. I was making a lane change at 65 mph on the freeway when the traction, stability went out and the brakes locked and I had no control of the van. I feel that safety is a big issue and I can't that my car feels safe anymore. It has been in the shop on and off for the time I have had it. The dealership has been great fixing these issues but they continue to happen and so I think it is now a dealership issue for me.

Waste of Money
By Eric on 08/08/07 19:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The Terraza was a great van for the first 6000 miles after that stuff started going wrong with it. The interior is very noisy. The back hatch rattles. The passenger power sliding door pops open after you close it. The anti-lock stabilitrak has a warning and service brakes soon message, and the dealer can't find the problem. There is a clunking noise coming from the left front. I had an Oldsmobile van that this van replaced, I wish the Buick was as nice as the Oldsmobile. I would not purchase another one.

Love my Terraza
By lovemyterraza on 07/07/07 22:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I fell in love with this Terraza, but then again I love Buicks. Very comfortable, rides like a dream! Beautiful cherrywood grain interior trim, leather seats, and so much exterior chrome! I love shining things! Not as roomy as my fullsize conversion vans I owned back in the 80's, but that's when gas was dirt cheap.

Mediocrity
By Deano on 05/24/07 21:02 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We had the Terraza in the shop for the electric doors the second day we owned it. The build quality is less than satisfactory. However, the seats are very comfortable and the ride is smooth. The leather quality is superior on the seats. Overall, on a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give the Terraza a 6.

I'm happy
By Mark Lamb on 05/24/07 01:14 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

For a minivan, it's super quiet. Sometimes the only sound is kids laughing in back, enjoying a DVD with the wireless headphones. Performance is adequate, downshifts nicely. Handling is very good for a vehicle of this type. Drives more like a sedan than a van.

2005 Terreza
By darin on 03/16/07 15:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Have had bad front brakes at 18,000. Dealer told me that the pads had heat glazed and wanted $290 for new pads. Put new pads on myself. Car still shaking when braking at 25,000 miles. Headlights and dashlights flicker when accelerating. Replaced radio and DVD player once at 10,000 miles. Not happy with it overall

Very surprised
By Rob on 01/03/07 18:27 PM (PST)

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I never heard of a Terraza until I found a used one on the the lot of my local Chevy dealer. The vehicle had 13,000 miles on it and was showroom new. It had everything i was looking for and I was hooked after the test drive. It rides smooth and has plenty of power. The 3.5L engine is not going to blow anyone's doors off, but it cruises effortlessly at 80 mph. The interior and exterior styling are very sharp and it has plenty of standard options like dual climate control power sliding doors, power seats and a dvd player. I have not noticed any of the problems indicated in other reviews such as lack of room, power, or road noise that interferes with conversations. It rides like a Caddy!

Interesting Van
By Brian on 11/28/06 06:38 AM (PST)

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We had a few problems when we purchased the vehicle, but GM fixed them all and gave a replacement vehicle to drive. After all the issues were resolved, there still are a few annoying squeaks coming from the CD/radio panel. It needs a little more attention to the interior sound detail. A little disappointing to the Buick line. Overall, it's been fun to drive. Though the cruise control does not work very well either. GM is still working on this issue. It carries the family well to get togethers and the DVD player works very good. It certainly is an upgrade from the Pontiac Montana we drove around.

My car is great
By donald szanyi on 08/21/06 01:55 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is the very best automobile I have ever owned. I am 56 years old. I have had 5 Chrysler minivans and they do not compare to this van in comfort or style.

Pros and Cons to the Terraza
By Stephen Shorter on 07/15/06 20:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The Terraza rides great, has very comfortable seats, and drives very well. However, the driver's side sliding door rattles even after three attempts to the dealer to fix it. I have found the carpeting to be subpar for a Buick. It is extremely difficult, if not impossible to clean. I recommend Scotchgarding the carpet on day one. We owned two Chrysler Town and Country vans prior to the Buick. I must say the Chryslers were superior to the Buick, although the Buick rides better and has more comfortable seats. In summary - some aspects of the Terraza we really like and some we don't.