Used 2005 Buick Terraza Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Buick Terraza - Consumer Reviews

2005 Buick Terraza

View reviews for a specific Terraza model:

Most Helpful|
Waste of Money
By Eric

2005 Buick Terraza CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The Terraza was a great van for the first 6000 miles after that stuff started going wrong with it. The interior is very noisy. The back hatch rattles. The passenger power sliding door pops open after you close it. The anti-lock stabilitrak has a warning and service brakes soon message, and the dealer can't find the problem. There is a clunking noise coming from the left front. I had an Oldsmobile van that this van replaced, I wish the Buick was as nice as the Oldsmobile. I would not purchase another one.

Favorite Features

The exterior design is nice.

Suggested Improvements

Start over and look at the Honda and Toyota Mini Vans, they are doing something right!

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!
By Tina

2005 Buick Terraza CXL AWD 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Day I purchased brand new, brakes went out, Dealer kept my van 2 months, the excuse "the part had not come in from oversea's" My door has never shut properly, it's noisy, I complained about banging under van, Dealer said its normal, another shop said it was the engine gears lose. When I start the car it keeps turning as if I was still starting sometimes it won't start at all and I have to try again, the dealership said that was normal. It's run out of gas 4 times, because I parked at angle I have had other buick terraza owners stop me in parking lots and ask about the same problems I was having, This van, USELESS and dealers blow off ALL the problems with it! I have the paperwork to proveit

Favorite Features

I purchased this van because of all the great discounts, 10,000 off and "0" percent financing, the only thing I liked was the price, buyer beware, if there is a BIG discount, there is something wrong!

Suggested Improvements

Stop making this van, You listened because in 2007, they stopped making them! Don't Buy, Don't Buy, Don't Buy! If someone would have saved me from purchasing this van with a good review like this, I would not be on this page warning you right now!

Don't buy one
By Lin Young

2005 Buick Terraza CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Unquestionably this is the worst GM product in recent history. Seats are like setting on a wood box, engine destroyed itself at 11,000 miles, ABS/Traction Control did not work for over 8 weeks. The horn button requires over 50 pounds to activate. It won't pull itself on level road in 4th gear. The seats will not adjust to anyone large or small. Middle seats are close to front even for a short person. The rear seat is not adjustable. We have owned over 25 GM vehicles over the last 30 years, this one is deplorable. The 1999 Oldsmobile we formerly owned was far superior to the Terraza.

2005 Terreza
By darin

2005 Buick Terraza CX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Have had bad front brakes at 18,000. Dealer told me that the pads had heat glazed and wanted $290 for new pads. Put new pads on myself. Car still shaking when braking at 25,000 miles. Headlights and dashlights flicker when accelerating. Replaced radio and DVD player once at 10,000 miles. Not happy with it overall

Favorite Features

DVD player, air compressor in back

What is not broken?
By HORRIBLE VECHICLE

2005 Buick Terraza CX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

1)Oil leak between transmission and engine. 2)Electrical problems:Alternator and battery replaced because headlights and interior lights were dimming and going bright.3) Radio replaced due to background noise. DVD player had background noise still after noise suppressor added to +12Volt line.4) Stability control module replaced. 5) Electronic brake module replaced. 6) Power window control module replaced due to retaining clips broken. 7) Wind noise present: replaced sliding door molding. Still had it. 8) Ground effects coming off. 9) Something rolling around loose in steering wheel. Most failures occurred by 16,000 miles. The rest occurred before 30,000 miles. Do not trust this van!!

Favorite Features

1) DVD Player. 2) Backup sensors. 3)Duel powered sliding doors. 4)Remote engine start.

Suggested Improvements

1) Better drink holders. Drink holders could not accommodate different cup sizes and 20oz drinks. 2) Entrance to 3rd row seats needs improvement. 3) Better storage of 3rd row seats. They take up to much room when laid down. 4) Space between front seats and 2nd row seats is not adequate.