2005 Buick Terraza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Terraza model:
The Ultimate Minivan
By Brian on 07/16/10 11:22 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick Terraza CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My wife swore she would never drive a minivan, unless it was a Buick. We have no regrets. Buick has done a terrific job building this classy, well built versatile vehicle.

No problems here
By kirkdouglas on 02/13/10 10:58 AM (PST)

2005 Buick Terraza CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I Got this van at a low cost, so i was willing to check it out no matter what other people said in there reviews. I have to say that it has been nothing but good times for me and my family, no problems to speak about.

Love my 2005 Platinum Edition Terraza
By Richard on 09/07/09 22:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Terraza CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I said I would never own a minivan, and was in the market for midsize SUV when I saw and test drove my new 2005 Platinum Edition Terraza 4 yrs ago. I fell in love at first sight. Mine is fully decked with every possible option including 17 inch chrome wheels. I've owned many vehicles in the past, but none of them have been as multi-functional as this big shiny Buick. Whether it's used for Home Depot, greenhouses, people hauling thru Rocky Mountains, or driving to the theatre, this van does it with ease and finesse. It has enough power when fully loaded while making my way home from vacations. It does not have the roar of my Mercedes, but I did not buy it for that reason.

What is not broken?
By HORRIBLE VECHICLE on 06/28/09 15:10 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Terraza CX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

1)Oil leak between transmission and engine. 2)Electrical problems:Alternator and battery replaced because headlights and interior lights were dimming and going bright.3) Radio replaced due to background noise. DVD player had background noise still after noise suppressor added to +12Volt line.4) Stability control module replaced. 5) Electronic brake module replaced. 6) Power window control module replaced due to retaining clips broken. 7) Wind noise present: replaced sliding door molding. Still had it. 8) Ground effects coming off. 9) Something rolling around loose in steering wheel. Most failures occurred by 16,000 miles. The rest occurred before 30,000 miles. Do not trust this van!!

Love This Van! Even After Nearly 4 Years
By Butteview on 05/06/09 15:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Terraza CX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I replaced a GMC Suburban with this van. I needed lots of cargo space and this has just 1.5 cubic feet less than my Suburban with the middle seats out and the rear seats folded flat. The storage in the rear, appearance and features sold me on this car. According to the computer, I get just a little better mileage than on the sticker. 18+/24+. I get especially good mileage on the highway. Accelerating really seems to burn gas. I got this van to take to dog shows and it is perfect. Mine has everything but heated leather seats. I would ordered that. I did not get good service from this particular Dealer.

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!
By Tina on 04/25/09 06:53 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick Terraza CXL AWD 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Day I purchased brand new, brakes went out, Dealer kept my van 2 months, the excuse "the part had not come in from oversea's" My door has never shut properly, it's noisy, I complained about banging under van, Dealer said its normal, another shop said it was the engine gears lose. When I start the car it keeps turning as if I was still starting sometimes it won't start at all and I have to try again, the dealership said that was normal. It's run out of gas 4 times, because I parked at angle I have had other buick terraza owners stop me in parking lots and ask about the same problems I was having, This van, USELESS and dealers blow off ALL the problems with it! I have the paperwork to proveit

Hey, It's a van--but it's not that bad
By Karla on 04/08/09 21:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Terraza CXL AWD 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I was one of those people who NEVER thought that I would ever own a minivan. I was (and still am) an SUV woman all the way! THEN, I had two kids and want more...and I am constantly hauling around my twin nephews, so it just became necessary. The only thing I hate about this vehicle is that it is minivan and not...well, anything other than a minivan. It has been great for getting a lot of kids where they need to go and has been very reliable so far. I haven't had it long, but I felt the need to tell anyone who wanted to know that this vehicle has had no major problems and hasn't given me anything to complain about so far. I am very pleased with it.

Dont buy one
By wayne on 03/05/09 13:49 PM (PST)

2005 Buick Terraza CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We like the van but have had to much trouble with it. I want go into averything but the biggest this is what were having trouble as I write this. The starter keeps on turning after the motor cranks. It will stop the motor dead. You hae to crank it again and sometimes it takes three times befor you can drive. Have had it back three times and today was told it was a normal thing this van does and would have to live with it. Can you beleave that. Buick want install a new starter and its still under the 36 thousand ,3 year coverage. Guess we will be useing the North Carolina lemon law. Going to give them a few more days.Dont Buy one. You will be sorry.

Van has been good
By R Shipp on 01/20/09 22:40 PM (PST)

2005 Buick Terraza CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This has been one of the better vans I have driven. Handles well in the Canadian winters and is very stable on the highway. Though I do mostly highway diving the mileage is great for this size of vehicle. 30 to 34 MPG(CDN) & 18 MPG in the city. I have not had any of the problems that I have seen written or heard about. Though I did feel the brakes needed replacing much sooner than I expected. I have noticed the road noise is getting louder and there are a few rattles here and there and I feel the temperature may have somethin to do with it. The warmer it is the less the noise.

Yikes
By mmills on 07/18/08 21:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Terraza CXL AWD 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Wish I had seen these reviews before we bought this. Lots of trouble--some of the same as others. The stability control also went out at about 7,000 miles. Nothing like the brakes slamming on when driving! Fixed now and no problems, but lots of tire, wheel issues now. Have to replace tires at 27,000 all hubs replaced. New tires aren't covered. Dealership blames on lack of rotating--seems like this is a problem on most. It is definitely a lemon but doesn't qualify as one.