Used 1995 Buick Skylark Gran Sport Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Buick Skylark - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Skylark model:

Most Helpful|
Great Little Sporty Car
By Paraglider

1995 Buick Skylark Gran Sport 2dr Coupe

I have been driving my 1995 Buick Skylark GS for about three years now. I purchased it the last time gas was three dollars a gallon as an inexpensive commuter car to use instead of driving my diesel pickup all the time. I could not be more pleased with this car! The Skylark is the second Buick I have owned. I find them well built, economical, and a good alternative to the imports. I get as good of gas mileage as many imports, with a much more powerful, nicer car to boot. It is a pretty red with dark gray exterior trim and black and gray leather/fabric interior. The exterior of the car looks sporty (for a Buick!) but dulls

Favorite Features

Handling, fuel economy

It's been a good ride
By Paraglider

1995 Buick Skylark Gran Sport 2dr Coupe

Have enjoyed driving the Skylark Gran Sport for almost five years. Bought the car with 144000 miles and it now has 185000. I wouldn't be moving on to a new rig, but recently developed a drivetrain noise that sounds like expensive repairs will soon be here. However, I have really enjoyed driving the little Buick. It gets 26-28 mpg reliably, good performance, fun to whip thru the curves with it's "riding on rails" suspension. I have fixed a few things (alternator- water pump- radiator re-done) but overall it's been some good cheap driving. I like Buicks- great cars.

Favorite Features

The car is NICE LOOKING...sporty. Very good fuel economy, with POWER at the same time! better than an underpowered import. The "hybrid" cloth/leather seats are nice. Great paint- still looks good after 15 years. Good sized trunk.

Suggested Improvements

Buick hasn't made a Skylark in several years, so no need to improve... :-)