Used 2005 Buick Terraza CX Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Buick Terraza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Terraza model:

Most Helpful|
What is not broken?
By HORRIBLE VECHICLE

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

1)Oil leak between transmission and engine. 2)Electrical problems:Alternator and battery replaced because headlights and interior lights were dimming and going bright.3) Radio replaced due to background noise. DVD player had background noise still after noise suppressor added to +12Volt line.4) Stability control module replaced. 5) Electronic brake module replaced. 6) Power window control module replaced due to retaining clips broken. 7) Wind noise present: replaced sliding door molding. Still had it. 8) Ground effects coming off. 9) Something rolling around loose in steering wheel. Most failures occurred by 16,000 miles. The rest occurred before 30,000 miles. Do not trust this van!!

Favorite Features

1) DVD Player. 2) Backup sensors. 3)Duel powered sliding doors. 4)Remote engine start.

Suggested Improvements

1) Better drink holders. Drink holders could not accommodate different cup sizes and 20oz drinks. 2) Entrance to 3rd row seats needs improvement. 3) Better storage of 3rd row seats. They take up to much room when laid down. 4) Space between front seats and 2nd row seats is not adequate.

Love it! Not enough cup holders though...
By silveeto

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought my Terraza recently. It has been maintained so well that I'm pretty sure a family of ghosts drove it. It smells like new car, not a stain or a worn spot to be found. At a low 90,000km it looks as though it could have 10km on the clock - so I'm very excited just at how clean it is. In my time driving it, my only complaint is the transmission. Sometimes it doesn't seem to know what it wants to do. I stomp it for power on the highway and it launches into 6000rpm and sounds like it's about to explode. A little scary - I don't want to face a tranny rebuild so soon in our relationship. Aside from that, driving around town and so forth, she's the smoothest ride I've ever owned.

Favorite Features

Well, first and foremost, I love the autostart - it will become an invaluable feature come winter. Next, the power sliding door is nice although I see a lot of complaints on here regarding the power doors, so hopefully mine continues working as well as it has been. The van as a whole is just SO aesthetically pleasing. It's a handsome vehicle in AND out. I'm a little dumbfounded as to why it needs 500 cup holders though, lol. Regardless, it offers a lot of nice features and has a quality feel to it.

Suggested Improvements

The transmission ought to be reconfigured to not be so spastic when moving at highway speeds. It feels very jumpy, low is too low, but fast sounds like the motor is going to blow. Around town it's amazing, but anything involving highway speeds makes me feel like I need to nurse it and carefully baby it over the hills or else risk damaging it.

Nothing but trouble
By jmacokc

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I was drawn to the Buick Terraza because it had lots of bells and whistles and low miles (29K). I have owned this vehicle for a little over 2 years and it has been nothing but a pain. Have replaced Wheel Hub Assemblies and control arms twice. Replaced lift gate struts at 50k. Automatic door stopped working and warning bell continuously dings while driving unless fuse for radio is pulled. ABS, Stability Control and Traction Control warning lights come on for no reason. DVD player gets hot to the touch. Plastic molding on the doors has come off. I have regular & scheduled maintenance done and drive it with respect. Do yourself a favor stay away from this vehicle.

Favorite Features

Dvd player, wood grain, roomy, nice interior, not bad gas mileage, cup holders.

Suggested Improvements

I'm just glad they don't make this vehicle any longer. Electrical and front end issues. Major design flaws in those areas.

I'm happy
By Mark Lamb

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

For a minivan, it's super quiet. Sometimes the only sound is kids laughing in back, enjoying a DVD with the wireless headphones. Performance is adequate, downshifts nicely. Handling is very good for a vehicle of this type. Drives more like a sedan than a van.

Favorite Features

Left right and rear heating controls, storage, fold down rear seats, built in air compressor

Suggested Improvements

Wish the model I bought had the exterior air filter

Love This Van! Even After Nearly 4 Years
By Butteview

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I replaced a GMC Suburban with this van. I needed lots of cargo space and this has just 1.5 cubic feet less than my Suburban with the middle seats out and the rear seats folded flat. The storage in the rear, appearance and features sold me on this car. According to the computer, I get just a little better mileage than on the sticker. 18+/24+. I get especially good mileage on the highway. Accelerating really seems to burn gas. I got this van to take to dog shows and it is perfect. Mine has everything but heated leather seats. I would ordered that. I did not get good service from this particular Dealer.

Favorite Features

Styling, storage, great mileage for the cargo capacity. Electric back doors on both sides is extremely handy and they do have child locks.

Suggested Improvements

The next year they added power rear doors (good idea), I would have liked to be able not to have the DVD player as I only haul dogs. I can't take out or install the middle seats by myself so that could be improved.