1995 Buick Skylark Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Skylark model:
Fun car, but problematic.
By blahblah718293 on 12/19/06 18:52 PM (PST)

1995 Buick Skylark Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

This was my first car at 131k miles. As soon as I got it it started having problems. The radiator cracked and needed to be replaced, then the heater core went and got antifreeze all over the floor on the passenger side. Other than that I get about 24 mpg overall, but I drive through a lot of hills and it takes quite a bit of gas to lug the 3800 lb car around. The engine is plenty powerful and I've never had any problems with it or the transmission. Just the cooling/heating system that needs work.

95 Buick Skylark
By Linda on 12/12/06 22:13 PM (PST)

1995 Buick Skylark Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

Have been unable to find water leak in rain that causes water to set on driver side front floor. Anti lock brake dash light and service engine soon dash light keeps going on and then back off. Unable to find problem. Also had oil leak that was repaired, cost $900. Horn problem that was repaired and worked for 1 month, cost $280.

Bought it new
By jeff on 11/25/05 00:25 AM (PST)

1995 Buick Skylark Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

Wife's car, worst problem so far was the a/c condenser. The front brakes only lasted 20k, then replaced. 3.1 v6 runs great. 85k now. It has been the perfect car for her, I like it too. Suspension is soft.

great auto
By papanana on 05/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Buick Skylark Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

triple aaa with power to spare on hwy at high speeds ,very comforable and safe..

Good Car
By JDon on 12/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Buick Skylark Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

Very Dependable...easy to lock yourself out of this car. Not easy to get in or out of...short doors. Extremely dependable little car.

Love My Buick
By Hip321 on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Buick Skylark Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I'm not your typical Buick owner, I bought my 1st Skylark when I was 24, I am now 31. I can't say enough about how I love my Buick. It is safe, reliable and I enjoy driving it. Yes, I too have repaired & replaced my fair share of things, but with over 107k miles on it, that's to be expected. The worst repair I had to make was replacing the transmission at 90k miles. This is my 2nd Skylark, I lost my 1st in '97 in a nasty accident (rear-ended at a stoplight by a 12-ton truck). Since I walked away from that, I was determined to find myself another one.

8 Years of Headaches!!!
By bewareskylark on 06/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Buick Skylark Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

Wish my mechanics were with me before I bought it. Mainly drove to the train. But it needed brand new brakes & roters 3x’s and a new engine after 5 yrs. With low speed driving, the oil can’t burn off efficiently, even with regular oil changes. The front alingment design caused flat tires and needed new lower ball joints. It had continued fuse problems, and the alternator got replaced twice. 1 month ago it died on the expressway without warning. Another engine design problem allowed the antifreeze to leak into the engine & overheat. Never did any warning lights go off. With 67K miles, the body looked great, but under the hood was junk!!!

Good car
By drc37 on 03/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Buick Skylark Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

It has worked well for us for the last 5 years. No complaints. Nothing ever really broke besides the standard items like brakes and battery.