Used 2005 Buick Terraza Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Buick Terraza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Terraza model:

Front End and Electrical Problems
By dinnages

2005 Buick Terraza CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Although we bought this vehicle second hand with just over 100k it has had front end and electrical issues constantly that no one can fix. The computer has had to be disconected to keep the brakes from coming on while driving, no one could figure this out and all related it to the computer. Front end problems, electrical problems that no one including GM can figure out. The vehicle is comfortable to drive, but the headaches have been more then enough. Stay away from this vehicle.

interior, comfort

get rid of vehicles with computers not only in this vehicle but all vehicles, go back to the basics when cars could easily be repaired.

Love it! Not enough cup holders though...
By silveeto

2005 Buick Terraza CX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought my Terraza recently. It has been maintained so well that I'm pretty sure a family of ghosts drove it. It smells like new car, not a stain or a worn spot to be found. At a low 90,000km it looks as though it could have 10km on the clock - so I'm very excited just at how clean it is. In my time driving it, my only complaint is the transmission. Sometimes it doesn't seem to know what it wants to do. I stomp it for power on the highway and it launches into 6000rpm and sounds like it's about to explode. A little scary - I don't want to face a tranny rebuild so soon in our relationship. Aside from that, driving around town and so forth, she's the smoothest ride I've ever owned.

Well, first and foremost, I love the autostart - it will become an invaluable feature come winter. Next, the power sliding door is nice although I see a lot of complaints on here regarding the power doors, so hopefully mine continues working as well as it has been. The van as a whole is just SO aesthetically pleasing. It's a handsome vehicle in AND out. I'm a little dumbfounded as to why it needs 500 cup holders though, lol. Regardless, it offers a lot of nice features and has a quality feel to it.

The transmission ought to be reconfigured to not be so spastic when moving at highway speeds. It feels very jumpy, low is too low, but fast sounds like the motor is going to blow. Around town it's amazing, but anything involving highway speeds makes me feel like I need to nurse it and carefully baby it over the hills or else risk damaging it.

Owned since new in 2005
By drjayz

2005 Buick Terraza CXL AWD 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Have a long history of good Bbuicks, so when it became time for me to haul grandsons to hockey and loads of food and gear to the cottage, I wanted a van with AWD. I love this vehicle and would have bought another if GM still made a replacement. A few problems that dealer handled well: flush rear AWD transmission due to whirring noise on sharp turns, Rt front wheel bearing, front brakes after 4 years-not bad, after 7 years remote start/doors key FOBs quit - still working on that one. Have 100,000miles including 2 trips to South Mexico-beautiful to drive at 75MPH for hours. #1 issue: same DVD stuck in 2nd row player since 2006 . In 2012 drive heated seat has a hot spot - may be a short?

Load space huge with 2nd row seats removed, can easily set up 3rd row when needed - load leveling v.g with heavy lumber, etc. Great highway ride, love the back-up sensors for parking, etc, interior great. AWD great in winter and on loose gravel inclines,

2nd row DVD service, Rt Front bearing and brakes longevity, Make a replacement or 2014 Terraza van - still looking for my next Terraza!

My Terraza
By amherstburgmac

2005 Buick Terraza CX AWD 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Had it since 2009, No major issues, low cost vehicle to run. Wheel bearing replacements and a brake job, but nearly 200K on the clock. Quiet and reliable.

Comfort and noise suppression. Great for 8x4s and bags of cement...

Wheel bearing reliability. Occasional power doors not closing properly.

Luxury for Mommy
By blastcap

2005 Buick Terraza CXL Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my buick for nearly 2 years and I love it! It's a smooth ride. Love the interior. very reliable. Have not had any problems so far. great for the kids, roomy. Great for traveling. only downfall is the gas mileage. I get about 15mpg city and not much more hwy. the automatic sliding doors are convenient but when you hit a bump in the road the door will un-latch, causing an ever so annoying alarm to sound until you put the car in park and shut the door. no regrets buying this vehicle.Treat yourself moms and buy this car!