2005 Buick Terraza Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Terraza model:
Luxury for Mommy
By blastcap on 12/06/11 13:41 PM (PST)

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my buick for nearly 2 years and I love it! It's a smooth ride. Love the interior. very reliable. Have not had any problems so far. great for the kids, roomy. Great for traveling. only downfall is the gas mileage. I get about 15mpg city and not much more hwy. the automatic sliding doors are convenient but when you hit a bump in the road the door will un-latch, causing an ever so annoying alarm to sound until you put the car in park and shut the door. no regrets buying this vehicle.Treat yourself moms and buy this car!

Great car for travel!
By fred154 on 07/06/11 18:29 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car is sensational for comfortable long distance travel whether just for the two of us or when we take other adults up to six on a trip. It even beats our Lincoln Town Car for a comfortable long distance trip. Besides being handy to haul bulky items too large for an auto's trunk, it has an elegant interior. In 90,000 miles, we have had to replace one front wheel bearing and one rear hub. Otherwise, only normal maintenance has been required. I don't want to give this car up since there is no suitable replacement on the market now.

Great car for travel!
By Fred on 09/03/10 14:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought new in January,2005, our car now has 83,000 miles and has performed flawlessly. We have made several trips of more than 900 miles in one day with trade-off of drivers, and the comfort of its seats make that no problem. Mileage on trips is usually about 23 MPG, more at lower speeds. No repairs required except rear hubs became warped and noisy at 50,000 miles. Tires had to be replaced at 60,000 miles- good but not the 81,000 miles our 98 Oldsmobile van got. The interior design is very classy and car has many quality features. We wish GM would make more vans and not push everyone towards SUV's which are not nearly as economical and versatile.

Big mistake!
By Dan on 08/31/10 06:41 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the van used in 2008 (58,000 mi.) Traded in Jeep Commander which just didn't have enough room for my family. Big Mistake! Nothing but problems. Drivers side power door had been "fixed" six times now. Yeah, right. Number seven is right around the corner. Tranny slipping horribly. Radio turns off by it self at random. Headlights flicker. Heated seats do not work anymore. Pass. power seat broken. Carpet stains very easy. Door handles break often. The only thing that works right is the DVD system. I have owned over 20 vehicles. This is the worst ever! And having major dealership problems now too.

CXL should mean Crap Xtra Large.
By Dan on 08/30/10 11:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the van in Sept. 2008 to replace a Jeep Commander (Which I loved! But didn't have the room for 3 kids and all the stuff associated with them). I have to say, I am truly dissapointed with Buick and GM in general. I have had the van in the dealer 6 times for a reoccurring problem with drivers side power sliding door not closing and sending a constant alarm. Even when van is turned off, still alarms. Dealer DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO FIX IT! Just keeps resetting an adjustment and I'm back again a few months later. The service advisor told me today "There is a reason Buick stopped making this van, you should have read reviews before buying this piece of crap."

Terreza
By Sara on 08/09/10 14:20 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I hate this car! I bought it used, but within 6 months I had lights coming on, and was told it's a dirty sensor and to put $10 fuel additive in it every time I get gas, which is once a week. Now, I've had it for 2 years, spent $1000 on fuel additive and more lights are coming on. The remote start stopped working, the gas gauge stopped working and guess what, warranty's expired. $1500 min if I want it fixed. I am looking to trade it in!

The Ultimate Minivan
By Brian on 07/16/10 11:22 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My wife swore she would never drive a minivan, unless it was a Buick. We have no regrets. Buick has done a terrific job building this classy, well built versatile vehicle.

No problems here
By kirkdouglas on 02/13/10 10:58 AM (PST)

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I Got this van at a low cost, so i was willing to check it out no matter what other people said in there reviews. I have to say that it has been nothing but good times for me and my family, no problems to speak about.

Love my 2005 Platinum Edition Terraza
By Richard on 09/07/09 22:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I said I would never own a minivan, and was in the market for midsize SUV when I saw and test drove my new 2005 Platinum Edition Terraza 4 yrs ago. I fell in love at first sight. Mine is fully decked with every possible option including 17 inch chrome wheels. I've owned many vehicles in the past, but none of them have been as multi-functional as this big shiny Buick. Whether it's used for Home Depot, greenhouses, people hauling thru Rocky Mountains, or driving to the theatre, this van does it with ease and finesse. It has enough power when fully loaded while making my way home from vacations. It does not have the roar of my Mercedes, but I did not buy it for that reason.

Dont buy one
By wayne on 03/05/09 13:49 PM (PST)

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We like the van but have had to much trouble with it. I want go into averything but the biggest this is what were having trouble as I write this. The starter keeps on turning after the motor cranks. It will stop the motor dead. You hae to crank it again and sometimes it takes three times befor you can drive. Have had it back three times and today was told it was a normal thing this van does and would have to live with it. Can you beleave that. Buick want install a new starter and its still under the 36 thousand ,3 year coverage. Guess we will be useing the North Carolina lemon law. Going to give them a few more days.Dont Buy one. You will be sorry.

1 2 3 4 5 next »