Used 2005 Buick Terraza CXL Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Terraza model:

Most trouble prone car I've ever owned
By Mike I

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Let me start by saying that I have owned some of the most unreliable makes on the road. Fiats, Alfas, Jaguars, etc. The Buicke Terraza, which we purchased new in 2005, has been the worst by far. It now has 145k miles on it. I would have unloaded it years ago but after each expensive repair you think, "what else can go wrong?" The Terraza never fails to answer that question. In the years since we have owned it, let's see. It has had the transmission fail twice. It has used about a quart of oil every 1,000 miles since it was new. GM says that is is within normal usage parameters. Hmm, I have had other vehicles with 300k on the odometer that use essentially nothing every 3k miles. Have replaced every single suspension component, front and rear, at least once. Front brake rotors are essentially an annual replacement. Dow not matter what brand rotor or pads, the rotors eventually warp. Let's look at the components driven by the serpentine belt. Water pump, AC compressor, alternator, power steering pump. Yup, every one of those has been replaced. All sorts of electrical issues almost since new. CV axles. Yes. This as well. Exhaust. Ok, that lasted a long time so not too bad. Heater core leak. Been there, done that. Leather cracking at front seats and arm rests. Yes, also a crack in the dash. Steering rack. Yes. Last month as a matter of fact. Engine mounts. If your Terraza has lots of noise and harshness, these arprobanpy shot. I maintain all my vehicles extremely well and they tend to last a very long time. Frequent fluid changes, interior / exterior detailing, etc. Who knows what other problems this lemon would have if not maintained It is reaonably quiet. Engine is harsh and could use a few more HP. Highway mileage is decent, around town about the same as my V8 SUV. Front seats are comfortable, rear seats have terrible leg room, third row is difficult to access. Front cup holders fall apart, few poor outlets poorly located. Even though we now have a "new GM" my experience with the Terraza has left me saying, never again.

Loaded Lemon
By kyukido

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We've owned it for about 3 years now. The car came loaded with all the accessories (DVD, electric heated leather seats, electric doors). It does have a good engine, and nice acceleration but other than that, it's the worst lemon of a car I've ever owned. We bought this car used and have had nothing but problems with it. The DVD player stopped working after about two years. The steering leaks, one sliding door doesn't work at all anymore, not even manually! The fob stopped working (even with a new battery), the strap to close the back gate broke, the warning bell that a door may be open goes off when you go over a bump and there's NOTHING you can do to make it stop. The door lock button had to be replaced, the driver side window fell off its track. The catalytic converter needs to be replaced. The rear gate leaks. Climate controls are HORRIBLE. It's impossible to keep the windows free and clear of frost in the winter. God forbid you try to change a headlight or turn signal on this thing yourself. It truly amazes me that I don't see more people complaining about this car.

Front End and Electrical Problems
By dinnages

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Although we bought this vehicle second hand with just over 100k it has had front end and electrical issues constantly that no one can fix. The computer has had to be disconected to keep the brakes from coming on while driving, no one could figure this out and all related it to the computer. Front end problems, electrical problems that no one including GM can figure out. The vehicle is comfortable to drive, but the headaches have been more then enough. Stay away from this vehicle.

interior, comfort

get rid of vehicles with computers not only in this vehicle but all vehicles, go back to the basics when cars could easily be repaired.

Luxury for Mommy
By blastcap

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my buick for nearly 2 years and I love it! It's a smooth ride. Love the interior. very reliable. Have not had any problems so far. great for the kids, roomy. Great for traveling. only downfall is the gas mileage. I get about 15mpg city and not much more hwy. the automatic sliding doors are convenient but when you hit a bump in the road the door will un-latch, causing an ever so annoying alarm to sound until you put the car in park and shut the door. no regrets buying this vehicle.Treat yourself moms and buy this car!

Great car for travel!
By fred154

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car is sensational for comfortable long distance travel whether just for the two of us or when we take other adults up to six on a trip. It even beats our Lincoln Town Car for a comfortable long distance trip. Besides being handy to haul bulky items too large for an auto's trunk, it has an elegant interior. In 90,000 miles, we have had to replace one front wheel bearing and one rear hub. Otherwise, only normal maintenance has been required. I don't want to give this car up since there is no suitable replacement on the market now.

Memory power seat, cruise control, handy cupholders, height of seats, DVD player in rear, dual air conditioner, comfortable ride, woodgrain trim, leather seats, overhead storage, easy folding of rear seats, easy access to rear seats without having to fold seats.

Some kind of handle to lift third seats, making the front grill all chrome, making it easier to remove second row of seats. Buick should bring back the minivan. There are thousands of willing buyers!

• SUV