Used 1995 Buick Skylark Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Buick Skylark - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Skylark model:

Most Helpful|
Fun car, but problematic.
By blahblah718293

1995 Buick Skylark Custom 4dr Sedan

This was my first car at 131k miles. As soon as I got it it started having problems. The radiator cracked and needed to be replaced, then the heater core went and got antifreeze all over the floor on the passenger side. Other than that I get about 24 mpg overall, but I drive through a lot of hills and it takes quite a bit of gas to lug the 3800 lb car around. The engine is plenty powerful and I've never had any problems with it or the transmission. Just the cooling/heating system that needs work.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive. Plenty of room, large trunk. Very comfortable seats and easy to install after-market CD player

Suggested Improvements

Sturdier cooling/heating system. The cup holders are in the glove compartment and that's very awkward. They're not even very good ones.

Great Little Sporty Car
By Paraglider

1995 Buick Skylark Gran Sport 2dr Coupe

I have been driving my 1995 Buick Skylark GS for about three years now. I purchased it the last time gas was three dollars a gallon as an inexpensive commuter car to use instead of driving my diesel pickup all the time. I could not be more pleased with this car! The Skylark is the second Buick I have owned. I find them well built, economical, and a good alternative to the imports. I get as good of gas mileage as many imports, with a much more powerful, nicer car to boot. It is a pretty red with dark gray exterior trim and black and gray leather/fabric interior. The exterior of the car looks sporty (for a Buick!) but dulls

Favorite Features

Handling, fuel economy

Good Car
By JDon

1995 Buick Skylark Custom 4dr Sedan

Very Dependable...easy to lock yourself out of this car. Not easy to get in or out of...short doors. Extremely dependable little car.

Favorite Features

Great upholstery...no oil use.

Suggested Improvements

Needs redesign of knee room to enter or exit car.

It's been a good ride
By Paraglider

1995 Buick Skylark Gran Sport 2dr Coupe

Have enjoyed driving the Skylark Gran Sport for almost five years. Bought the car with 144000 miles and it now has 185000. I wouldn't be moving on to a new rig, but recently developed a drivetrain noise that sounds like expensive repairs will soon be here. However, I have really enjoyed driving the little Buick. It gets 26-28 mpg reliably, good performance, fun to whip thru the curves with it's "riding on rails" suspension. I have fixed a few things (alternator- water pump- radiator re-done) but overall it's been some good cheap driving. I like Buicks- great cars.

Favorite Features

The car is NICE LOOKING...sporty. Very good fuel economy, with POWER at the same time! better than an underpowered import. The "hybrid" cloth/leather seats are nice. Great paint- still looks good after 15 years. Good sized trunk.

Suggested Improvements

Buick hasn't made a Skylark in several years, so no need to improve... :-)

95 Buick Skylark
By Linda

1995 Buick Skylark Custom 4dr Sedan

Have been unable to find water leak in rain that causes water to set on driver side front floor. Anti lock brake dash light and service engine soon dash light keeps going on and then back off. Unable to find problem. Also had oil leak that was repaired, cost $900. Horn problem that was repaired and worked for 1 month, cost $280.

Favorite Features

Nice style. Good driver and gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Water leaks. Anti lock brakes. Better design horn buttons as they are in air bag and it must be replaced to fix horn