2005 Buick Terraza Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Terraza model:
Love it! Not enough cup holders though...
By silveeto on 04/17/13 18:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought my Terraza recently. It has been maintained so well that I'm pretty sure a family of ghosts drove it. It smells like new car, not a stain or a worn spot to be found. At a low 90,000km it looks as though it could have 10km on the clock - so I'm very excited just at how clean it is. In my time driving it, my only complaint is the transmission. Sometimes it doesn't seem to know what it wants to do. I stomp it for power on the highway and it launches into 6000rpm and sounds like it's about to explode. A little scary - I don't want to face a tranny rebuild so soon in our relationship. Aside from that, driving around town and so forth, she's the smoothest ride I've ever owned.

Nothing but trouble
By jmacokc on 11/06/11 19:12 PM (PST)

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I was drawn to the Buick Terraza because it had lots of bells and whistles and low miles (29K). I have owned this vehicle for a little over 2 years and it has been nothing but a pain. Have replaced Wheel Hub Assemblies and control arms twice. Replaced lift gate struts at 50k. Automatic door stopped working and warning bell continuously dings while driving unless fuse for radio is pulled. ABS, Stability Control and Traction Control warning lights come on for no reason. DVD player gets hot to the touch. Plastic molding on the doors has come off. I have regular & scheduled maintenance done and drive it with respect. Do yourself a favor stay away from this vehicle.

What is not broken?
By HORRIBLE VECHICLE on 06/28/09 15:10 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

1)Oil leak between transmission and engine. 2)Electrical problems:Alternator and battery replaced because headlights and interior lights were dimming and going bright.3) Radio replaced due to background noise. DVD player had background noise still after noise suppressor added to +12Volt line.4) Stability control module replaced. 5) Electronic brake module replaced. 6) Power window control module replaced due to retaining clips broken. 7) Wind noise present: replaced sliding door molding. Still had it. 8) Ground effects coming off. 9) Something rolling around loose in steering wheel. Most failures occurred by 16,000 miles. The rest occurred before 30,000 miles. Do not trust this van!!

Love This Van! Even After Nearly 4 Years
By Butteview on 05/06/09 15:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I replaced a GMC Suburban with this van. I needed lots of cargo space and this has just 1.5 cubic feet less than my Suburban with the middle seats out and the rear seats folded flat. The storage in the rear, appearance and features sold me on this car. According to the computer, I get just a little better mileage than on the sticker. 18+/24+. I get especially good mileage on the highway. Accelerating really seems to burn gas. I got this van to take to dog shows and it is perfect. Mine has everything but heated leather seats. I would ordered that. I did not get good service from this particular Dealer.

I'm happy
By Mark Lamb on 05/24/07 01:14 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

For a minivan, it's super quiet. Sometimes the only sound is kids laughing in back, enjoying a DVD with the wireless headphones. Performance is adequate, downshifts nicely. Handling is very good for a vehicle of this type. Drives more like a sedan than a van.

2005 Terreza
By darin on 03/16/07 15:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Have had bad front brakes at 18,000. Dealer told me that the pads had heat glazed and wanted $290 for new pads. Put new pads on myself. Car still shaking when braking at 25,000 miles. Headlights and dashlights flicker when accelerating. Replaced radio and DVD player once at 10,000 miles. Not happy with it overall

Very surprised
By Rob on 01/03/07 18:27 PM (PST)

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I never heard of a Terraza until I found a used one on the the lot of my local Chevy dealer. The vehicle had 13,000 miles on it and was showroom new. It had everything i was looking for and I was hooked after the test drive. It rides smooth and has plenty of power. The 3.5L engine is not going to blow anyone's doors off, but it cruises effortlessly at 80 mph. The interior and exterior styling are very sharp and it has plenty of standard options like dual climate control power sliding doors, power seats and a dvd player. I have not noticed any of the problems indicated in other reviews such as lack of room, power, or road noise that interferes with conversations. It rides like a Caddy!

My First Buick Van
By Tom on 01/26/06 17:00 PM (PST)

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I had owned two vans prior to this, both Oldsmobiles, a 2000 and a 2004. I enjoyed both very much. The Terraza I bought is very nice but doesn't seem to have some of the extras that came standard with the Oldsmobiles. For instance the roof racks had crossover bars, in the Terraza you have to buy them extra. I had 3 keyed entrances before (both front doors and the rear hatch), now I only have one, the driver's side door. The Oldsmobiles had little compartments for coins, pencils, etc. plus small storage bins with lids in the back, there are none in the Terraza, except for the comparment on the rails sys. The Terraza has been in the repair shop 3 times since 1-17-05 and had to be towed once.

Terrazza is worth a look.
By jwh5700 on 01/14/06 20:21 PM (PST)

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The Buick Terraza is definitely worth a look. It may not be as powerful as the Honda Odyssey, but the ride is much better, the fuel economy is also better and has more standard features than its sister the Chevy Uplander. Standard leather seats with cloth inserts and standard electronic load leveling and dynamic styling along with a great price led us to purchase ours in April of 2005. We traveled fully loaded to the max from Cincinnati to Myrtle beach through the mountains and all and had averaged 25 mpg. To date we have not experienced any problems other than a loose panel by the sliding door track and the Buick dealership treats you as if you bought a Mercedes.

Many, Many Problems
By Cat on 10/20/05 08:14 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Yes, it does look nice and have many nice features, but the problems (11) I have had for the past seven months far outweigh the good. Neither Buick nor the dealer will do anything to compensate me for my loss of security in this vehicle. it The last and biggest problem was while driving on a major highway on a crowded Saturday afternoon, the steering completely locked up, the traction control light and service stability system lights came on, I had no ability to steer, use the gas or brake, the van kept swerving from side to side. Cause is faulty steering wheel sensor, but because of the other problems that were supposedly fixed but weren't, I will never feel safe in this vehicle again.