My parent's 97 skylark...
By kslaughter322 on
1997 Buick Skylark Custom 4dr Sedan
Just got my permit in November, and love to drive this car. The controls are all easy to get to, It has a lot of power, very good handling, safe and smooth ride, but don't expect it to drive like a Caddy or Roadmaster. My parents made 2, 300 some mile trips from wv to ohio and had no issues to speak of. also, later on after I got my permit, we made a drive from oak hill, wv to Grantsville, MD, and 3 weeks later Oak Hill, WV to Severn MD and again, no problems to speak of. And the car has around 119,500 miles on it. Have had the car a little over a year and it is very reliable. When I turn 16, I want a Skylark as a first car.
Favorite Features
When we got the car, it has some issues with the quality luxury features. Ac was good, but went out after crank change. Tape player worked as well until Crank change. Power windows are weak, cruise is out on it, and window lock switch pops out. reverse is weak, was not when we got it, but is currently and turn signals went out, had to get new relay. Car runs awesome, but needs repairs we cannot afford so I would not know how well these features work when in order.
Suggested Improvements
remote unlock, better middle hub caps, they come off easily. and also easier to get to light relays