Used 2005 Buick Terraza CXL Minivan Consumer Reviews - 51 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan - Consumer Reviews

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan

View reviews for a specific Terraza model:

nickles and dimes my %*# hundreds and thousands
By Brand Hirsch

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

In the past I have had good luck with Buick's. This is not the case with my Terraza. We bought it new in 2005. First 2 years were good, no repairs no problems. From the third year to present we have had nothing but problems. First problem luckily was still covered under warranty. The van kept dying on us or, would not start intermittently with, this issue we had it in the dealership 3 times and, once to a very good independent mechanic. first 2 times dealership replaced fuel pump, computer, multiple relays, and the computer a second time. We took it to the independent the third time he said he could find nothing wrong and, we need to take it back to the dealership since it was under warranty and, charged us a very minimal fee. The dealership replaced multiple parts. I DO HAVE TO COMMEND THEM as, there are clearly issues electrically and mechanically from the factory that are extremely difficult to solve. CV joint failure, big time suspension issues in the rear witch the dealership worked on three time the 3rd year, they never got it right, road like a buckboard for months. They finally got the rear suspension to feel like a 3/4 ton truck witch was a big improvement. constant traction control issues, stability, rotor,, rear dvd player, headlights, taillights, dash cracks ,broken door handles issues, trim falling off, doors not opening or closing, interior cracking breaking falling apart. My god man, I need to go back and change my review, until I started listing the issues I did not realize what a true P.O.S. this mini van really is, mechanically. I have been working on it myself for the last few years there is no way a person could justify shop rates for as many times it needs work. I am a pretty fair hand at fixing cars and, I'm here to tell you this thing is a nightmare. never, never, never, consider buying one, don't even take one as a gift you cant afford the repairs. With this being said, it is a very sharp mini van with good power and mileage. We loved everything about it I, bragged to my friends and family for the first 3 years. It could have been one of the favorite vehicle's that I had owned, if it had not turned into a unbelievably unreliable basket case. Great concept poor execution G.M.

Most trouble prone car I've ever owned
By Mike I

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Let me start by saying that I have owned some of the most unreliable makes on the road. Fiats, Alfas, Jaguars, etc. The Buicke Terraza, which we purchased new in 2005, has been the worst by far.

It now has 145k miles on it. I would have unloaded it years ago but after each expensive repair you think, "what else can go wrong?" The Terraza never fails to answer that question.

In the years since we have owned it, let's see.

It has had the transmission fail twice.

It has used about a quart of oil every 1,000 miles since it was new. GM says that is is within normal usage parameters. Hmm, I have had other vehicles with 300k on the odometer that use essentially nothing every 3k miles.

Have replaced every single suspension component, front and rear, at least once.

Front brake rotors are essentially an annual replacement. Dow not matter what brand rotor or pads, the rotors eventually warp.

Let's look at the components driven by the serpentine belt. Water pump, AC compressor, alternator, power steering pump. Yup, every one of those has been replaced.

All sorts of electrical issues almost since new.

CV axles. Yes. This as well.

Exhaust. Ok, that lasted a long time so not too bad.

Heater core leak. Been there, done that.

Leather cracking at front seats and arm rests. Yes, also a crack in the dash.

Steering rack. Yes. Last month as a matter of fact.

Engine mounts. If your Terraza has lots of noise and harshness, these arprobanpy shot.

I maintain all my vehicles extremely well and they tend to last a very long time. Frequent fluid changes, interior / exterior detailing, etc. Who knows what other problems this lemon would have if not maintained

It is reaonably quiet. Engine is harsh and could use a few more HP. Highway mileage is decent, around town about the same as my V8 SUV. Front seats are comfortable, rear seats have terrible leg room, third row is difficult to access. Front cup holders fall apart, few poor outlets poorly located.

Even though we now have a "new GM" my experience with the Terraza has left me saying, never again.

Front End and Electrical Problems
By dinnages

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Although we bought this vehicle second hand with just over 100k it has had front end and electrical issues constantly that no one can fix. The computer has had to be disconected to keep the brakes from coming on while driving, no one could figure this out and all related it to the computer. Front end problems, electrical problems that no one including GM can figure out. The vehicle is comfortable to drive, but the headaches have been more then enough. Stay away from this vehicle.

interior, comfort

get rid of vehicles with computers not only in this vehicle but all vehicles, go back to the basics when cars could easily be repaired.

Luxury for Mommy
By blastcap

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my buick for nearly 2 years and I love it! It's a smooth ride. Love the interior. very reliable. Have not had any problems so far. great for the kids, roomy. Great for traveling. only downfall is the gas mileage. I get about 15mpg city and not much more hwy. the automatic sliding doors are convenient but when you hit a bump in the road the door will un-latch, causing an ever so annoying alarm to sound until you put the car in park and shut the door. no regrets buying this vehicle.Treat yourself moms and buy this car!

Great car for travel!
By fred154

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car is sensational for comfortable long distance travel whether just for the two of us or when we take other adults up to six on a trip.
It even beats our Lincoln Town Car for a comfortable long distance trip.
Besides being handy to haul bulky items too large for an auto's trunk, it has an elegant interior.
In 90,000 miles, we have had to replace one front wheel bearing and one rear hub.
Otherwise, only normal maintenance has been required.
I don't want to give this car up since there is no suitable replacement on the market now.

Memory power seat, cruise control, handy cupholders, height of seats, DVD player in rear, dual air conditioner, comfortable ride, woodgrain trim, leather seats, overhead storage, easy folding of rear seats, easy access to rear seats without having to fold seats.

Some kind of handle to lift third seats, making the front grill all chrome, making it easier to remove second row of seats. Buick should bring back the minivan. There are thousands of willing buyers!