Used 1997 Buick Skylark Custom Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Buick Skylark - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Skylark model:

junk
By chris m

1997 Buick Skylark Coupe Custom 2dr Coupe

Lower control arm bushing (driver side) popped out while under warranty. Passenger side popped out after out of warranty-$130 for control arm loaded w/new bushings-I installed it. Ignition switch went bad- THEFT light was flashing and no start-$540 to tow and repair. Windshield wiper motor went out-$230 new motor installed. Driver side window popped out of the track at top of window-haven't fixed it yet. Alternator went out-$95 with exchange-I installed it.Remote trunk release cable snapped. Remote filler door seized up.On it's second set of rotors.This car had 33000 miles when i bought it in 2000. It now has 72000 on it, so it's not like it has a hard life.

Favorite Features

Motor and transmission are perfect(2.4L), The exhaust is the original and in good shape, Good fuel mileage even around town. NO RUST- this is a car that sits outside all the time.

very satisfied.
By Cananopie

1997 Buick Skylark Coupe Custom 2dr Coupe

I bought my car Limited Edition skylark last April with 80,000 miles on it and I have been driving it a lot and nothing major has happened in 8 months except for recently the fuel pump broke, but it was over 100,000 miles on it. This car has amazed me with is performance and its reliability

Favorite Features

quick 6 cyl 3.1 L engine. People are often surprised at its performance. comfortable. sound system and gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Heater is too small by feet. maybe a little bigger.