Used 2005 Buick Terraza Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Terraza model:

Great car for travel!
By fred154

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car is sensational for comfortable long distance travel whether just for the two of us or when we take other adults up to six on a trip. It even beats our Lincoln Town Car for a comfortable long distance trip. Besides being handy to haul bulky items too large for an auto's trunk, it has an elegant interior. In 90,000 miles, we have had to replace one front wheel bearing and one rear hub. Otherwise, only normal maintenance has been required. I don't want to give this car up since there is no suitable replacement on the market now.

Memory power seat, cruise control, handy cupholders, height of seats, DVD player in rear, dual air conditioner, comfortable ride, woodgrain trim, leather seats, overhead storage, easy folding of rear seats, easy access to rear seats without having to fold seats.

Some kind of handle to lift third seats, making the front grill all chrome, making it easier to remove second row of seats. Buick should bring back the minivan. There are thousands of willing buyers!

Great car for travel!
By Fred

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought new in January,2005, our car now has 83,000 miles and has performed flawlessly. We have made several trips of more than 900 miles in one day with trade-off of drivers, and the comfort of its seats make that no problem. Mileage on trips is usually about 23 MPG, more at lower speeds. No repairs required except rear hubs became warped and noisy at 50,000 miles. Tires had to be replaced at 60,000 miles- good but not the 81,000 miles our 98 Oldsmobile van got. The interior design is very classy and car has many quality features. We wish GM would make more vans and not push everyone towards SUV's which are not nearly as economical and versatile.

DVD player with headsets, memory seats, comfortable seating, storage space, computer information system, chrome trim on exterior, power doors, 2 tone dash, and storage compartment behind rear seats.

Nearly impossible to blow horn - needs a horn button. Grill bars on front should have been chrome Outside temperature and compass would be more visible on rear view mirror or on radio dial.

Big mistake!
By Dan

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the van used in 2008 (58,000 mi.) Traded in Jeep Commander which just didn't have enough room for my family. Big Mistake! Nothing but problems. Drivers side power door had been "fixed" six times now. Yeah, right. Number seven is right around the corner. Tranny slipping horribly. Radio turns off by it self at random. Headlights flicker. Heated seats do not work anymore. Pass. power seat broken. Carpet stains very easy. Door handles break often. The only thing that works right is the DVD system. I have owned over 20 vehicles. This is the worst ever! And having major dealership problems now too.

DVD with I/R headsets. Remote start. Comfortable on long distances. Good MPG. Long range on tank of gas. Good in snow when traction control is turned off.

The best improvement was discontinuing the model. Dealerships have NO idea how to fix any of the problems. I am done with GM all together now.

CXL should mean Crap Xtra Large.
By Dan

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the van in Sept. 2008 to replace a Jeep Commander (Which I loved! But didn't have the room for 3 kids and all the stuff associated with them). I have to say, I am truly dissapointed with Buick and GM in general. I have had the van in the dealer 6 times for a reoccurring problem with drivers side power sliding door not closing and sending a constant alarm. Even when van is turned off, still alarms. Dealer DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO FIX IT! Just keeps resetting an adjustment and I'm back again a few months later. The service advisor told me today "There is a reason Buick stopped making this van, you should have read reviews before buying this piece of crap."

DVD system and wireless headsets. Comfortable for long trips. Easy to remove seats for storage. Great MPG for a van. Kids love it, they are separated!

Best thing GM did was to stop production of this van. Stick with mid-level luxury cars, they are good. Vans are not your thing Buick. GM, re-evaluate who you have promoting your service, you will have happier customers, GUARANTEED!

Terreza
By Sara

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I hate this car! I bought it used, but within 6 months I had lights coming on, and was told it's a dirty sensor and to put $10 fuel additive in it every time I get gas, which is once a week. Now, I've had it for 2 years, spent $1000 on fuel additive and more lights are coming on. The remote start stopped working, the gas gauge stopped working and guess what, warranty's expired. $1500 min if I want it fixed. I am looking to trade it in!

DVD player in back for kids, but the head phones are all broken.

Just don't make anymore, EVER!

• SUV