2005 Buick Terraza Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Terraza model:
Love it! Not enough cup holders though...
By silveeto on 04/17/13 18:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought my Terraza recently. It has been maintained so well that I'm pretty sure a family of ghosts drove it. It smells like new car, not a stain or a worn spot to be found. At a low 90,000km it looks as though it could have 10km on the clock - so I'm very excited just at how clean it is. In my time driving it, my only complaint is the transmission. Sometimes it doesn't seem to know what it wants to do. I stomp it for power on the highway and it launches into 6000rpm and sounds like it's about to explode. A little scary - I don't want to face a tranny rebuild so soon in our relationship. Aside from that, driving around town and so forth, she's the smoothest ride I've ever owned.

Owned since new in 2005
By drjayz on 12/29/12 08:02 AM (PST)

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL AWD 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Have a long history of good Bbuicks, so when it became time for me to haul grandsons to hockey and loads of food and gear to the cottage, I wanted a van with AWD. I love this vehicle and would have bought another if GM still made a replacement. A few problems that dealer handled well: flush rear AWD transmission due to whirring noise on sharp turns, Rt front wheel bearing, front brakes after 4 years-not bad, after 7 years remote start/doors key FOBs quit - still working on that one. Have 100,000miles including 2 trips to South Mexico-beautiful to drive at 75MPH for hours. #1 issue: same DVD stuck in 2nd row player since 2006 . In 2012 drive heated seat has a hot spot - may be a short?

My Terraza
By amherstburgmac on 12/01/12 23:13 PM (PST)

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CX AWD 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Had it since 2009, No major issues, low cost vehicle to run. Wheel bearing replacements and a brake job, but nearly 200K on the clock. Quiet and reliable.

Luxury for Mommy
By blastcap on 12/06/11 13:41 PM (PST)

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my buick for nearly 2 years and I love it! It's a smooth ride. Love the interior. very reliable. Have not had any problems so far. great for the kids, roomy. Great for traveling. only downfall is the gas mileage. I get about 15mpg city and not much more hwy. the automatic sliding doors are convenient but when you hit a bump in the road the door will un-latch, causing an ever so annoying alarm to sound until you put the car in park and shut the door. no regrets buying this vehicle.Treat yourself moms and buy this car!

Nothing but trouble
By jmacokc on 11/06/11 19:12 PM (PST)

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I was drawn to the Buick Terraza because it had lots of bells and whistles and low miles (29K). I have owned this vehicle for a little over 2 years and it has been nothing but a pain. Have replaced Wheel Hub Assemblies and control arms twice. Replaced lift gate struts at 50k. Automatic door stopped working and warning bell continuously dings while driving unless fuse for radio is pulled. ABS, Stability Control and Traction Control warning lights come on for no reason. DVD player gets hot to the touch. Plastic molding on the doors has come off. I have regular & scheduled maintenance done and drive it with respect. Do yourself a favor stay away from this vehicle.

Great car for travel!
By fred154 on 07/06/11 18:29 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car is sensational for comfortable long distance travel whether just for the two of us or when we take other adults up to six on a trip. It even beats our Lincoln Town Car for a comfortable long distance trip. Besides being handy to haul bulky items too large for an auto's trunk, it has an elegant interior. In 90,000 miles, we have had to replace one front wheel bearing and one rear hub. Otherwise, only normal maintenance has been required. I don't want to give this car up since there is no suitable replacement on the market now.

Great car for travel!
By Fred on 09/03/10 14:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought new in January,2005, our car now has 83,000 miles and has performed flawlessly. We have made several trips of more than 900 miles in one day with trade-off of drivers, and the comfort of its seats make that no problem. Mileage on trips is usually about 23 MPG, more at lower speeds. No repairs required except rear hubs became warped and noisy at 50,000 miles. Tires had to be replaced at 60,000 miles- good but not the 81,000 miles our 98 Oldsmobile van got. The interior design is very classy and car has many quality features. We wish GM would make more vans and not push everyone towards SUV's which are not nearly as economical and versatile.

Big mistake!
By Dan on 08/31/10 06:41 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the van used in 2008 (58,000 mi.) Traded in Jeep Commander which just didn't have enough room for my family. Big Mistake! Nothing but problems. Drivers side power door had been "fixed" six times now. Yeah, right. Number seven is right around the corner. Tranny slipping horribly. Radio turns off by it self at random. Headlights flicker. Heated seats do not work anymore. Pass. power seat broken. Carpet stains very easy. Door handles break often. The only thing that works right is the DVD system. I have owned over 20 vehicles. This is the worst ever! And having major dealership problems now too.

CXL should mean Crap Xtra Large.
By Dan on 08/30/10 11:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the van in Sept. 2008 to replace a Jeep Commander (Which I loved! But didn't have the room for 3 kids and all the stuff associated with them). I have to say, I am truly dissapointed with Buick and GM in general. I have had the van in the dealer 6 times for a reoccurring problem with drivers side power sliding door not closing and sending a constant alarm. Even when van is turned off, still alarms. Dealer DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO FIX IT! Just keeps resetting an adjustment and I'm back again a few months later. The service advisor told me today "There is a reason Buick stopped making this van, you should have read reviews before buying this piece of crap."

Terreza
By Sara on 08/09/10 14:20 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Terraza Minivan CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I hate this car! I bought it used, but within 6 months I had lights coming on, and was told it's a dirty sensor and to put $10 fuel additive in it every time I get gas, which is once a week. Now, I've had it for 2 years, spent $1000 on fuel additive and more lights are coming on. The remote start stopped working, the gas gauge stopped working and guess what, warranty's expired. $1500 min if I want it fixed. I am looking to trade it in!