1996 Buick Skylark Consumer Review: Takes a beating

1996 Buick Skylark Sedan - Consumer Review

Takes a beating
By luvinit on

1996 Buick Skylark Custom 4dr Sedan

I despised this vehicle when I first began to drive it because it is a "grandma" sedan. Over a year of driving it, i have learned to love it. I have had some pricy repairs but given the age, the mileage and some of the notorious parts that come with it standard, i had expected it. The parts I believe may be due to the dealership's, and the previous owners fault; they were in moderate condition when purchased but went far downhill over the course of five years. My vehicle has had basicly everything worked on except for the lower portion of the engine. The repair costs that i have suffered are most likely not common given that the main notorious object in the vehicle, has just failed(tranny)

The gas mileage along with an engine with guts (given the size). The overall handling of the vehicle (ie steering, highway cruise control etc). This car I know I can rebuild, it may fail, but it can pass that 120k mark and keep on hauling with the right upkeep

Turn signals, the rear end has the non distinct color signal that goes through your brake lights...hard for traffic to see. Electrical parts such as the driver's seat and powered windows, when these things fail it bites. (I have only had the seat fail on me so far... knock on wood)